Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? 16:42 - Jun 10 with 2657 viewsSTYG

How on earth have they got to a stage where Tarkowski and Mee both leave on frees?

We thought we were bad under Evans. But a Premier League team losing two of it's better players for nothing!

On top of the new ownership, sacking of Dyche and so on, they just look like they'll be a certainty for absolute freefall.

They have a raft of players that might for for £25m, £15m, £5m all just leave at once! Scary to think how many millions in transfer fees they've lost when they should have been tied down last year or moved on.

Shame on many counts. Been such a well run club and we need as many clubs as possible to challenge that lot and keep them from bouncing back first time.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 16:43]
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 16:44 - Jun 10 with 2630 viewsSitfcB

They turned down about £35million from West Ham the other year didn’t they? For Tarkowski that is.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 16:45 - Jun 10 with 2614 viewsSteve_M

Their takeover was a leveraged buyout, essentially the club were mortgaged against future income. So, outside the Premier League they are struggling.

All or nothing on getting back up in Year 1 I suspect.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 16:47 - Jun 10 with 2594 viewsSTYG

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 16:44 - Jun 10 by SitfcB

They turned down about £35million from West Ham the other year didn’t they? For Tarkowski that is.

Something like that. Just seems incredible that their two main centre halves (61 games between them this season) were both out of contract, neither renewed, neither moved on last summer or January and they've got nothing!

Even if they'd stayed up and both walked they'd have to find how many million to replace them with the same quality!
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 17:11 - Jun 10 with 2447 viewsChurchman

It should never have been allowed to happen. The story of the takeover is here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-cl

It was written in Feb 21. And they’ve now been relegated. The club has gone from solvent with millions in the bank to bust in 15 months. It’s disgraceful that old historic football clubs like Burnley can be so easily bought by chancers from goodness knows where.
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 17:45 - Jun 10 with 2290 viewsArnieM

Tbh I see Burnley as being in a similar position to us several years ago. We literally gave away two squads of decent players for next to nothing to balance the books . Holland went for something like £300k when his market value at that time was £4m, Stewart went to Sunderland at the 12th hour for £1m when he was worth double figures . Bowman told me the club were with hours of closure had we not done money in to pay the tax man . The rest is history . The sad thing is that was 20 years ago and clubs are still not learning that if they play the Pimp sky tune at some point it’ll end in a Derby County or worse .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:02 - Jun 10 with 2184 viewsVeggie

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 17:11 - Jun 10 by Churchman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-cl

It was written in Feb 21. And they’ve now been relegated. The club has gone from solvent with millions in the bank to bust in 15 months. It’s disgraceful that old historic football clubs like Burnley can be so easily bought by chancers from goodness knows where.

“It’s disgraceful that old historic football clubs like Burnley can be so easily bought by chancers from goodness knows where.” Yeah that would never happen to us. Right guys?
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:05 - Jun 10 with 2170 viewsParisBlue

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 17:45 - Jun 10 by ArnieM

Tbh I see Burnley as being in a similar position to us several years ago. We literally gave away two squads of decent players for next to nothing to balance the books . Holland went for something like £300k when his market value at that time was £4m, Stewart went to Sunderland at the 12th hour for £1m when he was worth double figures . Bowman told me the club were with hours of closure had we not done money in to pay the tax man . The rest is history . The sad thing is that was 20 years ago and clubs are still not learning that if they play the Pimp sky tune at some point it’ll end in a Derby County or worse .

To be fair, Holland rejected a move to Villa in the summer, and Herman the same to West Brom. It's almost like suffolk is a nicer place to live than the West Midlands.

For Burnley their relegation means a large chunk of their debt is now payable, offset by parachute payments but at the detriment of not using that money to buy new players.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:29 - Jun 10 with 2090 viewsOwainG1992

Simon Jordan on Talksport has been saying for months they're gonna be in a lot trouble if they go down.
I do not one bit expect to see them back in the prem any time soon.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:41 - Jun 10 with 2031 viewsParisBlue

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:29 - Jun 10 by OwainG1992

Simon Jordan on Talksport has been saying for months they're gonna be in a lot trouble if they go down.

It's why we need to get back in the Championship asap. It's much weaker financially, only a few teams have parachute payments so if we can get a bit of momentum there's every chance of sneaking into the top 6.

Luton, Huddersfield last season, Barnsley the year before Let's see how Sunderland do next year.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:56 - Jun 10 with 1938 viewsXYZ

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:02 - Jun 10 by Veggie

“It’s disgraceful that old historic football clubs like Burnley can be so easily bought by chancers from goodness knows where.” Yeah that would never happen to us. Right guys?

What similarities have you identified between Burnley's takeover and ours?
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:58 - Jun 10 with 1934 viewswaveneyblue

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:29 - Jun 10 by OwainG1992

Sadly makes Nodges path back easier. I'm sure they will wave to Fulham as they change places again
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 19:13 - Jun 10 with 1864 viewsgtsb1966

They will be in league 1 within 2 years. That takeover was probably one of, if not the worse, takeovers in football history.
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 22:38 - Jun 10 with 1423 viewsVeggie

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:56 - Jun 10 by XYZ

What similarities have you identified between Burnley's takeover and ours?

We’ve been purchased by investors from the US. Who knows what might happen in the future.
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 23:22 - Jun 10 with 1313 viewsChurchman

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:02 - Jun 10 by Veggie

Yes, of course it could happen to us. But I don’t think our owners did it the same way as Burnley’s. Please correct me if I am wrong
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 23:50 - Jun 10 with 1260 viewsElderGrizzly

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 17:11 - Jun 10 by Churchman

They’ve got to pay back £65m this summer haven’t they?
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 23:54 - Jun 10 with 1252 viewsElderGrizzly

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 23:22 - Jun 10 by Churchman

Yes, of course it could happen to us. But I don’t think our owners did it the same way as Burnley’s. Please correct me if I am wrong

They didn’t :)
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 00:19 - Jun 11 with 1216 viewsChurchman

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 23:50 - Jun 10 by ElderGrizzly

They’ve got to pay back £65m this summer haven’t they?

So I gather, yes. The deal done was great for the sellers, with relegation not so good for the buyers and catastrophic for Burnley.
Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 08:05 - Jun 11 with 954 viewsPinewoodblue

Burnley are going to be the next disaster aren't they? on 18:05 - Jun 10 by ParisBlue

To be fair, Holland rejected a move to Villa in the summer, and Herman the same to West Brom. It's almost like suffolk is a nicer place to live than the West Midlands.

For Burnley their relegation means a large chunk of their debt is now payable, offset by parachute payments but at the detriment of not using that money to buy new players.

Didn’t George Burley hint, after we had gone into Administration, that had he been aware how precarious the situation was he would have persuaded players to leave. Presumably he was referring to Marty and HH.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024