Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from club on A12 closure tonight 14:46 - Sep 13 with 1138 viewsunstableblue

"Some travel info for Town fans attending Portman Road tonight:

The A14 will be closed westbound overnight from junctions 58-56 from 8.00pm for scheduled maintenance works

The A12 will also be closed in both directions from junctions 31-29 from 9.00pm. "

I'm heading south A12 after game and basically its shut from East Bergholt turn to A12/A120/Severall Industrial Estate junctions

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 15:00 - Sep 13 with 1071 viewsbournemouthblue

Yes, I encountered this at the dead of night last night

Very irritating after a ferry trip back to Portsmouth from France

I guess these jobs have to be done at some point though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:25 - Sep 13 with 853 viewsDJR

I always find diversions, particularly at night, difficult, because they aren't always well signposted, quite apart from the extra traffic they generate on lesser roads.

One option might be to take the Wherstead Road and head to Manningtree, and then travel to and through Colchester. I've done that in the past when there have been problems on the A12.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 16:26]
Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:30 - Sep 13 with 822 viewsbluefunk

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:25 - Sep 13 by DJR

I always find diversions, particularly at night, difficult, because they aren't always well signposted, quite apart from the extra traffic they generate on lesser roads.

One option might be to take the Wherstead Road and head to Manningtree, and then travel to and through Colchester. I've done that in the past when there have been problems on the A12.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 16:26]

That will probably be the diversion route, from Brantham onwards, assuming they’re diverting everyone at the East Bergholt turning
Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:51 - Sep 13 with 784 viewsDJR

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:30 - Sep 13 by bluefunk

That will probably be the diversion route, from Brantham onwards, assuming they’re diverting everyone at the East Bergholt turning

That's probably right, but the route I suggested will avoid going on to the A12, and then travelling in traffic down the windy roads from the East Bergholt to near Brantham, which is a longer way to get to Manningtree.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 17:53]
Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 17:00 - Sep 13 with 728 viewsN2_Blue

FFS - long old slog home then!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 17:03 - Sep 13 with 706 viewsmonty_radio

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 16:30 - Sep 13 by bluefunk

So, better to take the Wherstead/Manningtree Rd out of town in the first place then wind down through Bergholt

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 07:00 - Sep 14 with 511 viewsandytown

Update from club on A12 closure tonight on 17:03 - Sep 13 by monty_radio

So, better to take the Wherstead/Manningtree Rd out of town in the first place then wind down through Bergholt

Went south on A12 after the game last night, was open. Closed northbound only.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024