Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dentists 16:33 - Dec 6 with 2195 viewshype313

Whilst awaiting my appointment to sort out a painful tooth earlier, I noticed on the wall a sign saying you can now pay for your dental treatment by Klarna.

I don't know why, but it shocked me and made me feel quite uncomfortable, never in my life did I expect to see something like that, it's hideous in my opinion, or am I just not with he times?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dentists on 16:38 - Dec 6 with 2145 viewsBlueandTruesince82

You can also apparently now pay for your deliveroo via Klama which is even more scary. At least Dentists are expensive enough that you can understand it, dystopianly depressing as it is.

Needing it for a Chinese is straight out of black mirror

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dentists on 16:52 - Dec 6 with 2103 viewsjeera

Shouldn't need to be an option should it.

Sure, you expect to see financier's name crop up when buying a sofa, but not when one's health is involved.

We've been sold out hypers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dentists on 17:10 - Dec 6 with 2054 viewsstrikalite

Talking about dentists, I went yesterday for a check up, not been since lockdown, £76 for a quick poke about, I need a clean which will be £110, and I need a filling with a price tag of £180...
I won't mention that I also need a tooth implant at £2k!
Dentists on 17:26 - Dec 6 with 2011 viewsLord_Lucan

What is a “Dentist”?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dentists on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 1969 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

You can use Klarna in B&M which is even more unsettling.

I signed up for the Samsung upgrade programme about six years ago as it was an interest free way of paying for a new handset. At the time, the monthly payments went through Close Brothers. I never missed a payment in four years and never had any issues. My credit rating was good at the start, and even better by the end. Then it changed over to Klarna and I was rejected in 2020. Advised to contact Klarna, who were as much use as a chocolate teapot and it actually marginally dented my credit rating temporarily. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, so very sad to see that they have got their claws into so much of what is left of a decaying high street and now healthcare.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Dentists on 17:58 - Dec 6 with 1946 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dentists on 17:26 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

What is a “Dentist”?

Is the message my teeth project when I smile!

Edit....ps....I have no idea what Klarna is.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 18:01]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Dentists on 18:00 - Dec 6 with 1942 viewsWeWereZombies

Dentists on 17:26 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

What is a “Dentist”?

Зъболекар

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Dentists on 18:21 - Dec 6 with 1892 viewsStNeotsBlue

Dentists on 17:58 - Dec 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thank f@ck I'm not the only one who doesn't know what klarna is.
Login to get fewer ads

Dentists on 18:38 - Dec 6 with 1858 viewsjeera

Dentists on 18:21 - Dec 6 by StNeotsBlue

I'd never heard of them either until a few weeks ago when I out down a deposit on a new sofa.

Instead of paying directly to the retailer as I expected my invoice came from Klarna who, I assume, act as a clearing agent, (if that's the correct term - but along those lines, I've forgotten tbh).

So the retailer pays a financier such as them to assure they are paid and the 'debt' is then owed to Klarna. In effect they buy the liability and receive a percentage.

A lot of large wholesalers use that kind of service to protect themselves from getting stung from buyers who rely on credit.

I don't know why I had to go through them when I was paying though but assume their contract with the seller means all transactions are processed that way.

Looks like this Klarna are huge though and are involved in all sorts of lending.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dentists on 18:38 - Dec 6 with 1857 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Dentists on 17:58 - Dec 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Swedish "buy now, pay later" service. They claim to only perform soft credit checks, which I think is the case if you want to spread the cost of a pair of trainers over a few weeks, but if you are unlucky enough to have them take over a longer, more expensive loan, this was not my experience.

I think their target audience was youngsters who are yet to really build any good credit, to allow them to buy some decent clobber before a night out before they get their payslip from their part time jobs. However, they seem to have now started preying on adults of all ages, which could be because of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jul/11/klarna-sees-its-value-slashed

Dentists on 19:15 - Dec 6 with 1815 viewsIllinoisblue

Welcome to America

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dentists on 21:17 - Dec 6 with 1696 viewsWeWereZombies

Dentists on 18:38 - Dec 6 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Swedish "buy now, pay later" service. They claim to only perform soft credit checks, which I think is the case if you want to spread the cost of a pair of trainers over a few weeks, but if you are unlucky enough to have them take over a longer, more expensive loan, this was not my experience.

I think their target audience was youngsters who are yet to really build any good credit, to allow them to buy some decent clobber before a night out before they get their payslip from their part time jobs. However, they seem to have now started preying on adults of all ages, which could be because of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jul/11/klarna-sees-its-value-slashed

There was a Panorama 'expose' of them and a couple of other companies (Clearpay was one) last year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012jqk/panorama-buy-now-pay-later-the-ne

Dentists on 00:03 - Dec 7 with 1595 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Dentists on 21:17 - Dec 6 by WeWereZombies

There was a Panorama 'expose' of them and a couple of other companies (Clearpay was one) last year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012jqk/panorama-buy-now-pay-later-the-ne

Haven't seen this before, I see it expires in under a week. Will give it a watch, cheers

Dentists on 23:02 - Dec 13 with 1212 viewsWeWereZombies

A much shorter lowdown on Klarna and Clearpay:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-63910427
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 23:04]

Dentists on 07:27 - Dec 14 with 1081 viewsChurchman

Dentists on 18:21 - Dec 6 by StNeotsBlue

I had to look it up too.

As for dentists, I believe there are NHS dentists still out there, but I haven’t used one since I was big enough to fight back. The animal we had pulled out the wrong teeth on my parents twice, filled my sisters teeth to the point of ruining them. I was told ‘boys are brave and don’t have injections’. This one wasn’t.

The swine used to leave the door open and you could hear the drill and the screaming of previous victims before your turn. Thanks to that animal, I never went near a peg puller for about 20 years until months of toothache herded me to one in Putney, where I worked.

I’ve been going to a private one near where I live in Kent since then. They’ve been excellent and at £80 for an inspection and sand blast every six months, I’ll live with that. In addition to poking around she does a thorough inspection of your gob for anything nasty - and oral wellbeing is important to general good health, so I’m told.
Dentists on 14:38 - Dec 14 with 873 viewsCotty

Dentists on 17:10 - Dec 6 by strikalite

Talking about dentists, I went yesterday for a check up, not been since lockdown, £76 for a quick poke about, I need a clean which will be £110, and I need a filling with a price tag of £180...
I won't mention that I also need a tooth implant at £2k!

You're being rinsed. Hygienist is £60 for a clean at my place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024