Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The South Yorkshire View 19:01 - Jan 23 with 1788 viewsMetal_Hacker

Seems The Star up here are keeping a close eye on us

Have they heard something we haven’t in terms of wanting the game abandoned

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-ipswich-town-wa

Poll: If it were one or the other

The South Yorkshire View on 19:13 - Jan 23 with 1693 viewsLankHenners

Think they've clearly gone to have a little dig at us - framed as being punished for hubris and getting a line about 'big-spending Ipswich' in at the end.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The South Yorkshire View on 19:16 - Jan 23 with 1644 viewsRozz

Just says exactly what we already knew, doesn't it? Am I missing something?
The South Yorkshire View on 21:03 - Jan 23 with 1436 viewsSwansea_Blue

The South Yorkshire View on 19:16 - Jan 23 by Rozz

Just says exactly what we already knew, doesn't it? Am I missing something?

Yep, that’s how I read it too. The headline is just a different take on exactly as reported by Phil on the day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The South Yorkshire View on 21:57 - Jan 23 with 1244 viewsIllinoisblue

The South Yorkshire View on 21:03 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, that’s how I read it too. The headline is just a different take on exactly as reported by Phil on the day.

Exactly. Although they’ve added a couple of digs: “big spending Ipswich” and “1million left back Davis”. As if Wednesday players are paid in magic beans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The South Yorkshire View on 03:37 - Jan 24 with 926 viewsRyorry

The South Yorkshire View on 21:57 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

Exactly. Although they’ve added a couple of digs: “big spending Ipswich” and “1million left back Davis”. As if Wednesday players are paid in magic beans.

For an article that's supposed to have been written by a professional journalist, that's one of the worst, most amateurish pieces I've ever read.

They haven't even bothered to get it proof read (word left out in para 2, which completely alters the meaning) or adequately researched ("experienced" referee) - and that's before you even get to the childish bias.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The South Yorkshire View on 04:41 - Jan 24 with 887 viewsblueoxford

The South Yorkshire View on 03:37 - Jan 24 by Ryorry

For an article that's supposed to have been written by a professional journalist, that's one of the worst, most amateurish pieces I've ever read.

They haven't even bothered to get it proof read (word left out in para 2, which completely alters the meaning) or adequately researched ("experienced" referee) - and that's before you even get to the childish bias.

McKenna didn’t do a u-turn. He changed his decision based on what he was told by the ref
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024