Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing 16:16 - Jan 23 with 1560 viewsVic

why they are playing in league one and not the Championship. Really good players - but just fall short, or have a few too many weaknesses to be consistent Championship players - so far.

Walton, Burns, Chappers - and dare I say, even Morsy - have slipped off the form they showed last season, and early this. They'll come good i'm sure, but just now it feels that it's their weaknesses rather than their strengths which are combining to us as a team falling a bit short.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 1530 viewsEireannach_gorm

That's the difference between a group of good players and a good team.
It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 16:32 - Jan 23 with 1446 viewsstrikalite

Composure in and around the box is what a few of them lack, Ladapo, Burns, Edwards, Harness...if they had that two seconds of composure to make the right decision then yep they wouldn't be in League One..
It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 16:51 - Jan 23 with 1387 viewsclive_baker

I think on an individual level there really isn't much to choose between a chunk of our squad and a chunk of Championship players tbh. Rotherham was only 1 game, but it showed the gap isn't huge, if at all existent between those 2 sides. Look at someone like Dozzell, he's playing fairly regularly for a midtable Championship side, I'm not convinced if you swapped him with Evans either side would be notably different. Gibbs at Norwich, I dare say he wouldn't have played as many minutes for us this season as he has for them (rightly or wrongly).

I think there's a risk of us going overboard and being too reactionary, when we've largely dominated games this season and while we're on a tricky run, we've got as good a squad as anyone. I tend to be more performance led than results led, and we're probably 6 points off us all sitting here believing we'll finish top 2. That's if's and but's but it is very fine lines and I wouldn't let recent results dictate the narrative in terms of how much we've improved since KM came in, and our dominance in games. Despite being 3rd our league position probably doesn't quite reflect that. We need to be a bit better in both boxes but I think we've brought in 3 players with a view to doing that. There's a lot of games to be played, fans can play their part in it too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 1307 viewsRyorry

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 16:51 - Jan 23 by clive_baker

I think on an individual level there really isn't much to choose between a chunk of our squad and a chunk of Championship players tbh. Rotherham was only 1 game, but it showed the gap isn't huge, if at all existent between those 2 sides. Look at someone like Dozzell, he's playing fairly regularly for a midtable Championship side, I'm not convinced if you swapped him with Evans either side would be notably different. Gibbs at Norwich, I dare say he wouldn't have played as many minutes for us this season as he has for them (rightly or wrongly).

I think there's a risk of us going overboard and being too reactionary, when we've largely dominated games this season and while we're on a tricky run, we've got as good a squad as anyone. I tend to be more performance led than results led, and we're probably 6 points off us all sitting here believing we'll finish top 2. That's if's and but's but it is very fine lines and I wouldn't let recent results dictate the narrative in terms of how much we've improved since KM came in, and our dominance in games. Despite being 3rd our league position probably doesn't quite reflect that. We need to be a bit better in both boxes but I think we've brought in 3 players with a view to doing that. There's a lot of games to be played, fans can play their part in it too.

Wish I could give that a lot more uppies than just the one 👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:12 - Jan 23 with 1184 viewsbadadski

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 17:12 - Jan 23 by Ryorry

Wish I could give that a lot more uppies than just the one 👍

We have a team of pablo’s. Most of the crap results have come off the back of really cold, wet Or
Foggy weather - pablo couldn’t play in the cold or on sky - we are still the same - flat track bullies when the surface and conditions are nice - as soon as they are not it’s a level playing field as we can’t play any other way or won’t
It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:16 - Jan 23 with 1167 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yes pretty much what I've said. But good for you to post without the abuse after. I await SB response to you asking for evidence for your opinions

FB

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:19 - Jan 23 with 1159 viewsRyorry

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:12 - Jan 23 by badadski

We have a team of pablo’s. Most of the crap results have come off the back of really cold, wet Or
Foggy weather - pablo couldn’t play in the cold or on sky - we are still the same - flat track bullies when the surface and conditions are nice - as soon as they are not it’s a level playing field as we can’t play any other way or won’t

I think you've replied to the wrong post!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:50 - Jan 23 with 1089 viewsVic

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 16:51 - Jan 23 by clive_baker

Apols if my post sounded reactionary - not meaning to. And absolutely not saying the players we have aren’t very good, etc. but truth is that of those we’ve bought from the championship few have been regulars in that division. They definitely have potential to thrive and be hold thier own - but at the time we bought them they were not the finished article. I’m just musing whether our current results are reflecting that and showing why they were willing to step down a league.

I’m utterly convinced they are good players but think most have room to improve (which is why Ashton and KM have bought them, they will come good - we need to be patient. This is not a time to panic. kM is a young manager; this blip could be the making of him. One things for sure, he’s going to have some brilliant people he can call on to advise him should he want to contact them. He’ll come good, of that I have no doubt.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 948 viewsChurchman

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:50 - Jan 23 by Vic

Apols if my post sounded reactionary - not meaning to. And absolutely not saying the players we have aren’t very good, etc. but truth is that of those we’ve bought from the championship few have been regulars in that division. They definitely have potential to thrive and be hold thier own - but at the time we bought them they were not the finished article. I’m just musing whether our current results are reflecting that and showing why they were willing to step down a league.

I’m utterly convinced they are good players but think most have room to improve (which is why Ashton and KM have bought them, they will come good - we need to be patient. This is not a time to panic. kM is a young manager; this blip could be the making of him. One things for sure, he’s going to have some brilliant people he can call on to advise him should he want to contact them. He’ll come good, of that I have no doubt.

I agree, they do need patience. A commodity in short supply in football and tbh I’m not blessed with enough of it either.

They are not the finished article and are not quite a team to the degree particularly Plymouth are at the moment. The players are good enough and most are the right age and on long contracts.

In particular, McKenna needs time and support and we will reap the benefit. He was never going to get everything right all of the time. Nobody does.
It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 23:17 - Jan 23 with 808 viewsclive_baker

It sounds like a few to many of our players are showing on 18:50 - Jan 23 by Vic

Sorry wasn’t meant as a dig at you, your post is certainly a fair consideration. Just the general sentiment that seems to be creeping in more generally is OTT IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024