Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homeland..... 08:52 - Jan 24 with 1351 viewsitfcjoe

.....old news but I finally made it to the end of this series last night.

I think it is really underrated as a drama, maybe because of the weak middle series (3-4) and the total pivot from having it about Nicholas Brody to what becomes almsot a father-daughter relationship series with Saul and Carrie.

Those 2 are superb in the later series, and I think the final episode was so expertly done and handled that it really got to the bottom of both of their characters and the lines they would and would not cross.

It's interesting how prescient it is with regards to things that subsequently happened in real life - the USA v Iran relationship, Russia continuing to squeeze the US, Bot farms and fake news, President taking against everyone in politics, mad advisers coming in hell bent on war etc......you'd think it finished more recently than it did and certainly stands the test of time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Homeland..... on 08:57 - Jan 24 with 1304 viewshype313

Funnily enough, I finally got around to finishing the final season before Xmas, thought the way it wrapped up was done superbly, a lot of these shows finales leave a lot to be desired, but Homeland tied it up all nicely.

Thought a few seasons went the way of 24 as in they got a bit same old, but it's still a brilliant series and Claire Danes was superb in it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Homeland..... on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 1248 viewsitfcjoe

Homeland..... on 08:57 - Jan 24 by hype313

Funnily enough, I finally got around to finishing the final season before Xmas, thought the way it wrapped up was done superbly, a lot of these shows finales leave a lot to be desired, but Homeland tied it up all nicely.

Thought a few seasons went the way of 24 as in they got a bit same old, but it's still a brilliant series and Claire Danes was superb in it.

The last long series I got to the end of, The Americans, similarly had a good ending where the characters ongoing flaws came back to hurt them but it ended as it probably should have done rather than how you end up wanting it to do so.

Homeland..... on 12:30 - Jan 24 with 1088 viewsIllinoisblue

It was definitely must-watch Sunday night TV for a while. Really enjoyable but lost its way a bit; the bombing of the CIA HQ seemed unlikely in a post 9/11 world, likewise the secret tunnel into the U.S. embassy in India.

But still one of the best shows in recent years

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Homeland..... on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 1016 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Homeland..... on 12:30 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

It was definitely must-watch Sunday night TV for a while. Really enjoyable but lost its way a bit; the bombing of the CIA HQ seemed unlikely in a post 9/11 world, likewise the secret tunnel into the U.S. embassy in India.

Afghanistan not India, wasn't it?

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Homeland..... on 13:38 - Jan 24 with 953 viewsitfcjoe

Homeland..... on 12:30 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Just a couple of bits of middle series where they got a bit '24' like opposed to what made Homeland great - i.e. the internal battles the characters faced each day doing their job with themselves and each other.

Think like those 2 bits mentioned, Saul's relationship with Alison Carr(?) who was so blatantly a spy was pretty weak as well as was just so one sided - very different to Carrie's relationships with Brody and latterly Yevgeny.

But overall, a great underrated show that started off superbly and refound it's magic

Homeland..... on 14:34 - Jan 24 with 888 viewsblueasfook

I've been stuck on season 3 for ages. One of these days I will finish it off. Also finding season 3 of Umbrella Academy a bit rubbish. Shame cos seasons 1 and 2 were great.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Homeland..... on 14:46 - Jan 24 with 856 viewsEnigma_Blue

Homeland..... on 14:34 - Jan 24 by blueasfook

I've been stuck on season 3 for ages. One of these days I will finish it off. Also finding season 3 of Umbrella Academy a bit rubbish. Shame cos seasons 1 and 2 were great.

Save yourself the bother. It never comes close to the 'must see TV' of the first two series.
Homeland..... on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 847 viewsblueasfook

Homeland..... on 14:46 - Jan 24 by Enigma_Blue

Save yourself the bother. It never comes close to the 'must see TV' of the first two series.

Which? Homeland or Umbrella Academy?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Homeland..... on 14:57 - Jan 24 with 824 viewsEnigma_Blue

Homeland..... on 14:53 - Jan 24 by blueasfook

Which? Homeland or Umbrella Academy?

Homeland, as much as I enjoyed the Umbrella Academy I would never describe it as must see TV, I don't think anyone would.

I recently watched The Sandman, that was pretty good.
Homeland..... on 15:00 - Jan 24 with 806 viewsgiant_stow

Great show - I even liked the middle series.

Currently watching Altered Carbon: bludy rough around the edges* and a big dollop of cheese, but also some interesting ideas too.

*violent and sex-obsessed

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024