Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home 07:49 - Jun 4 with 1184 viewsKeno

At the time this felt like a huge result especially after the previous match and that we seemed to be playing against 12 men

Comments and memories welcome

[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 7:49]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 09:46 - Jun 4 with 1062 viewsTractorCam

Not only a huge result for us, that knocked the stuffing out of Pompey who were unbeaten coming into this game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:07 - Jun 4 with 1039 viewsBasuco

Pompy sh*thousing and time wasting all game, then pompy players reacting very badly to our, (fans) time wasting by not giving the ball back, brilliant to see, they didn't like the big dose of their own medicine! They basically fell apart after conceding the 3rd goal. Brilliant.
Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:10 - Jun 4 with 1035 viewsChurchman

One of the key games of the season. Portsmouth were near the top at this time and a decent side with a good following. This match showed we could beat the better teams and come back and win from being pegged back. Brilliant win. I knew from this game and the way we’d competed at Plymouth and Wednesday that we were going to go close this year.

Harness - scored some good goals for us early in the season. Do you think he can compete and play well in the Championship?
Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:20 - Jun 4 with 1018 viewsKeno

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:10 - Jun 4 by Churchman

One of the key games of the season. Portsmouth were near the top at this time and a decent side with a good following. This match showed we could beat the better teams and come back and win from being pegged back. Brilliant win. I knew from this game and the way we’d competed at Plymouth and Wednesday that we were going to go close this year.

Harness - scored some good goals for us early in the season. Do you think he can compete and play well in the Championship?

Interesting point about Harness

I'd forgotten how many goals he got early ion the season and hie key he was

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 898 viewsRegencyBlue

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:20 - Jun 4 by Keno

Interesting point about Harness

I'd forgotten how many goals he got early ion the season and hie key he was

Harness was one of our better players until the injury in the Pizza cup.

Not the same player when he came back from it.
Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 828 viewsSE1blue

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 10:10 - Jun 4 by Churchman

I think Harness will need to add a lot more to his game to be an asset in the Championship.

Goals aside, there are areas of his game that really need tightening up, if he is to feature in future. His loose control when receiving the ball and his ability to give away needless fouls have to be eradicated as this league is a step above and he got away with a lot in League One due to opposition quality.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Town in 5 Game 11 Portsmouth at home on 13:03 - Jun 4 with 814 viewsburnbudgiesburn

One of many times Kyle Edwards was a bit of unsung hero this season. Often coming on and producing a bit of magic or a decent cross and offering something different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024