Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longer Added On Time This Season 18:54 - Jul 28 with 1076 viewsKentish_Tractor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66335147

Was our achilles heel not holding on to games and conceeding in extra time first half of last season. Hope we've ironed that out completely for this one.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 19:08]

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:06 - Jul 28 with 1007 viewsGarv

As usual football takes too long to implement clearly required changes, but good to see.

If anything I can see it counting in our favour with our attacking options off the bench and ability to keep pressure on teams.

Wouldn't worry too much about the first half of last season, we were a different beast from Jan/Feb onwards.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:11 - Jul 28 with 991 viewsKentish_Tractor

"A yellow card will be shown to anyone delaying the restart of play or not retreating the necessary distance at a free-kick."

Will also be interesting to see how strictly referees implement this. The number of times you see players preventing a quick free quick by running towards the ball and blocking it rather than backing off the 10 yards and it never gets punished.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:18 - Jul 28 with 960 viewsN2_Blue

Surprised you seem to make a negative out of this.

I’m delighted. It should help make the game more watchable and actually have more playing time and less sh*thousery from teams looking to kill and waste time.

The nominal time thing was wierd. Adding 30 secs for a substitution for instance. A side chasing the game do a sub in about 10 seconds and a side trying to see out the game can make it last over a minute.

Hope they implement this properly as games may have a better flow to them if teams know it’s pointless wasting time.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:22 - Jul 28 with 926 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not in favour of longer added on time. The World Cup was farcical with double figure additions common. I am in favour of the supposed crackdown on time wasting though - the tougher the penalties for obvious time wasting the better imo. They could make changes that make it counterproductive to time waste (e.g. a team can restart straight after a goal even if the scoring side hasn’t got back in their own half - that’d soon speed them up!). An extreme example, but you get my point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:32 - Jul 28 with 889 viewsGarv

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:22 - Jul 28 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not in favour of longer added on time. The World Cup was farcical with double figure additions common. I am in favour of the supposed crackdown on time wasting though - the tougher the penalties for obvious time wasting the better imo. They could make changes that make it counterproductive to time waste (e.g. a team can restart straight after a goal even if the scoring side hasn’t got back in their own half - that’d soon speed them up!). An extreme example, but you get my point.

Adding on more stoppage time is much easier than cracking down on time wasting, otherwise you'd be sending off a goalkeeper every game for taking time over goal kicks.

If enough time is added players will soon realise that wasting time is stupid, and if they don't waste time then not too much time will be added on, so it just depends on how good officials are at calculating the time lost.

As a paying punter why wouldn't you want more playing time?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 19:33]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:39 - Jul 28 with 850 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe this will finally be the season we see a goalkeeper sent off for time wasting.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:52 - Jul 28 with 814 viewsZx1988

Is this not just a variation on the messaging that we get from the EFL at the start of most seasons?

Sounds good, but I'll wait until I see it in practice before I pass judgement.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:55 - Jul 28 with 796 viewsMattinLondon

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:52 - Jul 28 by Zx1988

Is this not just a variation on the messaging that we get from the EFL at the start of most seasons?

Sounds good, but I'll wait until I see it in practice before I pass judgement.

The first couple of matches sees a flurry of yellow and red cards but then it all quietens down and reverts to normality.
Login to get fewer ads

Longer Added On Time This Season on 19:59 - Jul 28 with 786 viewsbuoyant

Some of us have got trains to catch!

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024