Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis Afterburners 19:52 - Aug 15 with 1787 viewsNutkins_Return

I've noticed on the first two games that Leif seems to have developed Afterburners. He looks our fastest player (maybe after Jackson) this season.

I doubt of course he's particularly got faster bit I think this is something we'll see more now we are in the champ. Seems he can see more space in behind as teams don't sit back like in L1 against us.

What a player.
Leif Davis Afterburners on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 1717 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Something very noticeable in the Stoke game that - the space in behind down the flanks.

I think that's why i'm grateful to be out of L1, every pass.. every goal.. every defensive block means something. A lot of L1 games resembled a training session like it was set up to see if you could break a low block down.

Even out of possession, we looked so dangerous on the break.
Leif Davis Afterburners on 06:33 - Aug 16 with 1163 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It wasn't just Leif though. Yes he was superb on Saturday and what an engine he has, but we just looked fitter and faster all over the pitch. The pre-season and motivation to improve in the squad has been really noticeable - the team we are now watching has moved it up a notch from what we saw last season. No mean feat.

Poll: would you rather

Leif Davis Afterburners on 06:50 - Aug 16 with 1107 viewswkj

Leif Davis Afterburners on 06:33 - Aug 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

It wasn't just Leif though. Yes he was superb on Saturday and what an engine he has, but we just looked fitter and faster all over the pitch. The pre-season and motivation to improve in the squad has been really noticeable - the team we are now watching has moved it up a notch from what we saw last season. No mean feat.

The new playing surface may also have an impact as well

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Leif Davis Afterburners on 07:51 - Aug 16 with 903 viewsHorsham

Leif Davis Afterburners on 06:50 - Aug 16 by wkj

The new playing surface may also have an impact as well

That’s an interesting point, from a commercial view the pitch becomes self funding if it helps our players become better and we raise higher transfer fees.
Leif Davis Afterburners on 08:48 - Aug 16 with 752 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Leif Davis Afterburners on 19:59 - Aug 15 by burnbudgiesburn

Something very noticeable in the Stoke game that - the space in behind down the flanks.

I think that's why i'm grateful to be out of L1, every pass.. every goal.. every defensive block means something. A lot of L1 games resembled a training session like it was set up to see if you could break a low block down.

Even out of possession, we looked so dangerous on the break.

A word of caution:

We have played two of the better rated Championship teams. Whilst it is great that we have beaten them, when it comes to playing the teams who are struggling there will be plenty of low blocks to contend against. With bigger, stronger, and more disciplined players than in League One.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024