Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Disproportionate force" 19:24 - Dec 16 with 1287 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's literally a stated policy and doctrine.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine#:~:text=The%20Dahiya%20doctrine%

The Dahiya doctrine, or Dahya doctrine,[1] is a military strategy of asymmetric warfare, outlined by former Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Chief of General Staff Gadi Eizenkot, which encompasses the destruction of the civilian infrastructure of regimes deemed to be hostile as a measure calculated to pressure combatants,[2] and endorses the employment of "disproportionate force" (compared to the amount of force used by the enemy[3][4]) to secure that end.[5]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

"Disproportionate force" on 19:49 - Dec 16 with 1209 viewsredrickstuhaart

The latest hostage deaths sum it up perfectly.

They were accidentally shot because they were dressed as civilians with a white flag.
"Disproportionate force" on 19:52 - Dec 16 with 1193 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Welcome back to the General Thread, Banksy. I expect you found your silence tough at times.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Disproportionate force" on 19:57 - Dec 16 with 1149 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Disproportionate force" on 19:52 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Welcome back to the General Thread, Banksy. I expect you found your silence tough at times.

Strangely enough it was the non political stuff that nearly caught me out!

"Disproportionate force" on 20:15 - Dec 16 with 1083 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Disproportionate force" on 19:49 - Dec 16 by redrickstuhaart

They were accidentally shot because they were dressed as civilians with a white flag.

It's almost like the IDF have dehumanised 'the enemy' to such an extent that they will just execute anything that moves.

"Disproportionate force" on 22:57 - Dec 16 with 956 viewsPinewoodblue

"Disproportionate force" on 20:15 - Dec 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's almost like the IDF have dehumanised 'the enemy' to such an extent that they will just execute anything that moves.

Do you recall IDF taking any prisoners in Gaza?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"Disproportionate force" on 07:58 - Dec 17 with 816 viewsLeoMuff

"Disproportionate force" on 19:49 - Dec 16 by redrickstuhaart

Was exactly my thoughts, how can you claim you are targeting Hamas when you are indiscriminately shooting at people ?

Meanwhile support for Hamas has tripled in the West Bank as a result of this massacre, just need a ceasefire now and some constructive dialogue -unlikely I know.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

"Disproportionate force" on 08:41 - Dec 17 with 762 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

'With Israeli forces nearby, Moran said on X that her family has reported white phosphorus and gunfire in the compound, and on Saturday, the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem said two women were shot and killed while walking to a building in the complex known as the Sister’s Convent. Seven others were shot and wounded trying to protect others in the compound, the patriarchate said in a statement.
“No warning was given, no notification was provided,” the patriarchate said. “They were shot in cold blood inside the premises of the parish, where there are no belligerents.”

'Earlier this week, Moran’s family told her that two men – a bin collector and a janitor – were shot and killed outside the church, their bodies left uncollected. Moran told the BBC that those in the church have received no explanation as to why Israeli forces are targeting their complex.'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/16/mp-layla-morans-family-trapped-ins

"Disproportionate force" on 08:44 - Dec 17 with 749 viewsDJR

Welcome back!

I came across this doctrine a few weeks ago, which appeared to chime with the respective casualty figures over the years which made me say early on that we could be looking at over 25,000 civilian deaths in Gaza.

As it is, I believe we may already have reached that figure with an estimated 7,000 or so buried under buildings, and casualty figures (based on those reaching hospitals or hospital morgues) no longer truly indicative.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 9:02]
Login to get fewer ads

"Disproportionate force" on 09:01 - Dec 17 with 716 viewsDJR

More evidence of disproportionate force, at the church where some of Layla Moran's family have taken refuge.

https://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/18050/heartbreak-over-holy-family-church-and-ho
"Disproportionate force" on 09:03 - Dec 17 with 703 viewsArnoldMoorhen

"Disproportionate force" on 07:58 - Dec 17 by LeoMuff

Was exactly my thoughts, how can you claim you are targeting Hamas when you are indiscriminately shooting at people ?

Meanwhile support for Hamas has tripled in the West Bank as a result of this massacre, just need a ceasefire now and some constructive dialogue -unlikely I know.

How do you create constructive dialogue between, on the one side, a group who throw hand grenades into children's bedrooms, and on the other a group who use armoured bulldozers to run over tents with refugees in, in hospital grounds?

https://www.newarab.com/news/israel-bulldozes-gaza-refugee-tents-buries-alive-do

Current estimates of deaths in Gaza are 19,000+.

Layla Moran talks about relatives sheltering with other Christians in a church under siege, who have no more water left:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/16/mp-layla-morans-family-trapped-ins

“I’m now no longer sure they are going to survive until Christmas,” Moran told the BBC.

Our Government abstained on a UN Security Council vote calling for a ceasefire, so et's all just wait and watch that happen over the next week.
"Disproportionate force" on 09:30 - Dec 17 with 653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Disproportionate force" on 08:44 - Dec 17 by DJR

Welcome back!

I came across this doctrine a few weeks ago, which appeared to chime with the respective casualty figures over the years which made me say early on that we could be looking at over 25,000 civilian deaths in Gaza.

As it is, I believe we may already have reached that figure with an estimated 7,000 or so buried under buildings, and casualty figures (based on those reaching hospitals or hospital morgues) no longer truly indicative.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 9:02]

Thanks, I only read about it because the man responsible, who is now part of the government, recently lost his son in the conflict.

"Disproportionate force" on 09:54 - Dec 17 with 610 viewsNthQldITFC

I, like many others I'm sure, find myself starting to look away from this now. The cycle of atrocities from both sides, the hopelessness, the inevitable manipulative propaganda, the excuses, the weak and shameful justifications, the ongoing murder and repression, the hideously slow international response to transparent ethnic cleansing - they all add up to an unbearable pressure of despair at the human race, its shortcomings, its lowest common denominator politics and idiotic self-interest, the doomed status quo.

It's exactly the same as the environmental destruction of our home and our children's futures in pursuit of short term gains - we eventually just switch off and let this evil happen. Failed international order. Failed species.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

"Disproportionate force" on 10:00 - Dec 17 with 589 viewsLeoMuff

"Disproportionate force" on 09:54 - Dec 17 by NthQldITFC

I, like many others I'm sure, find myself starting to look away from this now. The cycle of atrocities from both sides, the hopelessness, the inevitable manipulative propaganda, the excuses, the weak and shameful justifications, the ongoing murder and repression, the hideously slow international response to transparent ethnic cleansing - they all add up to an unbearable pressure of despair at the human race, its shortcomings, its lowest common denominator politics and idiotic self-interest, the doomed status quo.

It's exactly the same as the environmental destruction of our home and our children's futures in pursuit of short term gains - we eventually just switch off and let this evil happen. Failed international order. Failed species.

Yep not even trying to hide it now, pretty obvious really that if you bomb half a country to rubble, cut off all aid, food and water and deliberately target the sick, women and children support for armed resistance will rapidly rise in the other half of the country.

The peace cause has been put back decades by the last few months and while Hamas, Netanyahu are in power chances are zero.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024