Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Chandler 12:22 - Dec 30 with 1999 viewsMiaow

Saw him mentioned on another thread. Is there any chance of him ever returning? I’d love it if he did.

I have spotted him a few times at games over the last season or two and I’m pleased that he’s getting to enjoy watching us as a supporter from the stands. It’s just a shame that he is no longer on the mic when we are now having our best spell in around 20 years.

He was the only voice I had ever known doing the PA work on matchdays so it was quite odd when he wasn’t there from 2021 onwards when we all returned to Portman Road. He was something of a constant over the years and was very good at what he did, with a good voice for the job.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Rob Chandler on 12:28 - Dec 30 with 1952 viewsBasuco

No, he is enjoying his time back as a season ticket holding fan, Dave Vant should be next in line, IMO, pop into fanzone to see him in action before a game.
Rob Chandler on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1916 views66notout

Rob Chandler on 12:28 - Dec 30 by Basuco

No, he is enjoying his time back as a season ticket holding fan, Dave Vant should be next in line, IMO, pop into fanzone to see him in action before a game.

But if Dave takes over there will be a vacancy in the FanZone. Anyone on here likely to apply?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:34]
Rob Chandler on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1812 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Rob Chandler on 12:33 - Dec 30 by 66notout

But if Dave takes over there will be a vacancy in the FanZone. Anyone on here likely to apply?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:34]

I'm sure there are a few on here who feel that they could "do a job" in that regard.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Rob Chandler on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 1762 viewslongtimefan

Rob was a year or two above me at school so he’s now at or approaching mid 60s. Let the bloke enjoy match days now rather than having to work
Rob Chandler on 14:18 - Dec 30 with 1551 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He was so good that I think we should give him what he wants to get him back in, it’d improve the match day presentation ten fold and the atmosphere with it. We have had two lovable grandfathers and Dave Vant is far too hyperactive. We need Rob Chandler back.
Rob Chandler on 16:50 - Dec 30 with 1302 viewsstonojnr

Rob Chandler on 14:18 - Dec 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He was so good that I think we should give him what he wants to get him back in, it’d improve the match day presentation ten fold and the atmosphere with it. We have had two lovable grandfathers and Dave Vant is far too hyperactive. We need Rob Chandler back.

I like Dave Vant, he's gone from Red10 style presentation, if you know you know, to getting nearer to baseball level of announcing. Which amuses me, though he is rubbish at interviews.

I liked Rob alot, though there was a period of local radio presenter cheesiness to it at times, but I'm happier, he is happier being a fan again.
Rob Chandler on 20:09 - Dec 30 with 1084 viewsBlue_badge

"Saw him mentioned on another thread" - I read that and thought you were suggesting him as a Hirst replacement....mind you, some other suggestions have been nearly as weird.
Rob Chandler on 21:26 - Dec 30 with 948 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is he the bloke in the long coat who struts around like a Canary Wharf banker on his lunch break?

Butlins Redcoat material. Right on!

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Chandler on 01:30 - Dec 31 with 726 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Rob Chandler on 21:26 - Dec 30 by BLUEBEAT

Is he the bloke in the long coat who struts around like a Canary Wharf banker on his lunch break?

Butlins Redcoat material. Right on!

His dad owned and ran Saffron Walden’s team and Dave Vant had previously done the match day job at Cambridge, very wealthy family who run inexpress the business.

I would prefer we paid out to get Chandler back, but specifically if we’re promoted. We need our presentation to match the level, not a groovy grandad or over excited Butlins, we need better. Just my view. Pay Chandler what he wants!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024