| Just in 20:53 - Oct 10 with 1116 views | Cheltenham_Blue | Quick thoughts before I order a Chinese and have a beer. Great run down, A14 was an easy drive for a change 3hours from my drive to West End Road. Stewards in the North Stand seemed better prepared this time, search tables, and wands were all ready to go before the turnstiles opened. But did notice that the family zone was quieter than for Sunderland and queues for the turnstiles were markedly shorter early on. I'm really not sure where everyone was, when I parked up it was noticeably cold, so maybe people elected to stay in a bit longer. Thought the first half felt a little flat from both sides, with really limited numbers of chances on both sides. I thought that Maeda and Enciso were our best players in the first half, Ouattara kept being left to manage two players, which seemed a bit hard on him Second half, I though the Fulham goal came out of nowhere, but it absolutely silenced the crowd, in what was already a bit of a flat atmosphere, which made it more difficult for Town I thought. Turning point was Palacios coming on for Luis, and Clarke coming on for Philogene, they both made a huge difference, as did the physicality of Chuba later on. Thought the foul on Maeda was a stonewall pen and that the persistent fouling of Emersonn would eventually end up in a sending off. Once we got the equaliser, I always felt we would go on to win (even if, literally saved by Walton at the end. Also felt that the fans sucked Dara's into the net, once they had woken up a bit Disappointing, and surprising bit was the level of sh!t being thrown at Maeda and Ouattara by a few people around me, in the first half, of Maeda someone said, "He hasn't got a fuking clue, has he?", and noted that Ouattara, "Hasn't really done anything all game". The individuals were very much in the, "I could have gone pro and then into management if people had given me a chance", type mould Great day. [Post edited 10 Oct 21:09]
|  |
| |  |
| Just in on 21:15 - Oct 10 with 971 views | tonybied | I haven't seen the Maeda pen incident back, so I'm unsure if there was a covering defender, but my thought was at the time that if it was judged that the challenge was committed outside the area (which is why I believe VAR didn't do anything) then was it not a DOGSO? Surely Maedas next action would've been to get a shot away on goal without that tackle? |  | |  |
| Just in on 21:18 - Oct 10 with 938 views | Dennyx4 |
| Just in on 21:15 - Oct 10 by tonybied | I haven't seen the Maeda pen incident back, so I'm unsure if there was a covering defender, but my thought was at the time that if it was judged that the challenge was committed outside the area (which is why I believe VAR didn't do anything) then was it not a DOGSO? Surely Maedas next action would've been to get a shot away on goal without that tackle? |
Thought he was too wide for it to be considered a DOGSO. It looked a definite penalty, from my view in upper North. |  | |  |
| Just in on 21:19 - Oct 10 with 923 views | benrhyddingblue | Got back to Ilkley at a similar time; sort of nice to know in a weird kind of way that I’m not the only one driving 3hrs+ each way to a home game. As for those people mentioned in your last para. It never ceases to amaze me how clueless some people are. |  | |  |
| Just in on 21:22 - Oct 10 with 898 views | lazyblue | North Stand moaning and not getting behind the team seems a normal occurrence the last few years. Seriously what is wrong with that stand these days? |  | |  |
| Just in on 21:26 - Oct 10 with 865 views | ParisBlue |
| Just in on 21:22 - Oct 10 by lazyblue | North Stand moaning and not getting behind the team seems a normal occurrence the last few years. Seriously what is wrong with that stand these days? |
An aging population |  |
|  |
| Just in on 21:38 - Oct 10 with 785 views | BelsteadCav | It was hard for him in the first half because he was always up against the over lap, because Maeda was playing inside and not out wide. But when Fulham went defensive he came into his own |  |
|  |
| Just in on 22:10 - Oct 10 with 681 views | BelsteadCav |
| Just in on 21:26 - Oct 10 by ParisBlue | An aging population |
All the people moaning around me were under 30 Spoilt brats comes to mind |  |
|  |
| Just in on 22:19 - Oct 10 with 647 views | benrhyddingblue |
| Just in on 21:26 - Oct 10 by ParisBlue | An aging population |
A lazy, ageist comment. I’m 60 in a couple of months and both people next to me today are older - there was nothing but positive support, as ever, from us. And your age is? |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Just in on 22:31 - Oct 10 with 579 views | surreyblue |
| Just in on 21:38 - Oct 10 by BelsteadCav | It was hard for him in the first half because he was always up against the over lap, because Maeda was playing inside and not out wide. But when Fulham went defensive he came into his own |
Maeda was tracking Iwobi wherever he went, which left Ouatarra with Sessegnon. The trouble them came when Bassey stepped out of central defence, and there didn't seem to be a plan to deal with that. |  | |  |
| Just in on 22:58 - Oct 10 with 454 views | SuperKieranMcKenna | TLDR. But on the basis you said great day 👍 |  | |  |
| Just in on 23:01 - Oct 10 with 437 views | armchaircritic59 |
| Just in on 21:15 - Oct 10 by tonybied | I haven't seen the Maeda pen incident back, so I'm unsure if there was a covering defender, but my thought was at the time that if it was judged that the challenge was committed outside the area (which is why I believe VAR didn't do anything) then was it not a DOGSO? Surely Maedas next action would've been to get a shot away on goal without that tackle? |
Seen close ups. There was a minor offence on Maeda before the penalty area but he was tripped inside it, covering defender is irrelevant. Definite penalty but fortunately didn't matter. |  | |  |
| Just in on 00:30 - Oct 11 with 352 views | tonybied |
| Just in on 21:18 - Oct 10 by Dennyx4 | Thought he was too wide for it to be considered a DOGSO. It looked a definite penalty, from my view in upper North. |
Watched MOTD, and it was too wide, and there were plenty of covering defenders, definitely not a DOGSO. 100% looked a pen though. I'm baffled as to why VAR didn't refer the ref to take a look at it! |  | |  |
| |