Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 game ban for Mings 16:32 - Mar 8 with 4354 viewsitfcjoe

Ridiculous really as no real way of knowing the intent in that.

But the FA just kowtow to likes of Rooney and Man U who come out to deflect away from Zlatan's which was clearly deliberate.

It looked naughty from Mings, but how that can be 5 games and deemed definitely deliberate is beyond me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

5 game ban for Mings on 16:37 - Mar 8 with 2831 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think the general consensus from those who have played or managed in the game was it was very very naughty.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

5 game ban for Mings on 16:38 - Mar 8 with 2813 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Is it more than 3 because he didn’t immediately accept it?

Daft move not to accept because the FA were never going to find in his favour for the reasons you noted.
5 game ban for Mings on 16:40 - Mar 8 with 2802 viewsRadlett_blue

Only Mings really knows how deliberate his action was. The FA tend to judge this by deciding "if it was a team mate, would you have avoided him". Hard to see what else they can do in the circumstances. Understandably, stamping on someone's head is seen as a pretty serious offence.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

5 game ban for Mings on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 2798 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I feel this is very harsh, IMHO this clash was unintentional and Mings should not have received any ban.
5 game ban for Mings on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 2786 viewsstrikalite

Imo deliberate, the little look as he set off to leap over him for me was guilty and if it wasn't meant then surely you would turn in shock having felt the sole of your boot on an opposing players head and put your hand up to apologize or something, no?
5 game ban for Mings on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 2785 viewsSWGF

5 game ban for Mings on 16:38 - Mar 8 by PrideOfTheEast

Is it more than 3 because he didn’t immediately accept it?

Daft move not to accept because the FA were never going to find in his favour for the reasons you noted.

No. The FA said in their initial report that the ban would be more than 3 matches.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

5 game ban for Mings on 16:43 - Mar 8 with 2763 viewsSWGF

5 game ban for Mings on 16:40 - Mar 8 by Radlett_blue

Only Mings really knows how deliberate his action was. The FA tend to judge this by deciding "if it was a team mate, would you have avoided him". Hard to see what else they can do in the circumstances. Understandably, stamping on someone's head is seen as a pretty serious offence.

I can't believe that had he DESPERATELY wanted to avoid his head, he couldn't have.

Having been thrown to the floor by ZI earlier on, he probably didn't try too hard to find an alternative route.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

5 game ban for Mings on 16:44 - Mar 8 with 2744 viewsBenters

w@nkers

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

5 game ban for Mings on 16:48 - Mar 8 with 2718 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5 game ban for Mings on 16:41 - Mar 8 by strikalite

Imo deliberate, the little look as he set off to leap over him for me was guilty and if it wasn't meant then surely you would turn in shock having felt the sole of your boot on an opposing players head and put your hand up to apologize or something, no?

Agree with you

Absolutely believe it was deliberate

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

5 game ban for Mings on 16:52 - Mar 8 with 2676 viewsIllinoisblue

5 games is OTT. Still, more time to design kitchens or whatever it is he promotes on twitter.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

5 game ban for Mings on 17:02 - Mar 8 with 2623 viewsYaffle

I've watched the footage more than a few times and I don't believe it was intentional by Mings. I think he looked to ZI briefly and then his focus was on the movement of the ball and the direction of play, which he followed, attempting to leap over him as he went.

I think the zoomed camera angle removes the context of the flow/direction of the play which doesn't help.

ZI by contrast, was a deliberate assault which if it occurred outside a nightclub would be ABH at least.
5 game ban for Mings on 17:06 - Mar 8 with 2597 viewsGeoffSentence

5 game ban for Mings on 16:43 - Mar 8 by SWGF

I can't believe that had he DESPERATELY wanted to avoid his head, he couldn't have.

Having been thrown to the floor by ZI earlier on, he probably didn't try too hard to find an alternative route.

Anyone who has kids and dogs will know just how easy it is to stumble when trying to clear a mass of moving bodies on the floor.

The times I have trodden on a child or dog because one of them has moved when I have been stepping over them.

Rooney didn't just move, he made contact with Mings as he was rising and Mings was jumping, it is no wonder to me that Mings made contact with Zlatan.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

5 game ban for Mings on 17:12 - Mar 8 with 2560 viewsSWGF

5 game ban for Mings on 17:06 - Mar 8 by GeoffSentence

Anyone who has kids and dogs will know just how easy it is to stumble when trying to clear a mass of moving bodies on the floor.

The times I have trodden on a child or dog because one of them has moved when I have been stepping over them.

Rooney didn't just move, he made contact with Mings as he was rising and Mings was jumping, it is no wonder to me that Mings made contact with Zlatan.

I've got kids. I haven't trodden on their heads yet. If they were on the floor and I wanted to avoid them, I reckon I could (and I'm a cumbersome old idiot, not a lithe, athletic sportsman).

5 game ban for Mings on 17:18 - Mar 8 with 2531 viewsRadlett_blue

5 game ban for Mings on 17:02 - Mar 8 by Yaffle

I've watched the footage more than a few times and I don't believe it was intentional by Mings. I think he looked to ZI briefly and then his focus was on the movement of the ball and the direction of play, which he followed, attempting to leap over him as he went.

I think the zoomed camera angle removes the context of the flow/direction of the play which doesn't help.

ZI by contrast, was a deliberate assault which if it occurred outside a nightclub would be ABH at least.

I guess there should be a certain amount of mitigation given that the person he elbowed was someone who had stamped on his head 30 seconds before?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

5 game ban for Mings on 17:43 - Mar 8 with 2450 viewsClausThomsen

5 game ban for Mings on 16:43 - Mar 8 by SWGF

He's just tackled Rooney, he's in the midst of defending - no way is he aiming his studs on a players head. I can't remember any player being accused of stamping on a player's head deliberately.

What a ridiculous ban. And Zlatan only gets 3.

The FA are a bunch of clowns.
5 game ban for Mings on 17:49 - Mar 8 with 2410 viewsClausThomsen

5 game ban for Mings on 17:12 - Mar 8 by SWGF

I've got kids. I haven't trodden on their heads yet. If they were on the floor and I wanted to avoid them, I reckon I could (and I'm a cumbersome old idiot, not a lithe, athletic sportsman).

But you're not defending a dangerous passage of play against Man United with your kids.

He stood on his ridiculous ponyball thing, by accident.
5 game ban for Mings on 17:50 - Mar 8 with 2394 viewsClausThomsen

Absolutely right, down-arrowed in error.
5 game ban for Mings on 17:59 - Mar 8 with 2371 viewsVaughan8

I was listening to talk sport the other day and some expert person said "intent" doesn't come into it.
5 game ban for Mings on 18:07 - Mar 8 with 2350 viewssparks

5 game ban for Mings on 17:59 - Mar 8 by Vaughan8

I was listening to talk sport the other day and some expert person said "intent" doesn't come into it.

If it were the other way round, one suspect the result would also have been reversed. A Man Utd player wouldnt have got 5 matches for that- theyd have given him the benefit of the doubt.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

5 game ban for Mings on 18:11 - Mar 8 with 2330 viewsmonty_radio

5 game ban for Mings on 16:37 - Mar 8 by GlasgowBlue

I think the general consensus from those who have played or managed in the game was it was very very naughty.

Though Danny Murphy, having watched it over, said he thought it wasn't deliberate.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

5 game ban for Mings on 18:24 - Mar 8 with 2289 viewsbournemouthblue

The angle repeated on the TV makes it look bad

The angle more inline with Mings run shows the foot going along the side of his head and not on the top as it appears from the other angle

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

5 game ban for Mings on 18:33 - Mar 8 with 2254 viewsstrikalite

5 game ban for Mings on 18:24 - Mar 8 by bournemouthblue

The angle repeated on the TV makes it look bad

The angle more inline with Mings run shows the foot going along the side of his head and not on the top as it appears from the other angle

Did you see the crafty little slide down Mings leg by Ibra before he went to ground which lead to Mings getting up stepping on Ibra?
5 game ban for Mings on 18:37 - Mar 8 with 2235 viewsoldbluestu

3 game ban if he was white I bet
5 game ban for Mings on 19:11 - Mar 8 with 2171 viewsyorkshireblue

No idea how true it is, but a discussion on the radio said that the only law which states 'intent' is handball. Anything else is judged on the action itself.

So by the letter of the law, it doesn't matter if he meant to do it or not.
5 game ban for Mings on 19:23 - Mar 8 with 2129 viewsSuffolktractor

5 game ban for Mings on 18:33 - Mar 8 by strikalite

Did you see the crafty little slide down Mings leg by Ibra before he went to ground which lead to Mings getting up stepping on Ibra?

Yes I saw that, so should the FA add another 3 matches to ZI 's ban? Oh no, silly me, he plays for one of the beautiful big clubs. Mings fault for getting in the way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024