Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So itfcjoe... 23:54 - Jun 23 with 21864 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What did PC say to Dobra that's so bad that he will definitely leave?

Dobra did actually say he wanted to come back and fight for a first team place. I'm assuming he said that after PC said whatever it was to him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So itfcjoe... on 23:58 - Jun 23 with 8316 viewsCoastalblue

Why on earth would he repeat that on here? Believe or don't believe, the choice is yours.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So itfcjoe... on 00:01 - Jun 24 with 8280 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So itfcjoe... on 23:58 - Jun 23 by Coastalblue

Why on earth would he repeat that on here? Believe or don't believe, the choice is yours.

Always worth asking

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So itfcjoe... on 00:18 - Jun 24 with 8179 viewsjeera

So itfcjoe... on 00:01 - Jun 24 by OriginalMarkyP

Always worth asking

You think it's appropriate?

Christ.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So itfcjoe... on 00:51 - Jun 24 with 8099 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Give it a rest.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So itfcjoe... on 08:14 - Jun 24 with 7313 viewsKeaneish

Dobra is a weird one. Out of all those 'first teamers' listed for the under 23s, Dobra's exclusion I understand the least. Lankester and Kenlock are understandable given they've never really hit the heights expected. Downes seemingly has wanted out for a while and Bishop has been going backwards fro a while but Dobra looked good toward the end of last season and has reiterated his commitment to the club.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So itfcjoe... on 08:34 - Jun 24 with 7108 viewsGuthrum

So itfcjoe... on 08:14 - Jun 24 by Keaneish

Dobra is a weird one. Out of all those 'first teamers' listed for the under 23s, Dobra's exclusion I understand the least. Lankester and Kenlock are understandable given they've never really hit the heights expected. Downes seemingly has wanted out for a while and Bishop has been going backwards fro a while but Dobra looked good toward the end of last season and has reiterated his commitment to the club.

Tho given Dobra's age (only just 20) and level of experience, he is, in reality, easily classifiable as an U23 breaking through into the Senior team, rather than an established member of the latter.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So itfcjoe... on 08:34 - Jun 24 with 7123 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve said previously, but basically told home in no uncertain terms he won’t play again and won’t be welcome back - contractually you can’t just do that so guess that is why he is training with 23s as no other option in bomb squad

As Keanish said, it makes little sense on the face of it, especially when only 11 players in first team training - if we had 20+ first teamers and he was put back there it would be difficult to understand after last season….but with 11?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So itfcjoe... on 08:36 - Jun 24 with 7098 viewsPhilTWTD

For what it's worth, I think Dobra will be one of those that stays. He wants to, as he's said, and I think in his case the encouragement to move on this summer was aimed at motivating him. From what I gather he is one that's rated.
Login to get fewer ads

So itfcjoe... on 08:37 - Jun 24 with 7078 viewstractorboy1978

So itfcjoe... on 08:34 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I’ve said previously, but basically told home in no uncertain terms he won’t play again and won’t be welcome back - contractually you can’t just do that so guess that is why he is training with 23s as no other option in bomb squad

As Keanish said, it makes little sense on the face of it, especially when only 11 players in first team training - if we had 20+ first teamers and he was put back there it would be difficult to understand after last season….but with 11?

It's particularly strange considering he was just about the only slight bright spark towards the end of last season.
So itfcjoe... on 08:41 - Jun 24 with 7022 viewsitfcjoe

So itfcjoe... on 08:36 - Jun 24 by PhilTWTD

For what it's worth, I think Dobra will be one of those that stays. He wants to, as he's said, and I think in his case the encouragement to move on this summer was aimed at motivating him. From what I gather he is one that's rated.

Wonder what changed on that one? As he was one with one of strongest message and it seemed pretty final

If it is the case he stays imagine it will be all down to Dyer who likes him

So itfcjoe... on 08:44 - Jun 24 with 6953 viewsParisBlue

I certainly hope so.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

So itfcjoe... on 08:45 - Jun 24 with 6939 viewsportmanking

So itfcjoe... on 08:41 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Wonder what changed on that one? As he was one with one of strongest message and it seemed pretty final

Why will it be all down to Dyer if Dobra stays?

PC is his own man and clearly calls the shots...
So itfcjoe... on 08:46 - Jun 24 with 6926 viewsitfcjoe

So itfcjoe... on 08:45 - Jun 24 by portmanking

Because Dyer has a lot of say and Cook trusts and respects his views

So itfcjoe... on 08:49 - Jun 24 with 6863 viewsPinewoodblue

Is there a chance this is, in part, about motivation.

The door remains open prove yourself. If anyone can help them do that it is KD and it does seem PC respects his opinion.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So itfcjoe... on 08:52 - Jun 24 with 6818 viewsGuthrum

If the transfer window is perhaps not going entirely to plan, Cook may have been persuaded he needs Dobra, even if he doesn't really want him?

So itfcjoe... on 08:52 - Jun 24 with 6833 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure it's changed and don't know precisely what was said but it's always been suggested to me he's one PC likes.
So itfcjoe... on 08:52 - Jun 24 with 6813 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So itfcjoe... on 08:45 - Jun 24 by portmanking

A good manager will listen to his staff, and wont be afraid to take their views on board if values their opinion.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So itfcjoe... on 08:53 - Jun 24 with 6798 viewsgtsb1966

You would hate it to be down to Cook wouldn't you
So itfcjoe... on 08:54 - Jun 24 with 6771 viewsPhilTWTD

Of course, they could receive an offer they see as acceptable for him but I don't think they're in a huge hurry to offload him as is obviously the case with some others.
So itfcjoe... on 08:57 - Jun 24 with 6679 viewsportmanking

So itfcjoe... on 08:52 - Jun 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

A good manager will listen to his staff, and wont be afraid to take their views on board if values their opinion.

Of course, but to suggest it will 'all be down to Dyer' means that Cook is happy to sit back and let others call the shots. I don't think that's remotely the case given how many people he's decided to let go.

If Phil has heard that Cook is more enamoured with Dobra than some believe, I'm inclined to trust that.
So itfcjoe... on 08:59 - Jun 24 with 6651 viewsitfcjoe

So itfcjoe... on 08:57 - Jun 24 by portmanking

Of course, but to suggest it will 'all be down to Dyer' means that Cook is happy to sit back and let others call the shots. I don't think that's remotely the case given how many people he's decided to let go.

If Phil has heard that Cook is more enamoured with Dobra than some believe, I'm inclined to trust that.

Of course it doesn’t mean that, Cook is the one making the decisions - just that if he has had his mind changed I think after being a keen supporter of AD is likely to be the route for that conversation to have begun

So itfcjoe... on 09:02 - Jun 24 with 6592 viewsMullet

A very odd way to man manage him on the face of it though. He’s the one who has the most talent vs resale value or injuries out of the bomb squad list. It makes the least sense to me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So itfcjoe... on 09:02 - Jun 24 with 6582 viewsfranz_tyson

If it’s true that Dobra has been singled out with the harshest words from Cook, then why is that? He’s not an influential senior player and more of a squad player. Why would Cook deliver such harsh treatment to a 20 year old? And he’s certainly got some desire that you’d think Cook would appreciate.
Has Dobra shown or given the impression that he’s got a bad attitude or someone who could be a disruptive influence? Doesn’t add up he’s been singled out.
So itfcjoe... on 09:03 - Jun 24 with 6565 viewsGuthrum

So itfcjoe... on 08:59 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Of course it doesn’t mean that, Cook is the one making the decisions - just that if he has had his mind changed I think after being a keen supporter of AD is likely to be the route for that conversation to have begun

A good manager (in any field) will be open to changing their mind if advised by trusted, expert subordinates.

So itfcjoe... on 09:09 - Jun 24 with 6459 viewsN2_Blue

So itfcjoe... on 08:34 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Too many Chinese whispers going on for my liking.

Think a lot of what is actually said is having its context lost or not repeated 100% accurately.

Appreciate people like to share what they hear but when things don't really stack up you have to question it, sorry.

Its obvious that soft touch Ipswich has gone and players are being told to show their worth it they want to stay. You want to be part of Ipswich's next chapter go prove it. This has not happened for years and it's about time we got tough again because this is what will make a difference on the pitch. There will be 11 players who actually want to graft and play for PC.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 9:11]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024