Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Nketiah and other random transfer rumours 13:50 - May 7 with 7436 viewswkj

Of course, pinch of salt - but this is his outlay so far.

https://www.teamtalk.com/eddie-nketiah/stats

[Post edited 8 May 13:52]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 13:54 - May 7 with 5981 viewsElderGrizzly

As others have said, valued at £30m and thought to be on £100k a week.

No...
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 13:59 - May 7 with 5918 viewsVaughan8

Its going to be a long summer.

yes we're going to splash £60m on 2 Arsenal players, plus their ridiculous wages.......!
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:04 - May 7 with 5857 viewswkj

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 13:59 - May 7 by Vaughan8

Its going to be a long summer.

yes we're going to splash £60m on 2 Arsenal players, plus their ridiculous wages.......!

It is indeed going to be a long summer. I don't share things that are on twitter so much though, just an observation news sources have been mentioning this story.

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:05 - May 7 with 5828 viewsVaughan8

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:04 - May 7 by wkj

It is indeed going to be a long summer. I don't share things that are on twitter so much though, just an observation news sources have been mentioning this story.

Don't get me wrong, they're 2 good players and probably better than what we've got, but if those are the prices, I cannot see it happening. £10m each....maybe! haha
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:09 - May 7 with 5746 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not saying I believe it.

But this summer is going to be Interesting

There seems to be a majority view that we won't be spending much..

But...

Ashton did say we aren't in the prem to make up numbers.

Now... money doesn't mean success. But it's possible KM feels we are lightyears away from having a prem side.. so it'll be interesting what spends are made.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:16 - May 7 with 5662 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:09 - May 7 by FrimleyBlue

Not saying I believe it.

But this summer is going to be Interesting

There seems to be a majority view that we won't be spending much..

But...

Ashton did say we aren't in the prem to make up numbers.

Now... money doesn't mean success. But it's possible KM feels we are lightyears away from having a prem side.. so it'll be interesting what spends are made.

“There seems to be a majority view that we won't be spending much..”

That really comes down to how you define ‘much’. I imagine the sums will be stratospheric compared to what we’ve spent in the last couple of years, but minuscule compared to Arsenal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend £20m on a players, it doesn’t get you much these days. I think the key will be signing players that are going to be an asset on the balance sheet, with greater resale value, I.e no Dele Ali’s/Jesse Lindgard’s.
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:39 - May 7 with 5519 viewsIllinoisblue

Baseless rumours re-tweeted by other people who know nothing is one way of saying “picked up by other sources” I suppose.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:48 - May 7 with 5410 viewswkj

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:39 - May 7 by Illinoisblue

Baseless rumours re-tweeted by other people who know nothing is one way of saying “picked up by other sources” I suppose.

Come on illi, you know I don't have a track record for posting tattle about twitter posts. It was interesting to me to see the sudden uptick of footie sites reporting on it.

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:56 - May 7 with 5327 viewsIllinoisblue

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:48 - May 7 by wkj

Come on illi, you know I don't have a track record for posting tattle about twitter posts. It was interesting to me to see the sudden uptick of footie sites reporting on it.

That was my point: the bs gets recycled so many times people start to believe it. It’s going to be a long summer!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 15:02 - May 7 with 5291 viewsitfcjoe

The source on this is a very good one, my first instinct when seeing the stories were to laugh them off as no chance....so a real surprise to see who is now reporting it and what that means.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 15:21 - May 7 with 5097 viewsjoepublic

I wonder if it may be a possible loan approach that's getting hyped up into potential purchase.

How on earth could we pay close to what Arsenal want and others like Palace may be prepared to pay.

That's if a wage of 100k is anywhere near true.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 15:51 - May 7 with 4785 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Would rather we concentrated on getting Omari on a permanent if this is the sort of cash we'll be splashing.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 15:56 - May 7 with 4707 viewswkj

Waiting for Phil to come in and say "I'm told there is nothing in this"

Of course... if he doesn't...

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:13 - May 7 with 4543 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 14:16 - May 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“There seems to be a majority view that we won't be spending much..”

That really comes down to how you define ‘much’. I imagine the sums will be stratospheric compared to what we’ve spent in the last couple of years, but minuscule compared to Arsenal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend £20m on a players, it doesn’t get you much these days. I think the key will be signing players that are going to be an asset on the balance sheet, with greater resale value, I.e no Dele Ali’s/Jesse Lindgard’s.

Think we'll spend between £50m+ and £100m, and let's face it we have to.

That's probably 8 or 9 players isn't it plus a loan or two. We'll lose either perm or on loan probably most of the following:

Jackson
Fridge?
Travis to go back
Moore to go back
Williams to go back
Hutchinson?
Donacien
Ladapo
Walton
Aluko
Harness
Ali
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:25 - May 7 with 4392 viewsfarkenhell

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:13 - May 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Think we'll spend between £50m+ and £100m, and let's face it we have to.

That's probably 8 or 9 players isn't it plus a loan or two. We'll lose either perm or on loan probably most of the following:

Jackson
Fridge?
Travis to go back
Moore to go back
Williams to go back
Hutchinson?
Donacien
Ladapo
Walton
Aluko
Harness
Ali

I don't think we'll be bringing in 8 or 9 new players and, at a stroke, risk losing the many benefits that the current squad have acquired over time to get us to this position.
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:29 - May 7 with 4337 viewsipswichtillidie

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:25 - May 7 by farkenhell

I don't think we'll be bringing in 8 or 9 new players and, at a stroke, risk losing the many benefits that the current squad have acquired over time to get us to this position.

We will bring in 7-10 players I disagree here. Core will be kept but the squad needs updating. There are 5-6 players we would have let go even without promotion.

Gav

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:30 - May 7 with 4317 viewsSheffordBlue

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:25 - May 7 by farkenhell

We signed 7 in the last summer window:

Hirst, Taylor, Scarlett, Slicker, Williams, Tuanzebe, Hutchinson.

We've got quite a few out of contract and some like Baggott, Humphreys, Slicker are likely to go out on loan to get more first team football. Signing 8 or 9 isn't necessarily as disruptive as it seems.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:30 - May 7 with 4313 viewsDarkBrandon

8-9 seems right to me. But not all will be obvious starters.

We probably need to replace Walton and require cover at left back.
Then one or two youngsters like Al-Hamedi

Then we either need to sign or replace Moore, Hutchinson and Sarmiento.

That is 6-7 and we haven’t actually improved the first eleven at all.
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 16:42 - May 7 with 4224 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I suppose we'll see. I'm not suggesting that we'll change 8 or 9 of the first eleven (probably closer to 4 would be my guess).
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 18:00 - May 7 with 3832 viewsSwailsey

Who reported this as abuse for god sake? Poor Phil.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 18:20 - May 7 with 3693 viewsLeoMuff

Feels similar to the Adam Armstrong rumours of last summer, would be great but out of our league.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 19:04 - May 7 with 3515 viewsibbleobble

Reiss Nelson would be more likely than Nketiah. I can see Smith-Rowe wanting more football with the World Cup 2-years away. He’ll need a couple of excellent seasons to get near the squad and it must be on his mind.
Eddie Nketiah rumours being picked up by more sources... on 19:08 - May 7 with 3476 viewsJ2BLUE

Nketiah on loan (the only slightly realistic outcome) would be a hell of a signing.

Really can't see it though. I think he's good enough to have established Prem clubs interested.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eddie Nketiah rumours mounting... (and other newspaper rumours) on 22:11 - May 7 with 2849 viewswkj

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-lundstram-transf

John Lundstram being rumoured too

Eddie Nketiah rumours mounting... (and other newspaper rumours) on 23:07 - May 7 with 2529 viewsKievthegreat

I can't see it personally. Feels like it's becoming a woozle at this point and just being passed round various lazy publications.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024