Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's actually going to do it... 10:03 - Jan 25 with 9780 viewsNorthstaNder

Just heard on the news that Trump is going to force though documents to make it government policy to build the wall along the American/Mexican border to keep out illegal immigrants!

When I first heard about this during the presidential campaign I thought "naaah, surely not".
He's actually going to do it... on 10:32 - Jan 25 with 1010 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's actually going to do it... on 10:27 - Jan 25 by BergholtBru

Yes quite. It`s not that big an issue is it. Just securing the border, that`s all. We have the channel, apart from that man made hole in it of course.

Had we dug a massive trench and filled it with water, that may have been an appropriate analogy. It's hard to argue that it isn't emotive and regressive, but ultimately it's up to Trump (pending possible legal challenges).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He's actually going to do it... on 10:34 - Jan 25 with 991 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 10:32 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

Had we dug a massive trench and filled it with water, that may have been an appropriate analogy. It's hard to argue that it isn't emotive and regressive, but ultimately it's up to Trump (pending possible legal challenges).

I dunno mate, What's regressive about wanting to keep illegal immigrants out of your country?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

He's actually going to do it... on 10:35 - Jan 25 with 977 viewsCaptainObvious

He's actually going to do it... on 10:24 - Jan 25 by LankHenners

Excuse my naivety, but isn't the issue with passing laws on gun control that it conflicts the 2nd amendment and therefore needs to be passed through the senate, which never happens because the NRA allegedly bribes the senators to vote no on any changes?

That doesn't sound like naivety, that sounds like the answer to my question, thanks.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 10:35]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

He's actually going to do it... on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 969 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 10:34 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

I dunno mate, What's regressive about wanting to keep illegal immigrants out of your country?

Maybe you should ask business & Employment Agencies that question?
He's actually going to do it... on 10:37 - Jan 25 with 960 viewsgerard1947

He's actually going to do it... on 10:08 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

He is, but how much of this is bluster and rebadging what's gone on before as his own? Over a quarter of the border has a physical barrier now, from fence to walls. And apparently large sections in between have sensors and/or are monitored on CCTV, etc. This is nothing new.

I've been reading up on wiki!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

The image most folks get is a brand new wall coast to coast perhaps. That would be one heck of a wall. Basically it's like building a wall from Lands End to J.O'G and back again, then + a bit.

Realistically using what's there, adding bits plus plus hi-tech monitoring is where it will go. Still a major undertaking.

That said The Great Wall of China trumps them all ... twice the distance!
He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 946 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 10:36 - Jan 25 by No9

Maybe you should ask business & Employment Agencies that question?

Businesses and agencies arent allowed to employ illegals. If they do they get fined or worse. I dont understand why so many people have a problem with the States wanting to secure one of their borders, I really dont.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 942 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect it's the manner of achieving the aim that people take affront to, rather than the aim itself, wrapped in in the whole package of Trumps views on Mexicans (they're all rapists apparently). And the association with other walls that have been built by tyrannical regimes to control people. Not to mention what it's going to do in terms of relations with Mexico.

I suspect some Americans would prefer to build bridges than walls.

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 937 viewsBinner

It's okay to want to keep illegal migrants out but the vast majority of them arrive by aeroplane. Imagine how big the wall would need to be to keep aeroplanes out...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

He's actually going to do it... on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 922 viewsSwailsey

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by Binner

It's okay to want to keep illegal migrants out but the vast majority of them arrive by aeroplane. Imagine how big the wall would need to be to keep aeroplanes out...

What if they dig tunnels?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 10:45]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

He's actually going to do it... on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 913 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect it's the manner of achieving the aim that people take affront to, rather than the aim itself, wrapped in in the whole package of Trumps views on Mexicans (they're all rapists apparently). And the association with other walls that have been built by tyrannical regimes to control people. Not to mention what it's going to do in terms of relations with Mexico.

I suspect some Americans would prefer to build bridges than walls.

He didnt say theyre all rapists did he. Im sure youre right that some people would prefer bridges to walls. That is a point of view that has been superseded now in the States.

He's actually going to do it... on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 908 viewsBinner

He's actually going to do it... on 10:41 - Jan 25 by Swailsey

What if they dig tunnels?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 10:45]

You'd need an enormous tunnel for a jumbo jet...

He's actually going to do it... on 10:43 - Jan 25 with 900 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by Binner

If I was Mexican, I'd be offering to lay the first brick.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

He's actually going to do it... on 10:44 - Jan 25 with 899 viewsSwailsey

He's actually going to do it... on 10:42 - Jan 25 by Binner

You'd need an enormous tunnel for a jumbo jet...

Good point. I'm calmer now.

The wall in theory could go right down to the earth's core? That's only a mile or so isn't it...

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

He's actually going to do it... on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 865 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Businesses and agencies arent allowed to employ illegals. If they do they get fined or worse. I dont understand why so many people have a problem with the States wanting to secure one of their borders, I really dont.

Up until 2010 businesses were visted frequently to check on 'illegals' & Agencies were required to ensure the people they brought in were properly documented and provisioned.
That is evident from the Poultry producers in Norfolk.

After the 2010 election the processes ceased due to cost saving measures by the now PM.
Persons are checked into the country but not checked out & nothing is done to remove persons who overstay their visas.

What America does with it's borders is it's business but they don't do as they say it is selective
He's actually going to do it... on 10:48 - Jan 25 with 859 viewsIpswichIrish

He's actually going to do it... on 10:43 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

The Mexican leaders have absolutely nothing about them if they don't refuse to pay for lard ass' wall
He's actually going to do it... on 10:48 - Jan 25 with 858 viewsfeelingblue

Not much. Assuming that he actually means a wall, what is stupid is wasting money building something from the last century, or even the century before last, to stop 21st century people.

See the post below about people arriving by plane or think about how illegals get into this country. They don't walk.
He's actually going to do it... on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 850 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's actually going to do it... on 10:37 - Jan 25 by gerard1947

The image most folks get is a brand new wall coast to coast perhaps. That would be one heck of a wall. Basically it's like building a wall from Lands End to J.O'G and back again, then + a bit.

Realistically using what's there, adding bits plus plus hi-tech monitoring is where it will go. Still a major undertaking.

That said The Great Wall of China trumps them all ... twice the distance!

And over deserts and mountain ranges - it would be an incredible engineering feat. Only took them 1,700 years to build the Great wall of China up to it's peak, so Trumpy better get a move on.

He's actually going to do it... on 10:56 - Jan 25 with 825 viewsblueislander

He's actually going to do it... on 10:50 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

And over deserts and mountain ranges - it would be an incredible engineering feat. Only took them 1,700 years to build the Great wall of China up to it's peak, so Trumpy better get a move on.

Estimated cost of the wall is US$ 25 billion , and Mexico is going to pay for it.
He's actually going to do it... on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 784 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 10:56 - Jan 25 by blueislander

Estimated cost of the wall is US$ 25 billion , and Mexico is going to pay for it.

How will they make Mexico pay for it?
He's actually going to do it... on 10:59 - Jan 25 with 775 viewsBinner

Once the wall is built, how will all the rapists escape back to their own country?

He's actually going to do it... on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 773 viewsIpswichIrish

He's actually going to do it... on 10:56 - Jan 25 by blueislander

No they're not. Lard ass pervo Trump has already admitted taxpayers will pay for it and they'll claw the money back, if he does last the four years, the wall definitely won't have been paid for by Mexico by then and any opponent could appeal to Hispanics by saying the wall won't be forced on Mexico
He's actually going to do it... on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 760 viewsimsureazzure

He's actually going to do it... on 10:43 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

Probably to keep out all the American teenagers who divert in to Mexico to get pissed due to the 21 year old age limit in the states.
He's actually going to do it... on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 732 viewsblueislander

He's actually going to do it... on 11:00 - Jan 25 by IpswichIrish

No they're not. Lard ass pervo Trump has already admitted taxpayers will pay for it and they'll claw the money back, if he does last the four years, the wall definitely won't have been paid for by Mexico by then and any opponent could appeal to Hispanics by saying the wall won't be forced on Mexico

You reckon the wall will be built in 4 years?
He's actually going to do it... on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 710 viewsIpswichIrish

He's actually going to do it... on 11:03 - Jan 25 by blueislander

You reckon the wall will be built in 4 years?

Haven't a clue but I'd bet my life Mexico won't pay for it
He's actually going to do it... on 11:08 - Jan 25 with 705 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 10:48 - Jan 25 by feelingblue

Not much. Assuming that he actually means a wall, what is stupid is wasting money building something from the last century, or even the century before last, to stop 21st century people.

See the post below about people arriving by plane or think about how illegals get into this country. They don't walk.

People coming in by plane can be turned away by customs or the border force or whatever it's called in the States. Yes people can use false passports but I expect the States would be ready for that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024