Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's actually going to do it... 10:03 - Jan 25 with 9779 viewsNorthstaNder

Just heard on the news that Trump is going to force though documents to make it government policy to build the wall along the American/Mexican border to keep out illegal immigrants!

When I first heard about this during the presidential campaign I thought "naaah, surely not".
He's actually going to do it... on 16:35 - Jan 25 with 3420 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 15:34 - Jan 25 by giant_stow

That's a new one to me, i must say, but of course I only read mainstream media. Any chance of a brief potted history of how this came to be (pretty please)?

Well, it's true that the mainstream media won't tell you - that's for sure.

To determine if someone's a friend or an enemy of another country you need to look at what they do, not what it's reported to have been said on TV.

Every year there's some footage of a missile landing in the sea somewhere and Kim Jong Un looking through some binoculars at the landing spot, or at Japan or perhaps with some really powerful binoculars even at America. This tends to be done just around US defence budget time. Jong un and his dad just kept US military spending high. Good lad.

lol

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

He's actually going to do it... on 17:09 - Jan 25 with 3373 viewseireblue

He is just acting like a CEO.

Signing a bunch of memo's telling people to do something.

In a couple of weeks he can go back to running his other companies.

Doesn't really matter if stuff happens or not, he can just say they did. His supporters will believe.
He's actually going to do it... on 17:14 - Jan 25 with 3368 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 16:35 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

To determine if someone's a friend or an enemy of another country you need to look at what they do, not what it's reported to have been said on TV.

Every year there's some footage of a missile landing in the sea somewhere and Kim Jong Un looking through some binoculars at the landing spot, or at Japan or perhaps with some really powerful binoculars even at America. This tends to be done just around US defence budget time. Jong un and his dad just kept US military spending high. Good lad.

lol

bit tenuous innit? anything else?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

He's actually going to do it... on 17:17 - Jan 25 with 3366 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 17:14 - Jan 25 by giant_stow

bit tenuous innit? anything else?

Not for you, no.

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 17:51 - Jan 25 with 3332 viewslowhouseblue

He's actually going to do it... on 16:35 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

lol

oh very good, you're being mischievous now aren't you. the cil persona is so effective that one often can't tell.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

He's actually going to do it... on 17:52 - Jan 25 with 3328 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 17:17 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

Not for you, no.

Hmm I feel like I've just been insulted, but can't work out how. Hey ho, love you too sweetness.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

He's actually going to do it... on 18:00 - Jan 25 with 3313 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 17:51 - Jan 25 by lowhouseblue

oh very good, you're being mischievous now aren't you. the cil persona is so effective that one often can't tell.

One must try harder then. The other ninety-nine can tell very easily.

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 18:01 - Jan 25 with 3312 viewsleitrimblue

He's actually going to do it... on 10:34 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

I dunno mate, What's regressive about wanting to keep illegal immigrants out of your country?

Excactly, what have immigrants ever done for America
Login to get fewer ads

He's actually going to do it... on 18:15 - Jan 25 with 3284 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 17:52 - Jan 25 by giant_stow

Hmm I feel like I've just been insulted, but can't work out how. Hey ho, love you too sweetness.

I wouldn't insult you. By the way, I think you have the most underrated profile pic on TWTD.

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 18:25 - Jan 25 with 3277 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 18:15 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

I wouldn't insult you. By the way, I think you have the most underrated profile pic on TWTD.

Its got more layers than an onion - we'll noticed.

He's actually going to do it... on 23:17 - Jan 25 with 3187 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 10:32 - Jan 25 by Binner

He hasn't, really...

As far as I'm aware, he didn't make schools 'gun-free zones' on his first day; nor have Mrs Clinton arrested. (Maybe he spent too long on the first day trying to tell us that the rain stopped and sun came out for his swearing-in and inaugural speech; it didn't).

He seems to be replacing Obamacare with 'Obamacare(Light)-by- a-different-name'.

As for draining the swamp (which should've been done pre inauguration) he has not merely left the swamp intact, he has now infested it with sharks.

"As for draining the swamp (which should've been done pre inauguration) he has not merely left the swamp intact, he has now infested it with sharks."

Who are these sharks you talk of, and why are they sharks?

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 23:20 - Jan 25 with 3185 viewsstantheman

He's actually going to do it... on 10:17 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

A whole host of reasons have been presented:
- it causes problems where it divides lands (e.g. 3 native American tribes would be affected apparently; exiting proposed routes split private property in some places resulting in lengthy court battles)
- there have been accusations of land grab (moving the border into Mexico)
- the existing fence, walls and border controls have been shown to massively reduce illegal entry, so there's an argument as to whether it's value for money
- It can adversely affect natural drainage causing flooding to properties and land
- it affects migration of animal species
- it will need to be built across environmental sensitive areas

As usual, it's a little bit more complicated than the simplistic rhetoric that comes from Trump. And it's nothing new.

Is there anything about great crested newts?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024