Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's actually going to do it... 10:03 - Jan 25 with 9778 viewsNorthstaNder

Just heard on the news that Trump is going to force though documents to make it government policy to build the wall along the American/Mexican border to keep out illegal immigrants!

When I first heard about this during the presidential campaign I thought "naaah, surely not".
He's actually going to do it... on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 1517 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 10:56 - Jan 25 by blueislander

Estimated cost of the wall is US$ 25 billion , and Mexico is going to pay for it.

Cant help but think this is a play on words by Trump. Maybe he means they will pay for it via tariffs on trade or even by them not being able to run drugs into the southern states anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

He's actually going to do it... on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 1511 viewsblueislander

He's actually going to do it... on 11:09 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Cant help but think this is a play on words by Trump. Maybe he means they will pay for it via tariffs on trade or even by them not being able to run drugs into the southern states anymore.

yep. No doubt there will be "alternative facts" to explain how the Mexicans are going to pay.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 11:24]
He's actually going to do it... on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 1483 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's actually going to do it... on 10:42 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

He didnt say theyre all rapists did he. Im sure youre right that some people would prefer bridges to walls. That is a point of view that has been superseded now in the States.

He said all Mexicans entering the US are rapists.

He's got the mandate for sure, but I was just pointing out some of the reasons why people may find his approach distasteful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He's actually going to do it... on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 1478 viewsBinner

He's actually going to do it... on 11:08 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

People coming in by plane can be turned away by customs or the border force or whatever it's called in the States. Yes people can use false passports but I expect the States would be ready for that.

They arrive with legal visas then don't renew visas or leave when they should.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 11:43]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

He's actually going to do it... on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 1459 viewsdryas

He's actually going to do it... on 10:06 - Jan 25 by CaptainObvious

Finally a politician that does what he says he will do and people still complain.

He was elected by being an anti-politician.
He's actually going to do it... on 11:26 - Jan 25 with 1448 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 11:09 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

An interesting point was made last week about tariffs etc.placed on car makers who were going to build cars in Mexico. The American version of the SMMT had a meeting as to how to deal with Trump's demands.
Apparently it could reduce car prooduction in the USA because the components are all made in the US then shipped to Mexico for assembly and exported to 43 countries the USA doesn't do business with. Chopping up the agreement with China means that American made GM has lost more than 30 of it's sales outlets.
He's actually going to do it... on 11:29 - Jan 25 with 1436 viewsIpswichIrish

He's actually going to do it... on 11:20 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

He said all Mexicans entering the US are rapists.

He's got the mandate for sure, but I was just pointing out some of the reasons why people may find his approach distasteful.

The man is a cast iron idiot
He said on tape he might jump on a woman kissing her and said he grabs them by the pussy. That's a pervert in my eyes. What I don't understand is why wikileaks who were all over exposing Killary like a rash aren't digging out Trump's tax returns and the apprentice tapes where he is caught red handed saying more vile things. Trump's thin skin will see him impeached within 2 years imo
He's actually going to do it... on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 1422 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 11:29 - Jan 25 by IpswichIrish

He said on tape he might jump on a woman kissing her and said he grabs them by the pussy. That's a pervert in my eyes. What I don't understand is why wikileaks who were all over exposing Killary like a rash aren't digging out Trump's tax returns and the apprentice tapes where he is caught red handed saying more vile things. Trump's thin skin will see him impeached within 2 years imo

You may have spelt pussy incorrectly

In the south it's PWUSSIE'
Login to get fewer ads

He's actually going to do it... on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 1393 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's actually going to do it... on 11:26 - Jan 25 by No9

An interesting point was made last week about tariffs etc.placed on car makers who were going to build cars in Mexico. The American version of the SMMT had a meeting as to how to deal with Trump's demands.
Apparently it could reduce car prooduction in the USA because the components are all made in the US then shipped to Mexico for assembly and exported to 43 countries the USA doesn't do business with. Chopping up the agreement with China means that American made GM has lost more than 30 of it's sales outlets.

This is going to be a buggèr to unpick in Brexit too, where a UK company is but one part of a much larger more complex supply chain across Europe. I know of one British automotive company who are relocating to Prague because they can't deal with the uncertainty of whether or not we'll stay in the single market, so they're taking the plunge to guarantee they can function in the single market. I know a Director in the Airbus group too, but best not repeat his thoughts on this!

It's going to be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. A very good time to be a constitutional lawyer or change management practitioner.

He's actually going to do it... on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 1383 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite an interesting series of observations on trump from someone who make a living observing other people:

http://news.sky.com/video/bremner-on-trumps-distraction-technique-10736615

He's actually going to do it... on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 1362 viewsBergholtBru

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

He's actually going to do it... on 11:51 - Jan 25 with 1345 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's actually going to do it... on 11:46 - Jan 25 by BergholtBru

More like Another pr1ck and his wall

He's actually going to do it... on 11:53 - Jan 25 with 1336 viewsNo9

He's actually going to do it... on 11:37 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

This is going to be a buggèr to unpick in Brexit too, where a UK company is but one part of a much larger more complex supply chain across Europe. I know of one British automotive company who are relocating to Prague because they can't deal with the uncertainty of whether or not we'll stay in the single market, so they're taking the plunge to guarantee they can function in the single market. I know a Director in the Airbus group too, but best not repeat his thoughts on this!

It's going to be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. A very good time to be a constitutional lawyer or change management practitioner.

Unfortunately some companies like the one you describe are going to move to avoid uncertainty. Others will close down.
The leave group have overlooked the realites and practicalities
He's actually going to do it... on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 1328 viewsIpswichIrish

He's actually going to do it... on 11:40 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

Quite an interesting series of observations on trump from someone who make a living observing other people:

http://news.sky.com/video/bremner-on-trumps-distraction-technique-10736615

HeS easy to work out
If any celebrity criticised him now he'd immediately go on Twitter or call a press conference defending himself, like you would be mature enough to ignore when you were 14. The worry imo is when proud nations won't be bullied by him. Kim Jong Un is no more dangerous than him
He's actually going to do it... on 14:38 - Jan 25 with 1250 viewscaught-in-limbo

Wikileaks aren't hackers or investigative journalists. They publish what is leaked to them.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

He's actually going to do it... on 14:41 - Jan 25 with 1241 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 11:54 - Jan 25 by IpswichIrish

HeS easy to work out
If any celebrity criticised him now he'd immediately go on Twitter or call a press conference defending himself, like you would be mature enough to ignore when you were 14. The worry imo is when proud nations won't be bullied by him. Kim Jong Un is no more dangerous than him

N.Korea is not a threat to the US. Kim Jong Un and his country are there to keep S.Korea and Japan in line. The US is very happy to have a US puppet armed with nuclear weapons right on China's border.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 15:43]

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 1207 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 14:41 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

N.Korea is not a threat to the US. Kim Jong Un and his country are there to keep S.Korea and Japan in line. The US is very happy to have a US puppet armed with nuclear weapons right on China's border.

North Korea is a US puppet?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

He's actually going to do it... on 15:09 - Jan 25 with 1204 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 15:08 - Jan 25 by giant_stow

Think she means South Korea..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

He's actually going to do it... on 15:22 - Jan 25 with 1194 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 15:09 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Oh, didn;t know they had nukes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

He's actually going to do it... on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 15:08 - Jan 25 by giant_stow

Yep

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 1185 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's actually going to do it... on 15:09 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Nope

#toxic

He's actually going to do it... on 15:31 - Jan 25 with 1174 viewschicoazul

He's actually going to do it... on 15:28 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

Nope

Ah sorry.

He's actually going to do it... on 15:34 - Jan 25 with 1176 viewsgiant_stow

He's actually going to do it... on 15:28 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

Yep

That's a new one to me, i must say, but of course I only read mainstream media. Any chance of a brief potted history of how this came to be (pretty please)?

He's actually going to do it... on 15:51 - Jan 25 with 1160 viewsRaedwald_625

he's been mandated by the people of the US. Where's the surprise?

He may not be most people's cup of tea, but perhaps we should give him more than a couple of days in charge before passing judgement.
He's actually going to do it... on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 1157 viewslowhouseblue

He's actually going to do it... on 14:41 - Jan 25 by caught-in-limbo

is this a theory you've been working on for sometime? or did it come to you in a blinding flash?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024