Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many Clouds 14:37 - Jan 28 with 9173 viewsJohnhoz

I'm not a huge racing fan, but that is so sad after such an amzing finish. Poor thing collapsed and died just after the finish

[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 14:52]

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

very sad news (n/t) on 14:38 - Jan 28 with 2740 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Many Clouds on 14:41 - Jan 28 with 2718 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shed a tear hearing he had died.

Had backed him to come second to Thistlecrack but the way he spent the whole of the last 3 furlongs battling and giving everything to win was incredible.

Died as a brace brave racehorse doing what he loved.

And now I'm crying again

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Many Clouds on 14:43 - Jan 28 with 2706 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Very sad indeed.

The older I get, I become more skeptical of horse racing.

Poll: Best Football Song

Many Clouds on 14:44 - Jan 28 with 2689 viewstaximan

Many Clouds on 14:43 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

Very sad indeed.

in what way ?
Many Clouds on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 2677 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 14:44 - Jan 28 by taximan

in what way ?

I don't like horses dropping dead for our entertainment.

I'm not saying the sport should be banned as I don't know enough about the general care towards the horses. I can't make my mind up if I'm honest.

Many Clouds on 14:47 - Jan 28 with 2674 viewsDyland

Many Clouds on 14:43 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

Very sad indeed.

You mean fixing, or horse deaths?

The latter saddens me more the older I get. I haven't watched the Grand National, for example, for a good ten years.

Many Clouds on 14:47 - Jan 28 with 2674 viewsRyorry

Dreadful, had collapsed before after a race & thought it would once again just be a shortage of oxygen for him, quickly remedied.

Had just been celebrating a thrilling race, one of the best ever (in which I didn't have a bean on btw) which had re-kindled my enthusiasm for racing. And then that :(

R.I.P. Many Clouds, a great racehorse who literally gave his all.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Many Clouds on 14:48 - Jan 28 with 2652 viewsDyland

Many Clouds on 14:47 - Jan 28 by Ryorry

Dreadful, had collapsed before after a race & thought it would once again just be a shortage of oxygen for him, quickly remedied.

Had just been celebrating a thrilling race, one of the best ever (in which I didn't have a bean on btw) which had re-kindled my enthusiasm for racing. And then that :(

It's brought me close to tears. And I'm really not a big softie.

RIP

Login to get fewer ads

Many Clouds on 14:48 - Jan 28 with 2634 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Many Clouds on 14:48 - Jan 28 by Dyland

It's brought me close to tears. And I'm really not a big softie.

RIP

I don't care if I look soft but I've cried at it

Absolutely devastating news

Many Clouds on 14:48 - Jan 28 with 2629 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 14:47 - Jan 28 by Ryorry

This upsets me.

If it had shown indications that it struggles to handle racing, people should've considered retiring it, surely?

Many Clouds on 14:49 - Jan 28 with 2613 viewsRoyKeanesDog

By the way.... I'm calling a 7 pager for this thread!

Many Clouds on 14:51 - Jan 28 with 2596 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Many Clouds on 14:49 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

By the way.... I'm calling a 7 pager for this thread!

I really hope not

I'd hate to see anti racing fans using a horses death that we all love and are crying over (I won't be the only one) to further their agendas.

Many Clouds on 14:52 - Jan 28 with 2586 viewstaximan

Many Clouds on 14:46 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I'm not saying the sport should be banned as I don't know enough about the general care towards the horses. I can't make my mind up if I'm honest.

your opening is line is very poor form

i'm a massive nh racing fan, cheltenham festival is the highlight of my year by a mile

i hate seeing the animals fall, let alone lose their lives

however, the horses love what they do, they are bred to race

if they didn't want to run and jump, they wouldn't

the horses get first class care, both at home and on the racecourse
Many Clouds on 14:53 - Jan 28 with 2564 viewsRyorry

Many Clouds on 14:46 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

They're looked after like kings and queens. The humans who look after them don't have it as good as they do!

Horses - and other animals - not in racing die every day for our "entertainment". On the roads, vile puppy farms, accidents whilst happily cantering round their paddocks.

Better to fight against the neglect, abuse and deliberate cruelty that goes on. Tho I do think racing can improve itself too.

Many Clouds on 14:54 - Jan 28 with 2541 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Many Clouds on 14:52 - Jan 28 by taximan

i'm a massive nh racing fan, cheltenham festival is the highlight of my year by a mile

We don't agree with much Taxi but you're bang on here.

Terrible news. There's not a person associated with horse racing that won't be devastated to hear of his death.

Many Clouds on 14:54 - Jan 28 with 2524 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 14:51 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I really hope not

I'd hate to see anti racing fans using a horses death that we all love and are crying over (I won't be the only one) to further their agendas.

I am putting my hands up here and say that I am quite ignorant about the subject, and would like to see people put their arguments across for and against the sport so that I can make an informed decision.

Surely this wouldn't be manipulating events to fit their agenda though, it is a valid point, no? Especially if ManyClouds had shown prior vulnerability health wise?

Many Clouds on 14:56 - Jan 28 with 2496 viewstaximan

Many Clouds on 14:54 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I am putting my hands up here and say that I am quite ignorant about the subject, and would like to see people put their arguments across for and against the sport so that I can make an informed decision.

Surely this wouldn't be manipulating events to fit their agenda though, it is a valid point, no? Especially if ManyClouds had shown prior vulnerability health wise?

you will have to contact the stable for answers re the horses general health and ability to withstand racing

i would leave it a few days tbh
Many Clouds on 14:58 - Jan 28 with 2476 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 14:52 - Jan 28 by taximan

I didn't mean it as a dig. I have said that I am not that clued up and am open to persuasion for and against.

Surely they are trained to run and jump though, unknowingly putting their life at risk?

I'm not saying that racing enthusiasts enjoy seeing horses fall or die, but surely it wouldn't happen if they weren't put through such ordeals?

You say that they are bred to race, and that is partly why I don't like it. They are bred for our own entertainment, no?

Many Clouds on 14:59 - Jan 28 with 2466 viewsRyorry

Many Clouds on 14:48 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

This upsets me.

If it had shown indications that it struggles to handle racing, people should've considered retiring it, surely?

I wasn't going to mention this as I don't want to get into an argument when all are upset by it, and we don't know the details ourselves - but as you've raised it, that would be one example of how I think racing could improve itself. The horse will have have had vet assessments since last time, but if he'd been mine, I think I might well have retired him whatever the vet said.

Many Clouds on 15:00 - Jan 28 with 2454 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Many Clouds on 14:54 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

For me it's too raw

I know you aren't doing it a nasty way bud. But for me it's too raw to start going into the ins and outs of it

Many Clouds on 15:01 - Jan 28 with 2437 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 14:56 - Jan 28 by taximan

you will have to contact the stable for answers re the horses general health and ability to withstand racing

i would leave it a few days tbh

I don't plan to go to those lengths, but I might read up on it.

I just don't understand why people would make ManyClouds race again if he had previously shown health implications whilst racing.

Many Clouds on 15:02 - Jan 28 with 2433 viewstaximan

Many Clouds on 14:58 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I didn't mean it as a dig. I have said that I am not that clued up and am open to persuasion for and against.

Surely they are trained to run and jump though, unknowingly putting their life at risk?

I'm not saying that racing enthusiasts enjoy seeing horses fall or die, but surely it wouldn't happen if they weren't put through such ordeals?

You say that they are bred to race, and that is partly why I don't like it. They are bred for our own entertainment, no?

if a horse weighing 550kg doesn't want to run. it won't

deanos beano was one i remember from a good few years ago, that fell out of love with racing and simply refused to race
a 10 stone jockey will make no difference in circumstances like this
Many Clouds on 15:02 - Jan 28 with 2423 viewsRyorry

Many Clouds on 14:58 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

"They are bred for our own entertainment, no?"

So are cats, dogs and horses/ponies not in racing - see my post above.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 15:09]

Many Clouds on 15:04 - Jan 28 with 2413 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Many Clouds on 15:00 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

For me it's too raw

I know you aren't doing it a nasty way bud. But for me it's too raw to start going into the ins and outs of it

Fair enough, I'll drop it and do some independent research, didn't mean to upset anybody.

R.I.P ManyClouds

Many Clouds on 15:05 - Jan 28 with 2385 viewstaximan

Many Clouds on 15:01 - Jan 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I don't plan to go to those lengths, but I might read up on it.

I just don't understand why people would make ManyClouds race again if he had previously shown health implications whilst racing.

you can be sure that the owner and trainer would have taken advice from experts (equine vets)
its pointless conjecture carrying on down this route without being aware of the full facts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024