Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) 10:33 - Feb 6 with 2071 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 13:53 - Feb 7 with 625 viewsdickie

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 19:01 - Feb 6 by jeera

We agree on this.

I maintain she's been great, and came to the throne at a time a monarch still had a place and meaning.

But no more.

Once she's ceased that should be it.

Wills and co can go work in Sainsbury's for all I care.

Privatise them - they're apparently very profitable for the country so let them make money for themselves and be taxed accordingly
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 616 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 17:12 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

Again, meaningless when you consider my reasoning.

To make everyone equal you also need to ban all inheritances and make sure all assets go to the state upon someone's death
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 584 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

To make everyone equal you also need to ban all inheritances and make sure all assets go to the state upon someone's death

I'm talking about everyone being equally socially and treated equally. Your point only makes sense if you treat people with more money better than people with less money.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 7 with 582 viewsCotty

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:02 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

I'm talking about everyone being equally socially and treated equally. Your point only makes sense if you treat people with more money better than people with less money.

You don't think people with more money get treated better? What planet are you living on?
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:12 - Feb 7 with 576 viewsRyorry

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 6 by hoppy

What could possibly go wrong with that approach?

Well the Labour Party did it so ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:19 - Feb 7 with 570 viewsRyorry

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:52 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

That's really a crap argument. If you believe everyone is equal then 'imagine President Cameron' or 'what if we get someone like Trump?' loses all meaning.

Cameron and Trump think they're equal to us?

Your argument makes no sense.

Give me 1,000 Lizzies or Charles' anyday over any politician - the latter especially has done more to raise awareness regarding critical environmental issues and the long-term fate of humankind on planet earth, than almost anyone, and certainly more than any mainstream politician.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:21 - Feb 7 with 556 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 7 by Cotty

You don't think people with more money get treated better? What planet are you living on?

His point only makes sense if he personally treats people with more money better. That was my point. You seem to be responding to what you want me to be saying rather than what I actually said.

Truly impaired.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 550 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:19 - Feb 7 by Ryorry

Cameron and Trump think they're equal to us?

Your argument makes no sense.

Give me 1,000 Lizzies or Charles' anyday over any politician - the latter especially has done more to raise awareness regarding critical environmental issues and the long-term fate of humankind on planet earth, than almost anyone, and certainly more than any mainstream politician.

You've spectacularly missed the point as you do every time this comes up. I'm not going to waste time going over the same ground we've gone over repeatedly.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:23 - Feb 7 with 546 viewsCotty

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:21 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

His point only makes sense if he personally treats people with more money better. That was my point. You seem to be responding to what you want me to be saying rather than what I actually said.

This is the problem with not reading the thread in the right order, apols!
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 528 viewsRyorry

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:22 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

You've spectacularly missed the point as you do every time this comes up. I'm not going to waste time going over the same ground we've gone over repeatedly.

I read this thread in haste I must admit, but you never get the point about the dross that could replace the royals if we went to a democratic vote for a president, as the USA got Trump instead of Obama.

At least those in direct line to the throne have a sense of duty and responsibility to others drummed into them from a very early age, unlike Trump etc etc.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:33 - Feb 7 with 519 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:30 - Feb 7 by Ryorry

I read this thread in haste I must admit, but you never get the point about the dross that could replace the royals if we went to a democratic vote for a president, as the USA got Trump instead of Obama.

At least those in direct line to the throne have a sense of duty and responsibility to others drummed into them from a very early age, unlike Trump etc etc.

I do get the point. My belief is that everyone is equal. I will never accept that we call some 'her/his royal highness' etc. It's just not compatible with my belief that everyone is equal.

You won't like this and you'll argue against it but you cannot be in favour of the royal family and also believe everyone is equal. It's one or the other. I don't care if the queen has done a good job or not. It's purely ideological and your support for the royal family proves you do not agree with my 'we're all equal' stance. Fair enough.

Truly impaired.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:35 - Feb 7 with 511 viewsCotty

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:33 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

I do get the point. My belief is that everyone is equal. I will never accept that we call some 'her/his royal highness' etc. It's just not compatible with my belief that everyone is equal.

You won't like this and you'll argue against it but you cannot be in favour of the royal family and also believe everyone is equal. It's one or the other. I don't care if the queen has done a good job or not. It's purely ideological and your support for the royal family proves you do not agree with my 'we're all equal' stance. Fair enough.

Hooray, something we agree on!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 15:36]
Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:39 - Feb 7 with 497 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:35 - Feb 7 by Cotty

Hooray, something we agree on!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 15:36]

Amazing what happens when you actually listen to what I say!

Truly impaired.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 476 viewsKeno

I agree with when you say everyone is equal

However with the Monarchy technically you are not saying the Queen as a person is better or higher than you, just the queen as a role or title.

In the same way that the military you salute the rank not the person.

I know that maybe an odd concept but as a person the Elizabeth Windsor should have no higher or status than J2Blue, but Queen Elizabeth 2 in fulfilling the role as head of state deserves all due respect.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:02 - Feb 7 with 476 viewsRyorry

I believe that we're all equal, that the Royal family are our best option as figureheads, and that you have to be pragmatic, flexible & nuanced to achieve the best options for the greater good, so a tiny number of exceptions are permitted. That do you?!

I might call them 'your majesty' or 'your highness' if we met, but only out of respect for them as individual people. I wouldn't think of them as 'higher' than me, but I wouldn't perceive them as 'equal' either - I'd see them as *better*, because they've actually done more, and achieved far more good in their lives than I have - not sure I could/would have done as much as they've managed, if I'd been in their positions.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:45 - Feb 7 with 450 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://goo.gl/images/KwzLWZ

'Poor but Loyal !'
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:48]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:52 - Feb 7 with 439 viewsJ2BLUE

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 16:02 - Feb 7 by Ryorry

I believe that we're all equal, that the Royal family are our best option as figureheads, and that you have to be pragmatic, flexible & nuanced to achieve the best options for the greater good, so a tiny number of exceptions are permitted. That do you?!

I might call them 'your majesty' or 'your highness' if we met, but only out of respect for them as individual people. I wouldn't think of them as 'higher' than me, but I wouldn't perceive them as 'equal' either - I'd see them as *better*, because they've actually done more, and achieved far more good in their lives than I have - not sure I could/would have done as much as they've managed, if I'd been in their positions.

I respectfully disagree.

Truly impaired.

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 17:54 - Feb 7 with 427 viewsCotty

Congrats to Liz, 65 Not Out!! (n/t) on 15:39 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Amazing what happens when you actually listen to what I say!

Nah, the rest of it is mostly bollox tbf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024