Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here 15:30 - Apr 13 with 3316 viewsWadeyBlue

Do you really think ME is to blame in our current plight??

We have a squad which is more than capable of a top 10 finish and more importantly the ability to play attractive football. Unfortunately we have a manager who hasn't a clue how to set up and play a technical game.

There are posters on here who think if ME gives MM money that we'll be pushing for another top 6 finish. Seriously look at the football. Its dire. The players are professional, they can pass, they can play one touch, they can play a technical game, BUT they are told not to. This is solely down to MM.

Honestly if you think the answer is to invest another 10 million then you probably need to go and watch one of the top prem sides.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:50 - Apr 14 with 1413 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:46 - Apr 14 by Mullet

I've not checked so am happy to be proved wrong. Show us all the fees, the "stinkers" and why it would be such a terrible route for us to take etc.

I can see ours and that's down to Evans not Mick, we'd have gone down without him and not just when he came in. We'll go down eventually as we are and not because of Mick. Anyone can see that.

Do you honestly believe that MM would not take us down? Are you watching the same football team and football matches as I am?

As a seasoned poster on this board i find that comment quite bizarre albeit hugely interesting!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 9:51]
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 1406 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:50 - Apr 14 by Northern_Blue81

Do you honestly believe that MM would not take us down? Are you watching the same football team and football matches as I am?

As a seasoned poster on this board i find that comment quite bizarre albeit hugely interesting!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 9:51]

Eh? "We will go down eventually"

There's only so long managers like Mick can perform miracles. Royle was exactly the same, it just gets too much for anyone.

If we maintain the current levels of investment eventually we'll pushed down and out of the league as this squad ages even further.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:57 - Apr 14 with 1398 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:52 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Eh? "We will go down eventually"

There's only so long managers like Mick can perform miracles. Royle was exactly the same, it just gets too much for anyone.

If we maintain the current levels of investment eventually we'll pushed down and out of the league as this squad ages even further.

It does not cost money for the players to pass the ball to one another, we don't need to spend millions of pounds to be able to attack a team. Everything that happens on that pitch is MM department and he is failing on a weekly basis.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:58 - Apr 14 with 1395 viewsClausThomsen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:46 - Apr 14 by Mullet

I've not checked so am happy to be proved wrong. Show us all the fees, the "stinkers" and why it would be such a terrible route for us to take etc.

I can see ours and that's down to Evans not Mick, we'd have gone down without him and not just when he came in. We'll go down eventually as we are and not because of Mick. Anyone can see that.

£7 million on Kevin Doyle, £3.5 million on Jamie O'Hara, £2.6 million on Nenad Milijas, £2.5 million on Ronald Zubar, Adlene Guardioura for £2 million (who he later had a bust up with and loaned out)... Steven Mouyokolo for £2.5 million, Greg Halford for £2 million, Stefan Maierhofer £1.8 million, Jelle Van Dam £2.5 million (who went home soon after due to "homesickness"), Roger Johnson for £4 million...

They you go sir.

Evans is to blame - he should've sacked Jewell long before we were in relegation trouble, and Mick straight after the Lincoln debacle.

What is it about Mick McCarthy that you're currently enjoying so much? He's the one organizing and motivating the team, a team compiled almost entirely of players he's signed over his 4 years. What direction do you think it's going?

edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's gone
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 10:09]
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:59 - Apr 14 with 1392 viewsHerbivore

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:57 - Apr 14 by Northern_Blue81

It does not cost money for the players to pass the ball to one another, we don't need to spend millions of pounds to be able to attack a team. Everything that happens on that pitch is MM department and he is failing on a weekly basis.

Except in our last two games where we passed the ball and attacked the opposition. Otherwise you're spot on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:05 - Apr 14 with 1380 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:59 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Except in our last two games where we passed the ball and attacked the opposition. Otherwise you're spot on.

2 games is not a season and on the whole, as you have seen, it has been below par.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:06 - Apr 14 with 1379 viewshoofer

A squad capable of finishing in the top ten? I think you haven't seen us play recently or through out the season or you wouldn't have said that .
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:10 - Apr 14 with 1361 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:57 - Apr 14 by Northern_Blue81

That's if you ignore things like injuries, landing transfer targets, poor refereeing and all the other incidentals.

It costs money to have adecent squad with depth. There's far more to it, than just "pass the ball" in reality. There's also the fact we are constantly getting weakened for different reasons and not balancing that out. As is no one will keep us here forever.

Login to get fewer ads

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:15 - Apr 14 with 1348 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:58 - Apr 14 by ClausThomsen

£7 million on Kevin Doyle, £3.5 million on Jamie O'Hara, £2.6 million on Nenad Milijas, £2.5 million on Ronald Zubar, Adlene Guardioura for £2 million (who he later had a bust up with and loaned out)... Steven Mouyokolo for £2.5 million, Greg Halford for £2 million, Stefan Maierhofer £1.8 million, Jelle Van Dam £2.5 million (who went home soon after due to "homesickness"), Roger Johnson for £4 million...

They you go sir.

Evans is to blame - he should've sacked Jewell long before we were in relegation trouble, and Mick straight after the Lincoln debacle.

What is it about Mick McCarthy that you're currently enjoying so much? He's the one organizing and motivating the team, a team compiled almost entirely of players he's signed over his 4 years. What direction do you think it's going?

edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's gone
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 10:09]

That's all one season? His total time? Who got him promoted, who kept him up who was in the relegated side? Who were the stinkers?

I'm not being funny but at least have a go at showing us all what you mean.

Let alone the ones out of there who were quality players. Johnson particularly was wanted here and at several other clubs for years after.

I'm actually off out and then on to the game. I'll give it a look tonight once you've laid it all out for us.

As for Mick it's pretty clear he's the best manager since Royle and similarly being hampered. This season is the outlier and the sooner it's over the better. I'd say the emergence of Kenlock and promise of Andre next season is the most enjoyable factor of this season.

Watching McGoldrick is never a chore and of course if Bishop can get his act together and Benyu make a mark then whoever comes in has something to work with at least.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:16 - Apr 14 with 1347 viewsHerbivore

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:05 - Apr 14 by Northern_Blue81

2 games is not a season and on the whole, as you have seen, it has been below par.

I've seen most of the season, results have been poor and performances have been patchy but ironically I think this season we've tried to play a better style of football but have lacked the personnel to do so and results have suffered. Kind of makes a mockery of all those people who said they'd accept poorer results if we were trying to play better football, seems they were lying.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:23 - Apr 14 with 1337 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:16 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

I've seen most of the season, results have been poor and performances have been patchy but ironically I think this season we've tried to play a better style of football but have lacked the personnel to do so and results have suffered. Kind of makes a mockery of all those people who said they'd accept poorer results if we were trying to play better football, seems they were lying.

Maybe we have been better in some games, Preston away i really enjoyed for some reason, but for me as a supporter, it has been a very difficult season with some very painful viewing.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:31 - Apr 14 with 1326 viewsHerbivore

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:23 - Apr 14 by Northern_Blue81

Maybe we have been better in some games, Preston away i really enjoyed for some reason, but for me as a supporter, it has been a very difficult season with some very painful viewing.

At times, yes. We started the season fairly well but it went downhill after Murphy left and then for most of the rest of 2016 we struggled. Injuries and the failure to replace Murphy clearly didn't help, we had an unfit Leon Best as our main striker at times and there's only so much you can do when that's the case. There were still some glimmers though, Burton at home and Sheffield Wednesday away for example, and then into December onwards we've tried to play better with some of our better players, notably Didz, back fit. Brizzle, Blackburn, Reading, Leeds, Wigan and QPR (second half) at home were all decent performances with better intent. Away at QPR (despite the end result), Brighton, Preston and Villa were also good performances. Even at Fulham we played some good stuff and really should have got right back into the game early in the second half.

People are bored after 15 years in this league and only one decent season in the last 10 and I think Mick is bearing the brunt of that. He should go at the end of the season for everyone's sake but there's a lot of revisionism and outright mistruth now about his tenure here and it's all rather unnecessary.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:31 - Apr 14 with 1326 viewsNo9

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:53 - Apr 13 by WadeyBlue

"More importantly the ability to play attractive football" . As usual everyone seemed to have missed the point.

Or would you be happy getting into the play offs playing the way we did 2 seasons ago?

Forget not that in the famous 'Play-Off' season MM still never managed to win 50% of league games which, let's face it just isn't good enough
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:34 - Apr 14 with 1320 viewsHerbivore

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:31 - Apr 14 by No9

Forget not that in the famous 'Play-Off' season MM still never managed to win 50% of league games which, let's face it just isn't good enough

You do talk some guff. Probably only 4 or 5 sides most seasons will achieve a 50% win rate. If that's your barometer of 'good enough' then you should probably support Chelsea.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:37 - Apr 14 with 1318 viewsNo9

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:34 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

You do talk some guff. Probably only 4 or 5 sides most seasons will achieve a 50% win rate. If that's your barometer of 'good enough' then you should probably support Chelsea.

In most businesses if you do not achieve at least 50% success rate you are considered a failure & would get the sack.

The fact that you readily accept lower standards is no excuse for under achievement.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:40 - Apr 14 with 1314 viewseMeM

I can blame ME for it. He sold Wickham, Cresswell, Mings, Murphy and failed to reinvest money in the team. Cheap transfers and loans doesn't count. I also blame him for selling Rhodes.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:42 - Apr 14 with 1311 viewsNo9

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:40 - Apr 14 by eMeM

I can blame ME for it. He sold Wickham, Cresswell, Mings, Murphy and failed to reinvest money in the team. Cheap transfers and loans doesn't count. I also blame him for selling Rhodes.

You don't think he woud take any notice of what team management advises?
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:58 - Apr 14 with 1292 viewsbackwaywhen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:24 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Not like you to present things dishonestly. Have a read of this. It gives both aspects, what I'd give for McCarthy to have the backing he did to get them up too.

http://www.wolvesfancast.com/mick-mccarthy-wolves/

Their is 2 comments at the bottom of that piece , the 2nd one is bang on the money ! ...same favourites playing the same way ( Badly) every week .
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 1269 viewsBenters

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:32 - Apr 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Nobody has said 10m have they?

But how about not selling our best players and replacing them with substitutes from forest green..

Surely Roger is a 'Gem'

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 12:39 - Apr 14 with 1269 viewsClausThomsen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:15 - Apr 14 by Mullet

That's all one season? His total time? Who got him promoted, who kept him up who was in the relegated side? Who were the stinkers?

I'm not being funny but at least have a go at showing us all what you mean.

Let alone the ones out of there who were quality players. Johnson particularly was wanted here and at several other clubs for years after.

I'm actually off out and then on to the game. I'll give it a look tonight once you've laid it all out for us.

As for Mick it's pretty clear he's the best manager since Royle and similarly being hampered. This season is the outlier and the sooner it's over the better. I'd say the emergence of Kenlock and promise of Andre next season is the most enjoyable factor of this season.

Watching McGoldrick is never a chore and of course if Bishop can get his act together and Benyu make a mark then whoever comes in has something to work with at least.

That was after promotion - he'd been there a few years and the chairman decided to back him to the hilt. And they got worse, ending in relegation. Whatever your thoughts on whether Mick would or wouldn't have been able to save them, they'd gone backwards and were right in the mix after spending all that money.

I don't want us to repeat Wolves' mistake.

Johnson was a cack signing, captaining the side to successive relegations and then having his contract terminated. £4 million was a lot of money in 2011. Can you defend any of the others? All expensive flops for me.

Mick has been our best manager since Royle, and like Royle he's had his time. Sheepshanks would've sacked Mick after Lincoln and rightly so. I'm excited about the young players coming through as well - but not under MM.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 1263 viewsClausThomsen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:58 - Apr 14 by backwaywhen

Their is 2 comments at the bottom of that piece , the 2nd one is bang on the money ! ...same favourites playing the same way ( Badly) every week .

"For me McCarthy’s ‘put a shift in’ tactics in the premiership weren’t easy on the eye and we were found out but it worked in the championship winning season with our flying wingers and SEB.

Also, with respect to giving youth a chance and building for the future, I think McCarthy was only interested in the here and now. In terms of a legacy we were left with nothing once he left, which is one of the reasons why we went into decline so fast.

It was this lack of interest in youth and homegrown players and not introducing a progressive football philosophy which is why McCartthy took as far as he could.

A great championship manager who gave us good memories but lacking the ideas and aptitude to adapt successfully in the premiership long term."

"I have to admit by the end I got tired of seeing the same core of players week in, week out, playing the same way — as we alternated between a tired 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 style. I remember how infuriating Mick could be with stubbornly accommodating Steven Ward, playing players out of position (defenders as wingers) and so on. The apparent tactic in the prem of buying the ‘stars’ of relegated teams (used to losing?), the occasional gamble on a foreign player, and odd cheap punts like Eggert Johnson left us with a bloated squad of average players. And we all know what happened next."
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:59 - Apr 14 with 1232 viewsHerbivore

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 10:37 - Apr 14 by No9

In most businesses if you do not achieve at least 50% success rate you are considered a failure & would get the sack.

The fact that you readily accept lower standards is no excuse for under achievement.

So you'd sack any manager with a less than 50% win ratio? You'd have shown Sir Alf and Sir Bobby the door in that case.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:15 - Apr 14 with 1216 viewsNo9

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:59 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

So you'd sack any manager with a less than 50% win ratio? You'd have shown Sir Alf and Sir Bobby the door in that case.

Dont forget MM is currently on 33% home (7) wins from games played this season = NOT good enough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024