Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Amsterdam 11:16 - May 4 with 2975 viewsfourpee

Hi all. I am going to be in Amsterdam when we play Forest on Sunday. Will they be a pub showing the town game with the dutch league playing the same day? Thank you.
Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:42 - May 4 with 2934 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Loads in the centre will mate. There's a sports bar with multiple screens just off Dam Sq.
Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:46 - May 4 with 2926 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:42 - May 4 by PrideOfTheEast

Loads in the centre will mate. There's a sports bar with multiple screens just off Dam Sq.

Was going to suggest the same.

Stand in the square at the statue and face the Kras Hotel. There's a street to the left of the hotel. Follow that down and it's about 400yrds on the left.

Screens everywhere.

EDIT: Before/after go back to Dam Square and take a right and follow the road down towards the canal. Just off the square there's a bar called Cafe Du Dam (Louis' Bar), you'll be well looked after. It's supposed to be Amsterdams' smallest bar but google says otherwise.

Louis' son was at the Newcastle match and came out to Kwan Thai afterwards with us. Nice family.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 12:16]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:51 - May 4 with 2909 viewsBluefish

Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:42 - May 4 by PrideOfTheEast

There is an overpriced sports bar where ropey birds dance on stools every now and again. They will show it. Can't remember the name but it is pretty central
[Post edited 4 May 2017 14:35]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pubs in Amsterdam on 12:44 - May 4 with 2853 viewsITFC_Forever

Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:46 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

Was going to suggest the same.

Stand in the square at the statue and face the Kras Hotel. There's a street to the left of the hotel. Follow that down and it's about 400yrds on the left.

Screens everywhere.

EDIT: Before/after go back to Dam Square and take a right and follow the road down towards the canal. Just off the square there's a bar called Cafe Du Dam (Louis' Bar), you'll be well looked after. It's supposed to be Amsterdams' smallest bar but google says otherwise.

Louis' son was at the Newcastle match and came out to Kwan Thai afterwards with us. Nice family.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 12:16]

Yep, this.

Follow the road off the left corner of the Sqaure as you look at the hotel, there's dozens down there that will show it.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pubs in Amsterdam on 12:56 - May 4 with 2828 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Banana Bar may be showing it. Probably. Not.
Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:00 - May 4 with 2827 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 12:56 - May 4 by OsborneOneNil

The Banana Bar may be showing it. Probably. Not.

I was on a stag trip once and we rocked up outside The Banana Bar.

The groom to be said "if any of you "naughty swear word, v naughty swear word & v v naughty swear words" try to get me in there, I'll rip your "v v naughty swear word" throats out".

We didn't go in.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:03 - May 4 with 2814 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:00 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

I was on a stag trip once and we rocked up outside The Banana Bar.

The groom to be said "if any of you "naughty swear word, v naughty swear word & v v naughty swear words" try to get me in there, I'll rip your "v v naughty swear word" throats out".

We didn't go in.

C.U?

"Rip your head off"

We then went to Suzies where upon he put on about 50 SKA tunes and then immediately went back to the hotel for a kip.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:05 - May 4 with 2797 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:03 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

C.U?

"Rip your head off"

We then went to Suzies where upon he put on about 50 SKA tunes and then immediately went back to the hotel for a kip.

C U indeed.

Sorry, I got "rip your throat out" and "rip your head off" mixed up.

He also growled at MH when he asked if he could have a non-Ska tune on the juke box in Suzies'.

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:07 - May 4 with 2784 viewsslump

If the Grasshopper is still alive and kicking, then I'd try there.

Mind you, it's been a decade since I last visted. I guess that I'm officially old!

UTT

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:08 - May 4 with 2776 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:07 - May 4 by slump

If the Grasshopper is still alive and kicking, then I'd try there.

Mind you, it's been a decade since I last visted. I guess that I'm officially old!

Still in operation and still attracting The British in droves.

The upside is that it will def have the Town game on as long as England aren't on cricketing duties.

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:20 - May 4 with 2746 viewsslump

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:08 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

Still in operation and still attracting The British in droves.

The upside is that it will def have the Town game on as long as England aren't on cricketing duties.

Exactly!

And then there is the Sports Bar next to the Bulldog on Leiderswhateversplienm and Coco's

None of them recommended by the way

UTT

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:38 - May 4 with 2719 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:05 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

C U indeed.

Sorry, I got "rip your throat out" and "rip your head off" mixed up.

He also growled at MH when he asked if he could have a non-Ska tune on the juke box in Suzies'.

What a trip that was, It was doomed from the boat out.

C.U set the pace on the boat out when he bet on both red and black on the roulette table.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:40 - May 4 with 2709 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:38 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

What a trip that was, It was doomed from the boat out.

C.U set the pace on the boat out when he bet on both red and black on the roulette table.

It was like he'd managed to cheat the system. You could see his mind working and planning a trip to Vegas..

Great trip indeed. Ipswich's finest out in force.

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:42 - May 4 with 2702 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:40 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

It was like he'd managed to cheat the system. You could see his mind working and planning a trip to Vegas..

Great trip indeed. Ipswich's finest out in force.

DF literally threw LR out of Franks bar
[Post edited 4 May 2017 13:55]

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:46 - May 4 with 2672 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:42 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

DF literally threw LR out of Franks bar
[Post edited 4 May 2017 13:55]

Threw*

Poll: Best Football Song

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:56 - May 4 with 2637 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:46 - May 4 by RoyKeanesDog

Threw*

Yes, apologies. Doing about ten things at once.

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:57 - May 4 with 2627 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Pubs in Amsterdam on 13:56 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, apologies. Doing about ten things at once.

Two*

Poll: Best Football Song

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:27 - May 4 with 2578 viewsBluefish

Pubs in Amsterdam on 11:51 - May 4 by Bluefish

There is an overpriced sports bar where ropey birds dance on stools every now and again. They will show it. Can't remember the name but it is pretty central
[Post edited 4 May 2017 14:35]

Teasers!

Bit of a dive but will have the footy on

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:31 - May 4 with 2561 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:27 - May 4 by Bluefish

Teasers!

Bit of a dive but will have the footy on

Why would anyone want to go to Amsterdam and go to Teasers?

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:34 - May 4 with 2543 viewsBluefish

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:31 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Why would anyone want to go to Amsterdam and go to Teasers?

To watch the bloody football obviously!

I didn't say it was a nice place or recommended

Anyway I'm going to speak with Hambo and get you banned. This place is supposed to be itfc related and doesn't need hoolis

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:35 - May 4 with 2537 viewsITFC1977

Cafe Remember is always a great shout.. Opens early, has good deals on pints, separate smoking room if anybody's indulging and is on the edge of the RLD if you get bored..
Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:39 - May 4 with 2517 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:35 - May 4 by ITFC1977

Cafe Remember is always a great shout.. Opens early, has good deals on pints, separate smoking room if anybody's indulging and is on the edge of the RLD if you get bored..

That's a good bar and handily situated over the road from Cafe De Pul (The Pint Bar) which is the latest opening (to the public) bar in The Dam. Good music - but doesn't open until 19.00

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:45 - May 4 with 2490 viewsyorkshireblue

I shall also be in Amsterdam this weekend along with 21 of my nearest and dearest, I'll give Cafe Du Dam a look. If I remember.
Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:47 - May 4 with 2476 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs in Amsterdam on 14:45 - May 4 by yorkshireblue

I shall also be in Amsterdam this weekend along with 21 of my nearest and dearest, I'll give Cafe Du Dam a look. If I remember.

Take a Town scarf

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024