Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cauley Woodrow 12:35 - May 15 with 2483 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Mentioned a little while ago I thought we might go back in for Woodrow.....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/15/report-ipswich-town-and-burton-albion-vying

Seemed to do ok at Burton and would be in our price range I suspect.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Cauley Woodrow on 12:39 - May 15 with 2452 viewsitfcjoe

He'd be a decent enough signing - we thought we had him in Jan but wanted a permanent deal whilst Fulham ended up wanting a loan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cauley Woodrow on 12:42 - May 15 with 2418 viewsKieran_Knows

Cauley Woodrow on 12:39 - May 15 by itfcjoe

He'd be a decent enough signing - we thought we had him in Jan but wanted a permanent deal whilst Fulham ended up wanting a loan

Interesting. Don't mind so much if it is a permanent deal, at least we know he's ours and can try develop him further etc.

For those who went to the Burton game last month, what was he like?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cauley Woodrow on 12:43 - May 15 with 2411 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Would definitely be an improvement over Moore and would give us that presence up front that we have been badly lacking since Murph left.

Be interesting to see what type of figure is banded about for him though- do you think it would be in £1 million bracket, more/less???

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Cauley Woodrow on 12:43 - May 15 with 2407 viewsJimmyJazz

If they wanted a loan only, presumably that was to determine if he's worth keeping / offering a new contract to. Don't think he pulled up many trees at Burton so don't think they would want to keep him, although don't think they have any strikers on their books.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Cauley Woodrow on 12:44 - May 15 with 2405 viewsitfcjoe

Cauley Woodrow on 12:42 - May 15 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting. Don't mind so much if it is a permanent deal, at least we know he's ours and can try develop him further etc.

For those who went to the Burton game last month, what was he like?

He's a bit more mobile than I thought, puts himself about but not as big as I thought he was.

Got some talent to him, not sure he'll ever be top class but would certainly improve us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cauley Woodrow on 13:56 - May 15 with 2250 viewsSWGF

Was impressed with him at the Burton away game. Scored goals for them, and took their freekicks didn't he?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cauley Woodrow on 14:41 - May 15 with 2140 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cauley Woodrow on 12:43 - May 15 by JimmyJazz

If they wanted a loan only, presumably that was to determine if he's worth keeping / offering a new contract to. Don't think he pulled up many trees at Burton so don't think they would want to keep him, although don't think they have any strikers on their books.

I would expect Fulham to be shopping in a different market regardless of what league they're in (McCormack money) and expect Woodrow to leave to make way for new players.

Definitely worth trying to get him on board, his record is pretty decent - 5 in 14 (11 starts) for Burton is better than any of our current lot could manage and seems to tick a lot of boxes - Young, athletic, chance to revive a once promising career.

I can't imagine Fulham would be asking for 7 figures and expect somewhere in the 500 - 900k region would be enough.
Cauley Woodrow on 15:07 - May 15 with 2075 viewsSomethingBlue

Cauley Woodrow on 12:44 - May 15 by itfcjoe

He's a bit more mobile than I thought, puts himself about but not as big as I thought he was.

Got some talent to him, not sure he'll ever be top class but would certainly improve us

Exactly the things I thought/noticed when looking at a few clips just now!

Wasn't keen on the loan idea but if we could get him in permanently I'd be happy — right age/profile/clearly has an eye for goal and can improve.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Cauley Woodrow on 15:26 - May 15 with 2022 viewstractorshark

I'd have him over Samuel. Underwhelmed by him so far. Ineffective and a little lazy, although I accept that might be rust.
Cauley Woodrow on 15:55 - May 15 with 1959 viewstheblueginger

Wasn't keen in Jan but he seemed to do well and prove some of us wrong to an extent.

Would be a decent signing (better than Samuel for instance) just as long as he isn't the only incoming striker this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024