Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
i really dont get mick 18:32 - Jun 28 with 7622 viewsITFC_Blood

If Gerken came in for 6 games he would be number 1?

No Mick Bart is the better GK and you play him when he is fit

Like saying if Messi was injured he wouldn't get back in the team

Great week for town, lets hope Bart stays and we sign a few more

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

i really dont get mick on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 6718 viewsSporall

That's not really what Mick has said though, is it ?
i really dont get mick on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 6714 viewsITFC_Blood

i really dont get mick on 18:39 - Jun 28 by Sporall

That's not really what Mick has said though, is it ?

yes read the article

i really dont get mick on 18:41 - Jun 28 with 6694 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just to be clear, we're moaning about things Mick said in January now?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

i really dont get mick on 19:18 - Jun 28 with 6628 viewsSporall

i really dont get mick on 18:39 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Blood

yes read the article

I did. The difference is, I understood it.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:18]
i really dont get mick on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 6579 viewsITFC_Blood

i really dont get mick on 18:41 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Just to be clear, we're moaning about things Mick said in January now?

No not Jan, today

"He’s been very unfortunate,” the Town boss said. “If anything happened to Bart and he got in for five, six, seven games and he played like he has in the past, he’d end up being first choice because that’s always been the case.

i really dont get mick on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 6573 viewsITFC_Blood

i really dont get mick on 19:18 - Jun 28 by Sporall

I did. The difference is, I understood it.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:18]

Please explain, you are obviously very intelligent

"He’s been very unfortunate,” the Town boss said. “If anything happened to Bart and he got in for five, six, seven games and he played like he has in the past, he’d end up being first choice because that’s always been the case"

i really dont get mick on 19:34 - Jun 28 with 6547 viewsSporall

i really dont get mick on 19:28 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Blood

"He’s been very unfortunate,” the Town boss said. “If anything happened to Bart and he got in for five, six, seven games and he played like he has in the past, he’d end up being first choice because that’s always been the case"

Try reading the next paragraph.
i really dont get mick on 20:04 - Jun 28 with 6477 viewschristiand

Gerken has shown that he is an able deputy for a few games, then the mistakes begin to creep into his performances and he's not commanding enough on crosses. You can see the difference in confidence that Bart gives the defence that's not luck, the players know who the No.1 is regardless of what MM thinks or says. I believe MM likes Gerken as a person and the qualities he brings, but from a professional point of view there's a reason he has been second choice for most of his club career.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

i really dont get mick on 20:10 - Jun 28 with 6456 viewsconnorscontract

I think he's just saying something nice about a decent professional who has had to accept that he may not play a League game all season, but has signed the contract extension.

It's just a platitude.
i really dont get mick on 20:18 - Jun 28 with 6419 viewsTractorWood

MM always massages Gerken's ego. It's called man management. We need him on side if Bart is injured or sold.

He's not been unlucky, Bart is clearly the better keeper. It's like putting an ice cream outside on a hot day and saying it's unlucky when it melts.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

i really dont get mick on 08:39 - Jun 29 with 6238 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No not Jan, today

"He’s been very unfortunate,” the Town boss said. “If anything happened to Bart and he got in for five, six, seven games and he played like he has in the past, he’d end up being first choice because that’s always been the case.

You obviously missed the bit in today's article that said "Speaking back then, McCarthy said..."

i really dont get mick on 08:52 - Jun 29 with 6200 viewschislehurstblue

i really dont get mick on 08:39 - Jun 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You obviously missed the bit in today's article that said "Speaking back then, McCarthy said..."

some of our fans are stupid, that's the issue. They have no idea about how to manage people in football or in life.

What they think MM should say is "Gerken has no chance of being our number 1 keeper. If Bart misses 3, 5, or 10 games it doesnt matter how well Gerken plays, he is straight out of the team as soon as Bart is fit."

Because thats great for Gerkens confidence and will see him play to his full ability should he get any games for the first team.

I dont know why I just dont use this forum in my own personal development at work, some people on here know it all.
i really dont get mick on 09:10 - Jun 29 with 6142 views26_Paz

He's just trying to give the pickle a bit of confidence. If he'd said 'Bart is my No 1 and this sh1t muncher is only going to play if Bart is mortally wounded' it would hardly inspire him to train hard / be a good influence around the club.
In any event Pickle is OK, he's not as good as Bart, but OK. Pickle is probably a middle range Championship Keeper whereas Bart is one of the best. If Bart is injured for a month or so it wont be a disaster.
If we sell Bart I'd be quite happy to have Pickle as No 1. Like I say he's a decent Championship Keeper and the money would be better spent elsewhere.

The Paz Man

i really dont get mick on 09:12 - Jun 29 with 6134 viewsNo9

After last season the less MM says the better
Let his teams performances do the speaking
i really dont get mick on 09:15 - Jun 29 with 6127 viewschislehurstblue

i really dont get mick on 09:12 - Jun 29 by No9

After last season the less MM says the better
Let his teams performances do the speaking

I would say that the fans also need to take a step back. Looking to beat MM with a stick with every word he speaks in every interview he gives is going to help anyone. Its no wonder he got annoyed.
i really dont get mick on 09:19 - Jun 29 with 6110 viewschristiand

i really dont get mick on 08:52 - Jun 29 by chislehurstblue

some of our fans are stupid, that's the issue. They have no idea about how to manage people in football or in life.

What they think MM should say is "Gerken has no chance of being our number 1 keeper. If Bart misses 3, 5, or 10 games it doesnt matter how well Gerken plays, he is straight out of the team as soon as Bart is fit."

Because thats great for Gerkens confidence and will see him play to his full ability should he get any games for the first team.

I dont know why I just dont use this forum in my own personal development at work, some people on here know it all.

My issue with MM on this topic, is he is far more forthcoming with positive comments towards Gerken, than he is with Bart. Whether that's good management or not I'm not sure? If I was Bart, it would really aggravate me!

i really dont get mick on 09:23 - Jun 29 with 6098 viewsmonty_radio

i really dont get mick on 09:15 - Jun 29 by chislehurstblue

I would say that the fans also need to take a step back. Looking to beat MM with a stick with every word he speaks in every interview he gives is going to help anyone. Its no wonder he got annoyed.

I don't think it's usually fans "beating him with a stick". It's more responding to the challenge he throws down. Yes, he's bigging up Gerks to show him he's a good'un, but the equating with Bart is one more of Mick's dares. Gerks would know the truth anyway if he's the sensible chap he's said to be. Mick likes to get his retaliation in first.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

i really dont get mick on 09:24 - Jun 29 with 6090 views26_Paz

i really dont get mick on 09:19 - Jun 29 by christiand

My issue with MM on this topic, is he is far more forthcoming with positive comments towards Gerken, than he is with Bart. Whether that's good management or not I'm not sure? If I was Bart, it would really aggravate me!

Bart is playing every week so doesn't need his ego massaged. It must be a bit demoralising for Gerkin sitting on the bench week after week watching Bart have great games and knowing that his chances of playing are very slim, hence the odd word here and there from MM to keep his chin up.

The Paz Man

i really dont get mick on 09:24 - Jun 29 with 6090 viewsPJH

i really dont get mick on 09:19 - Jun 29 by christiand

On the other hand maybe Bart and Gerks are different personalities and Gerks needs to be told that he is wanted from time to time and Bart just knows that he is wanted.
i really dont get mick on 09:26 - Jun 29 with 6083 viewschristiand

i really dont get mick on 09:24 - Jun 29 by PJH

On the other hand maybe Bart and Gerks are different personalities and Gerks needs to be told that he is wanted from time to time and Bart just knows that he is wanted.

Yes, you could be right PJH. Perhaps I am more like Gerken (based on your theory) and need a bit of TLC now and again?

i really dont get mick on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 5957 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

i really dont get mick on 09:26 - Jun 29 by christiand

Yes, you could be right PJH. Perhaps I am more like Gerken (based on your theory) and need a bit of TLC now and again?

Don't worry, you're a wonderful poster and will be sure to get a run of up arrows soon

i really dont get mick on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 5954 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

i really dont get mick on 09:23 - Jun 29 by monty_radio

I don't think it's usually fans "beating him with a stick". It's more responding to the challenge he throws down. Yes, he's bigging up Gerks to show him he's a good'un, but the equating with Bart is one more of Mick's dares. Gerks would know the truth anyway if he's the sensible chap he's said to be. Mick likes to get his retaliation in first.

Do you ever think you may have read far too much into things?

i really dont get mick on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 5925 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, he should say he's crap but only a back up and lets just pray nothing happens to Bart or we're fecked with this mug in goal.

*sigh*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

i really dont get mick on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 5897 viewsBluebell

It will be interesting to see who gets the No 1 shirt this season. It has always been Gerken's with Bart at 33.

Perhaps 33 means something to Bart.
i really dont get mick on 11:59 - Jun 29 with 5883 viewsJ2BLUE

i really dont get mick on 11:51 - Jun 29 by Bluebell

It will be interesting to see who gets the No 1 shirt this season. It has always been Gerken's with Bart at 33.

Perhaps 33 means something to Bart.

I bet that won't change. It's fairly meaningless anyway. Barring injury or sale Bart will surely start the first game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024