Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cover versions in a different language to the original... 17:57 - Jul 7 with 5380 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 18:00 - Jul 7 with 5374 viewsunbelievablue

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 5352 viewsemergencylime

Bending the rules a bit i know, but the last part is in Deutsche to bring it full circle.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 18:36 - Jul 7 with 5341 viewsFKA_tomtheblue

Seu Jorge's Portuguese acoustic covers of Bowie

[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 18:36]

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
Poll: TWTDs best couple?

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 19:20 - Jul 7 with 5313 viewshorsehollerer

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 21:57 - Jul 7 with 5253 viewsPendejo

L'Anarchie Pour Le UK

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:05 - Jul 7 with 5241 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:27 - Jul 7 with 5236 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 18:36 - Jul 7 by FKA_tomtheblue

Ah, yes - how could I have forgotten this when I should be seeing him perform these very songs next month at WOMAD...

Staying with Brazil:

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:29 - Jul 7 with 5234 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 18:36 - Jul 7 by FKA_tomtheblue

Oh well, posted a different version by mistake instead of editing the first post when I saw a clip that better explained that at least some of the lyrics were in Portuguese. But he is a mate of Pele, and Bob liked a kick about so maybe I can be forgiven on a football forum...Have Town ever signed a Brazilian player?

[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:32 - Jul 7 with 5230 viewsStokieBlue

Does a cover version with no language count?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:48 - Jul 7 with 5221 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:32 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Does a cover version with no language count?

SB

Having heard Rodrigo sing I think the acoustic stuff is more appropriate, he wasn't out of tune or anything but not quite the stage presence to bring it off at the Royal Albert Hall (and I cannot even remember which standard he sang, it wasn't Stairway').

You've been to Central America, haven't you? Need a reminder of the music on the chicken buses:

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:54 - Jul 7 with 5215 viewsStokieBlue

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:48 - Jul 7 by WeWereZombies

Having heard Rodrigo sing I think the acoustic stuff is more appropriate, he wasn't out of tune or anything but not quite the stage presence to bring it off at the Royal Albert Hall (and I cannot even remember which standard he sang, it wasn't Stairway').

You've been to Central America, haven't you? Need a reminder of the music on the chicken buses:

Good memory! I've been to Guatemala and Belize but I'm too old for chicken buses now so I missed that. Don't get that many holidays so the ones I get are going to be done in comfort.

The chicken buses looked totally insane and the missus has confirmed they are nuts.

I didn't even know Rodrigo sang - I'll stick to the acoustic stuff.

Where did you go in Central America?

SB

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:15 - Jul 7 with 5206 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 22:54 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Good memory! I've been to Guatemala and Belize but I'm too old for chicken buses now so I missed that. Don't get that many holidays so the ones I get are going to be done in comfort.

The chicken buses looked totally insane and the missus has confirmed they are nuts.

I didn't even know Rodrigo sang - I'll stick to the acoustic stuff.

Where did you go in Central America?

SB

Flew into Guatemala City and then chicken bus up to Quetzeltenango for a couple of weeks Spanish school before, mainly, chicken bus up to Tikal - across to Belize, back down to the south of Guatemala and onto Honduras, in and out of El Salvador before following a more or less southwards route through Nicaragua and Costa Rica to fly out of Panama City.

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:19 - Jul 7 with 5205 viewsStokieBlue

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:15 - Jul 7 by WeWereZombies

Flew into Guatemala City and then chicken bus up to Quetzeltenango for a couple of weeks Spanish school before, mainly, chicken bus up to Tikal - across to Belize, back down to the south of Guatemala and onto Honduras, in and out of El Salvador before following a more or less southwards route through Nicaragua and Costa Rica to fly out of Panama City.

Sounds great!

That's a long chicken bus journey up to Tikal though!

Wish I had the time for such a trip, guess it will have to wait for retirement now.

SB

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:35 - Jul 7 with 5201 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:19 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Sounds great!

That's a long chicken bus journey up to Tikal though!

Wish I had the time for such a trip, guess it will have to wait for retirement now.

SB

I was 53 when we did that trip and it wasn't too bad but not sure I would want to repeat it eight or so years on. That being said I might be going back to Panama early next year as my son looks to have a regular gig for a few weeks each year there for the foreseeable future, but this time I should slow down and concentrate on just a couple of places. The bus up to Tikal was indeed an arduous day, what with a river crossing halfway and a another bus changeover later on. But definitely worth it, Tikal is a mighty complex and just a little vertigo inducing in places. Copan Ruinas just over the border in Honduras at the other end of Guatemala is equally captivating.

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:47 - Jul 7 with 5196 viewsStokieBlue

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:35 - Jul 7 by WeWereZombies

I was 53 when we did that trip and it wasn't too bad but not sure I would want to repeat it eight or so years on. That being said I might be going back to Panama early next year as my son looks to have a regular gig for a few weeks each year there for the foreseeable future, but this time I should slow down and concentrate on just a couple of places. The bus up to Tikal was indeed an arduous day, what with a river crossing halfway and a another bus changeover later on. But definitely worth it, Tikal is a mighty complex and just a little vertigo inducing in places. Copan Ruinas just over the border in Honduras at the other end of Guatemala is equally captivating.

Impressive stuff, I didn't have the time but even if I did I am not sure at even my relatively young age I could be bothered with the chicken bus. We flew up to Tikal from Guatemala city and also flew from west Belize to the Caye.

Tikal is wonderful, better than Machu Picchu in my opinion and even more impressive for being 1000 years older. I preferred Angkor over both of them though, a wonderful place and well worth a visit if you have the time and inclination. Ancient history used to be one of my things but I've waned in more recent years.

Sounds like you have a ready made trip to Panama, would be a shame not to go.

SB

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 00:01 - Jul 8 with 5188 viewsWeWereZombies

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 23:47 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Impressive stuff, I didn't have the time but even if I did I am not sure at even my relatively young age I could be bothered with the chicken bus. We flew up to Tikal from Guatemala city and also flew from west Belize to the Caye.

Tikal is wonderful, better than Machu Picchu in my opinion and even more impressive for being 1000 years older. I preferred Angkor over both of them though, a wonderful place and well worth a visit if you have the time and inclination. Ancient history used to be one of my things but I've waned in more recent years.

Sounds like you have a ready made trip to Panama, would be a shame not to go.

SB

I did five days at Angkor Wat back in 2004 and the Inca Trail ending up at Machu Picchu in 2001, all different and I'm not sure I could place one above the other (and each trip was slightly different too, the walk in Peru arrived at Machu Picchu around seven thirty so before the hordes got there, having our own three wheeler driver on call for five days so we ranged far and wide around Angkor - so many satellite sites). But we have amazing stuff in Britain - Avebury, for example. And then there is Stanton Drew near Bristol - which does require a bit more imagination. Up here there is Callanish on the Isle of Lewis which is pretty much on the same scale. And then on Orkney you have Skara Brae and another bunch of stuff over in Ireland.

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 00:10 - Jul 8 with 5184 viewsStokieBlue

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 00:01 - Jul 8 by WeWereZombies

I did five days at Angkor Wat back in 2004 and the Inca Trail ending up at Machu Picchu in 2001, all different and I'm not sure I could place one above the other (and each trip was slightly different too, the walk in Peru arrived at Machu Picchu around seven thirty so before the hordes got there, having our own three wheeler driver on call for five days so we ranged far and wide around Angkor - so many satellite sites). But we have amazing stuff in Britain - Avebury, for example. And then there is Stanton Drew near Bristol - which does require a bit more imagination. Up here there is Callanish on the Isle of Lewis which is pretty much on the same scale. And then on Orkney you have Skara Brae and another bunch of stuff over in Ireland.

You've got some really great travelling in there.

I did the Inca trail as well but unfortunately it was cloudy so we couldn't see anything from the sun gate. I actually preferred the hike and the other ruins on the way to Machu Picchu itself, especially when all the train passengers turned up later.

We did the same at Angkor, 5 days around the temples with a driver - as you say, there are so many sites, the complex is vast. My favourite was his temple to his dad - Preah Khan.

I love Avebury, far more accessible than Stonehenge and a really lovely walk.

I've not done any of the neolithic sites in Scotland, hopefully I'll get a chance one day though. There are quite a few places I'd still like to go like but all a bit too ropey to go to at the moment.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 0:11]

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 00:17 - Jul 8 with 5179 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poll: W or W

Cover versions in a different language to the original... on 01:28 - Jul 8 with 5170 viewssyntaxerror

Posted before, but fits this thread more
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024