Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mings or Cresswell 01:10 - Jul 25 with 8237 viewsCurrie10

Someone posted about Rhodes or Wickham the other day.

So who did you prefer at LB for us? Cressy for me. Mings class on his day but when he was bad he was very bad. Cardiff away 14/15 3-1 loss springs to mind.
Mings or Cresswell on 22:28 - Jul 25 with 1413 viewsbournemouthblue

Mings or Cresswell on 08:27 - Jul 25 by tcblue

Cresswell left us a complete player. Mings - although I love the bloke - arrived as a raw athlete, made a truly startling improvement but was definitely still very raw when he left.

And that's why I think there was such a big difference in fees, Mings had unknown potential, had he carried on improving even at half speed...well, sadly he didn't

mainly through injury, I'm sure he'll come good again

Why Howe is playing him at centre back however is anyone's guess

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mings or Cresswell on 12:30 - Jul 26 with 1370 viewsCurrie10

Mings or Cresswell on 18:04 - Jul 25 by judespiveyg

100% Mings. While Cresswell is one of if not the best crossers in English football, Mings was a phenomenal attacker and was everything a modern fullback should be. Mings also helped Tabb look good as Tabb could cover while Mings bombed down the wing. Other than his crossing, Cresswell was not much better than Kenlock in my opinion.

I would say Tabb got shoved left wing to help protect Ming's naivemess more so. No way Mick would have put a left winger infront of positionally suspect MIngs.
Mings or Cresswell on 14:42 - Jul 26 with 1354 viewsJimmy86

Mings or Cresswell on 12:30 - Jul 26 by Currie10

I would say Tabb got shoved left wing to help protect Ming's naivemess more so. No way Mick would have put a left winger infront of positionally suspect MIngs.

That's also what made Berra look so good for us in the play off season. He was having to bail out Mings every game. Wolves away Berra was fantastic and constantly covered Mings
Mings or Cresswell on 14:54 - Jul 26 with 1346 viewstheblueginger

Cressy by a mile. Our most consistent player for 3 seasons and a cut above most of the Championship.

Mings was excellent for half a season and then began to get found out as people exploited his inexperience and decision-making. His size, power, and Christophe Berra is what often bailed him out.
Mings or Cresswell on 22:20 - Jul 26 with 1308 viewsrexron

Mings for me. Very unlucky start in Bournemouth but hopefully hes injuries are over.

Poll: Who would you prefer as manager for Ipswich Town?

Mings or Cresswell on 22:39 - Jul 26 with 1299 viewstcblue

Have to say the person I saw digging Mings out of his positional problems most often was Mings.

Boy can run. His athleticism got him out of jail a lot. And the team generally, come to that...seem to remember a good few times he grew a third lung and caught strikers through on goal
Mings or Cresswell on 22:44 - Jul 26 with 1294 viewsxrayspecs

How much would we have got for them had we sold them this summer?

Cressy - 15m+
Mings - 8m?
Mings or Cresswell on 02:46 - Jul 27 with 1273 viewsCurrie10

Mings or Cresswell on 14:42 - Jul 26 by Jimmy86

That's also what made Berra look so good for us in the play off season. He was having to bail out Mings every game. Wolves away Berra was fantastic and constantly covered Mings

He was yes.

Mings positional sense left a lot to be desired. Going forwards he was a Rolls Royce but defensively, in particular 2-0 at Norwich his tracking back was embarrassing. Didn't seem to have any urgency when they were breaking. Him and Tommy Smith were having words about this.

I thought Tabb/ Berra did an outstanding job of covering his weaknesses.

Not to say he didn't have positives!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024