Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many games will McCarthy get... 15:23 - Aug 1 with 8350 viewsblueblood66

before Evans sacks him?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 15:23]
How many games will McCarthy get... on 09:17 - Aug 2 with 1340 viewsTLA

I think people who have said the whole season are right. ME will let him see out his contract but I don't think he'll extend the deal unless we have a good season, which doesn't feel likely in all honesty.

I like Mick - I met him last week and he seemed like a good bloke (I know that's different from being a good manager)! I think with better backing, he could do OK but I think something has to change. It's not going to be ME and I think he'll look for a cheaper option at the end of the season.

I just hope that option is young, hungry and gets his teams playing great football, regardless of the quality of players!
How many games will McCarthy get... on 09:20 - Aug 2 with 1335 viewsWadeyBlue

He won't, as MM will be the right person to get us out of league 1 next season.....

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

How many games will McCarthy get... on 09:23 - Aug 2 with 1328 viewsblue_oyster

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

How many games will McCarthy get... on 11:33 - Aug 2 with 1275 viewsBluetone

Evans intention was to come in bung in a few million, get a big name manager and guarantee promotion and then to cut and run.

It went wrong now he is stuck with an unwanted loss making investment.

Not a rosy outlook for our club.

Blog: My Life and Times as an Ipswich Supporter

How many games will McCarthy get... on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 1272 viewsVic

How many games will McCarthy get... on 09:15 - Aug 2 by dirtyboy

That's probably quite unfair to be honest, when Evans turned up he backed Keane quite heavily, I don't think anyone can deny that can they?

You have to learn from mistakes and as a businessman, you don't make them twice.

You also have to work within an affordable budget, that's where we are at the moment, sitting within Evan's affordable budget, which sadly, as is plain to see, isn't going to see us be competitive bar a little luck with the acedemy and the odd signing and loan.

Line those stars up and we'll be okay, otherwise, it's just going to be a long hard slog for another generation at least.

"..... bar a little luck with the acedemy and the odd signing and loan."

I reckon the Academy is beginning to do a pretty good job again - Dozzel, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam, Fowler, Miller, are all beginning to push into the first team squad - some showing real promise. What we really, really need is a couple of decent forwards to come through.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How many games will McCarthy get... on 12:17 - Aug 2 with 1264 viewshampstead_blue

He will be gone before the January window opens.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How many games will McCarthy get... on 18:22 - Aug 2 with 1217 viewsPilgrimblue

How many games will McCarthy get... on 11:40 - Aug 2 by Vic

"..... bar a little luck with the acedemy and the odd signing and loan."

I reckon the Academy is beginning to do a pretty good job again - Dozzel, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam, Fowler, Miller, are all beginning to push into the first team squad - some showing real promise. What we really, really need is a couple of decent forwards to come through.

I agree and maybe Nash will be best and cheapest to take team on to better things. I like his style and he'll have great understanding with the younger players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024