Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? 13:11 - Sep 8 with 15727 viewsgiant_stow

How you finding the first week?

Ours has just come back with a homework work ffs! Bit early for that innit? The uniform was one thing, 3 times a day prayers another (!), but homework?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:16 - Sep 8 with 7828 viewsjpr_23

My little girl has just started, but only done two mornings this week as part of a staggered start.

She's loving it and is frustrated that she doesn't get to go every day yet! No sign of any homework?

What are they expecting yours to do?

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:17 - Sep 8 with 7825 viewshype313

Ridiculous.

This video is brilliant.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:19 - Sep 8 with 7805 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:16 - Sep 8 by jpr_23

My little girl has just started, but only done two mornings this week as part of a staggered start.

She's loving it and is frustrated that she doesn't get to go every day yet! No sign of any homework?

What are they expecting yours to do?

Nice one that yours is so keen! Ours is liking it too, although knackered even though he's also just doing mornings (4 this week).

The homework is mostly for us! We have to read for him and then note it in his homework book. Not much, but he's 4!!!

I'm fearful we picked the wrong place.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:20 - Sep 8 with 7801 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:17 - Sep 8 by hype313

Ridiculous.

This video is brilliant.

I'm not sure I want to watch that!

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:23 - Sep 8 with 7785 viewsitfcjoe

Homework at primary school is just ridiculous, I never had any and I'm not 'that' old

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:24 - Sep 8 with 7777 viewshype313

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:20 - Sep 8 by giant_stow

I'm not sure I want to watch that!

It's really worth a watch

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:28 - Sep 8 with 7759 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:23 - Sep 8 by itfcjoe

Homework at primary school is just ridiculous, I never had any and I'm not 'that' old

I agree, but most of the places we looked at had some.form of it - may just be modern standards I spose. I thought it would at least be when he was older.

Hype, ok I'll watch and feel jealous!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 13:29]

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:30 - Sep 8 with 7749 viewsWD19

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:23 - Sep 8 by itfcjoe

Mine do/did far more homework at primary school than I ever did for my GCSEs and A levels.

.......but maybe that says more about me....
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:31 - Sep 8 with 7742 viewsClapham_Junction

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:19 - Sep 8 by giant_stow

Nice one that yours is so keen! Ours is liking it too, although knackered even though he's also just doing mornings (4 this week).

The homework is mostly for us! We have to read for him and then note it in his homework book. Not much, but he's 4!!!

I'm fearful we picked the wrong place.

I was more shocked by prayers three times a day. What on earth?
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 7735 viewsSwansea_Blue

Reading isn't really homework. It's just something that should be done imo, every day. We aim to sit down with both of ours every day - we read to them initially and then when they were old enough, they began reading to us. That's 4 sessions a day, as they read in Welsh to their mum and in Suffolk to me. Never to early to start good habits with reading. We weren't strict enough with our eldest and it's a real struggle with him now.

I'd be twitching about prayers 3 times a day though.

And look on the bright side - the poor mite could have been asked to draw up a family tree!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:33 - Sep 8 with 7732 viewschicoazul

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:17 - Sep 8 by hype313

Ridiculous.

This video is brilliant.

Finland there, with it's famously in-demand universities. People are falling over themselves and turning down Edinburgh and Cambridge to go to Helsinki!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:34 - Sep 8 with 7724 viewsleftback

My youngest has started this week and there are tears every morning, thing is he only turned 4 a couple of weeks ago, just seems so young! He got an invite to a girl in his class 5th birthday party today so nearly a year between them, such a difference at that age.
We can still choose and debating whether to send him half or full days
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:35 - Sep 8 with 7718 viewsWD19

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:33 - Sep 8 by chicoazul

Finland there, with it's famously in-demand universities. People are falling over themselves and turning down Edinburgh and Cambridge to go to Helsinki!

Next you will be telling me that Finland has one of the highest suicide rates in the world....
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:36 - Sep 8 with 7714 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:32 - Sep 8 by Swansea_Blue

Reading isn't really homework. It's just something that should be done imo, every day. We aim to sit down with both of ours every day - we read to them initially and then when they were old enough, they began reading to us. That's 4 sessions a day, as they read in Welsh to their mum and in Suffolk to me. Never to early to start good habits with reading. We weren't strict enough with our eldest and it's a real struggle with him now.

And look on the bright side - the poor mite could have been asked to draw up a family tree!

brute!

Yeah, the praying was a surprise - I'm kind of 51% Christian, but mrs ullaa is strictly atheist and is having huge second thoughts. gulp.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:37 - Sep 8 with 7704 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:31 - Sep 8 by Clapham_Junction

I was more shocked by prayers three times a day. What on earth?

one on arrival, one for lunch and one just before leaving.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:38 - Sep 8 with 7700 viewschicoazul

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:32 - Sep 8 by Swansea_Blue

The trouble is you will be amazed at how few parents do read with their kids, to the point where many schools make reading "homework" in order to push parents into doing it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:38 - Sep 8 with 7701 viewsbaxterbasics

Unfortunately schools are having to set a reading schedule these days because so many modern parents wouldn't bother with it otherwise.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 7694 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:34 - Sep 8 by leftback

My youngest has started this week and there are tears every morning, thing is he only turned 4 a couple of weeks ago, just seems so young! He got an invite to a girl in his class 5th birthday party today so nearly a year between them, such a difference at that age.
We can still choose and debating whether to send him half or full days

sorry to hear that, but I'm sure its totally normal. Nice to have made a little buddy already at least. They do seem so young for all this, I agree.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 7690 viewschicoazul

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:35 - Sep 8 by WD19

Next you will be telling me that Finland has one of the highest suicide rates in the world....

All those Finnish engineers and mathematicians changing the world too. And it's not like Nokia is a basket case either.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 7690 viewshype313

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:35 - Sep 8 by WD19

Next you will be telling me Finland is the 5th most happiest nation to live in.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:42 - Sep 8 with 7684 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:38 - Sep 8 by baxterbasics

Unfortunately schools are having to set a reading schedule these days because so many modern parents wouldn't bother with it otherwise.

blimey, i thought every parent was reading mr men books (with their annoying repetitive style) each night,

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:44 - Sep 8 with 7667 viewsClapham_Junction

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:37 - Sep 8 by giant_stow

one on arrival, one for lunch and one just before leaving.

Very depressing to see kids still being forcefed this stuff in the 21st century.
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:47 - Sep 8 with 7652 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:44 - Sep 8 by Clapham_Junction

Very depressing to see kids still being forcefed this stuff in the 21st century.

Yeah, I can understand that, but in fairness to the school, we knew it was Christian - we just judged all the positive things about it to be too important to ignore. That might turn out to have been an error. gawd.

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 7637 viewsSonOfSpock

The youngest Spock started Wednesday,also still 4 years old.i think they're currently finding it overwhelming. Hopefully things will be better next few days.

My other 2 Spock's have always had reading homework and a weekly spelling test as time progresses but nothing more than that.

I don't think there's anything legally obliging homework completion however.
Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:51 - Sep 8 with 7628 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else with a 4 year old year old who's just started primary school? on 13:50 - Sep 8 by SonOfSpock

The youngest Spock started Wednesday,also still 4 years old.i think they're currently finding it overwhelming. Hopefully things will be better next few days.

My other 2 Spock's have always had reading homework and a weekly spelling test as time progresses but nothing more than that.

I don't think there's anything legally obliging homework completion however.

Best of luck to the little Spock - I shat myself enough on turning up to Uni for at least a few weeks, so what it must be like to handle that at 4... I can't remember, but has to be tough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024