Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! 16:37 - Oct 17 with 33341 viewsBergholtBru

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/education/forest-gate-primary-school-apolog

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 3605 viewsjeera

This is one of your dafter attempts.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 3602 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:33 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

And yet, going back to the origional post, why did the school headteacher issue an apology?

“I apologise on behalf of the school for Friday’s unauthorised letter and the offence caused,” he said.

Well, he said it was because some people were offended?

So, he apologised, because they had upset some people and regretted it.

Isn't that how apologies usually work?

I'm still confused though. If you think the school shouldn't teach this kind of thing, why aren't you happy it got cancelled?

It seems like you don't think it should be taught because kids should be taught the glory of the British Empire instead. But if it upsets the right people, then it is political correctness gone mad that it can't be taught.

See what I mean?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:38]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 3599 viewsJ2BLUE

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Sorry, but do you actually think I`m being serious?

Yes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:37 - Oct 17 with 3594 viewsDarth_Koont

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:28 - Oct 17 by imsureazzure

I think the teachers are missing their targets by miles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/history-channel-poll-britain-no-wonder-we-vo

Nothing to do with teachers though is it. That's a sign of a proportion of the population that doesn't believe in knowledge and takes pride in its own ignorance.

Particularly applicable to some of the "old school" characters on here rather than an indictment of modern teaching.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:42 - Oct 17 with 3572 viewsimsureazzure

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:30 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Did you find a source for your Arctic ice claims yet?

NASA ok?

More Arctic sea ice than in 2012, check status and trends, so by any reckoning it has grown, now run along and don't hijack threads.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/SeaIce/page3.php
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:43]
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:44 - Oct 17 with 3568 viewsnoggin

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

I think they would be better off teaching the kids proper history, Battle of Agincourt, Waterloo etc and how the British Empire civilised the world. Next thing they`ll be making white kids apologise to their black counterparts for the slave trade.

Wow! (I don't know what else to say)

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:46 - Oct 17 with 3558 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:37 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

Nothing to do with teachers though is it. That's a sign of a proportion of the population that doesn't believe in knowledge and takes pride in its own ignorance.

Particularly applicable to some of the "old school" characters on here rather than an indictment of modern teaching.

Actually I think modern teaching has a lot to be said for it. You only have to witness the behaviour of kids nowadays compared to, say 15/20 years ago. They seem much more respectful, confident etc than previous. I assume modern teaching has something to do with that. But that is different to attempting to rewrite history and the attempted political indocrination of kids by a few teachers with maybe an agenda of their own.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 3546 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:36 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

“I apologise on behalf of the school for Friday’s unauthorised letter and the offence caused,” he said.

Well, he said it was because some people were offended?

So, he apologised, because they had upset some people and regretted it.

Isn't that how apologies usually work?

I'm still confused though. If you think the school shouldn't teach this kind of thing, why aren't you happy it got cancelled?

It seems like you don't think it should be taught because kids should be taught the glory of the British Empire instead. But if it upsets the right people, then it is political correctness gone mad that it can't be taught.

See what I mean?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:38]

No I don`t see what you mean!

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:50 - Oct 17 with 3536 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

I think they would be better off teaching the kids proper history, Battle of Agincourt, Waterloo etc and how the British Empire civilised the world. Next thing they`ll be making white kids apologise to their black counterparts for the slave trade.

Ah yes, the wonderful British empire. Oh how we invaded, murdered, raped and pillaged the world into civilisation. We should be so proud of this fine history of ours.
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 3531 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:46 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Actually I think modern teaching has a lot to be said for it. You only have to witness the behaviour of kids nowadays compared to, say 15/20 years ago. They seem much more respectful, confident etc than previous. I assume modern teaching has something to do with that. But that is different to attempting to rewrite history and the attempted political indocrination of kids by a few teachers with maybe an agenda of their own.

I thought that sounded familiar...You're not are you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4194048/KATIE-HOPKINS-liberal-brainwashi
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:55 - Oct 17 with 3509 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:42 - Oct 17 by imsureazzure

NASA ok?

More Arctic sea ice than in 2012, check status and trends, so by any reckoning it has grown, now run along and don't hijack threads.

Did you read that? Did you look at the graphs?

"Between 1979 and 2015, the average monthly extent for September declined by 13.4 percent per decade. In every geographic area, in every month, and every season, Arctic sea ice extent is lower today than it was during the 1980s and 1990s"

The conclusion from your article...

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/SeaIce/page5.php

"Since 1979, satellites have provided a consistent continuous record of sea ice. Through 2015, the average monthly September extent of Arctic sea ice has declined by 13.4 percent per decade relative to the average from 1981 to 2010. Declines are occurring in every geographic area, in every month, and every season. Natural variability and rising temperatures linked to global warming appear to have played a role in this decline. The Arctic may be ice-free in summer before the end of this century."
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:57]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:58 - Oct 17 with 3498 viewssolemio

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:40 - Oct 17 by WeWereZombies

I am not going overboard and giving you an uppie here but I do have a slight sympathy with your viewpoint. Not enough is made of the privations suffered by rural people in Great Britain because of clearances and enclosures. I have not mentioned it on here for a while but on island I live on it is estimated that 80,000 were cleared from the land in the middle decades of the nineteenth century and most were shipped immediately to Canada or Australia (I met one of their descendants yesterday). Of those 80,000 only 7,000 made it to the other side of the ocean, a little known tragedy and a bl0ody site more relevant to us than Agincourt or Waterloo in my opinion.

I was taught about the clearances in the very early 1960s.
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:00 - Oct 17 with 3490 viewssolemio

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:50 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

But you don't want to teach them about the bad things their country has done, right? Best just gloss all over them, stick your fingers in your ears, and bellow the national anthem while your trousers slowly fall down.

While I am at it, is there a more dreary and uninspiring dirge than God Save The Queen?

You clearly never heard the NA conducted by Sir John Barbirolli. WOW!
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:01 - Oct 17 with 3488 viewsDarth_Koont

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:42 - Oct 17 by imsureazzure

NASA ok?

Eh? Even on that very page it says 2012 was the record but that this type of low minimum has become the "new normal" since 2000.

If you're going to use facts make sure you read and understand them first before you use them incorrectly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:01 - Oct 17 with 3484 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:00 - Oct 17 by solemio

You clearly never heard the NA conducted by Sir John Barbirolli. WOW!

Unless the lyrics have been changed to "God Damn Our Gracious Queen..." I doubt it'll change my mind!

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:02 - Oct 17 with 3484 viewsBlueBadger

If it helps, the British Empire was founded upon the slavery that you're claiming isn't 'proper history'.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 19:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:03 - Oct 17 with 3477 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:01 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

Eh? Even on that very page it says 2012 was the record but that this type of low minimum has become the "new normal" since 2000.

If you're going to use facts make sure you read and understand them first before you use them incorrectly.

Exactly. I actually read that article a few times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, because it says the opposite of what he is saying...

Can only assume I deserve a woosh.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:03 - Oct 17 with 3474 viewsBlueBadger

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:48 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Here he is! Bergholt Junior!

He was definitely more fun when he was desperately trying to suck up to TB than tragic Tommy Lickers like the OP and Taximan.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 19:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:08 - Oct 17 with 3444 viewsBlueBadger

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Sorry, but do you actually think I`m being serious?

Given your posting history and previously stated views, yes?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:25 - Oct 17 with 3409 viewsBlueBadger

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:18 - Oct 17 by Swailsey

Ah, you're on a wind up! I see.

The Cruncher School of Trolling Strikes again!

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:26 - Oct 17 with 3405 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:25 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

The Cruncher School of Trolling Strikes again!

The one school where the teachers are failures.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:29 - Oct 17 with 3401 viewsBlueBadger

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:26 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

The one school where the teachers are failures.

http://www.dailysquat.com/university-life-raises-entry-requirements-leaving-idio

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:30 - Oct 17 with 3397 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:29 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

http://www.dailysquat.com/university-life-raises-entry-requirements-leaving-idio

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:44 - Oct 17 with 3383 viewsWat_tyler

You're clearly one that illustrious profession's biggest failures.
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:53 - Oct 17 with 3369 viewsWeWereZombies

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 19:02 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

If it helps, the British Empire was founded upon the slavery that you're claiming isn't 'proper history'.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 19:36]

No it wasn't! With the Act of Union of 1707 England (and Wales, sorry Benters) joined Scotland to very productive effect. As well as complementary Enlightenments they also started the legal process abolishing slavery within eighty years of that Union and had effected it into an Act of Parliament in 1833. Britain has a considerably better record in this regard than France, the United States and especially Saudi Arabia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024