Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of Passion says Osman. 06:44 - Oct 24 with 23084 viewsWestSussexBlue

This surely starts with MM and TC, are they motivating the players enough, it’s not the first time we’ve looked flat after half time. Lincoln Away was a classic example.
I would have liked to see a Magilton type in the dressing room at HT.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 21:35 - Oct 24 with 966 viewslongtimefan

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 17:33 - Oct 24 by christiand

That's interesting Superfrans more attempts possibly, but on target alas no.

With 10 minutes to go Sky Sports put up the stats regarding attempts

Attempts at goal:
Ipswich 9
Norwich 10

Attempts on target:
Ipswich 0
Norwich 6

Those statistics may have changed come the end of the game. However, if you can't get any efforts on target you simply aren't going to win any games. The fact we are more open at the back is because we are playing a better brand of football is mythical. It comes down to the fact, we aren't that great at defending. Whether that's a problem with the team or simply the defenders aren't up to it I'm not sure. Having players playing in the right position might help to, instead of trying to shoe-horn certain players in but then lose a key facet of that position because they aren't an out and out winger, doesn't help either.

Final Sky stats were :

Attempts at goal:
Ipswich 16
Norwich 10

Attempts on target:
Ipswich 2
Norwich 5

But other than the goal the other 4 were the equivalent of back passes. Did they have any other shots in the 2nd half. Sky also have clear cut chances as 1-0 in our favour - presumably Didz header when it was harder to miss than hit the target.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 22:07 - Oct 24 with 939 viewsSuperfrans

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 17:33 - Oct 24 by christiand

That's interesting Superfrans more attempts possibly, but on target alas no.

With 10 minutes to go Sky Sports put up the stats regarding attempts

Attempts at goal:
Ipswich 9
Norwich 10

Attempts on target:
Ipswich 0
Norwich 6

Those statistics may have changed come the end of the game. However, if you can't get any efforts on target you simply aren't going to win any games. The fact we are more open at the back is because we are playing a better brand of football is mythical. It comes down to the fact, we aren't that great at defending. Whether that's a problem with the team or simply the defenders aren't up to it I'm not sure. Having players playing in the right position might help to, instead of trying to shoe-horn certain players in but then lose a key facet of that position because they aren't an out and out winger, doesn't help either.

We’re not playing free flowing football (although we are trying, at times), but we are play8ng more on the front foot from the defence and trying to play out, rather than thumping the ball long. For all his strengths, I think Berra was less good at distributing the ball than those who we’ve had playing in defence this season, whether Webster, Iorfa, Spence... However you look at it, play8ng short is more risky, less safety first, than playing it long. This all has an impact.

Our problem is that the defence can play the ball short and play out when the opposition is not pressing, but as soon as they do press, we don’t have the instinctive passing game to make it work.

When you look at Norwich, or Brentford, or Fulham, their training is clearly focussed on passing, they look much more comfortable on the ball, all the time (the budgies goal was an example of this, a sweet passing move involving 5 or 6 players, I think). We simply don’t.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 22:47 - Oct 24 with 912 viewsWicklowBlue

I don't think passion had anything to do with the result on Sunday.

I have posted before that we have lacked a leader in midfield for many years. That is what Norwich had in Hooligan and Maddison.

Who did we have? I like Adeyemi but he looked well off the pace and Skuse is not someone who will drop deep look for the ball and retain it while moving the team up the pitch.

For too long I feel our midfield runs away from the player on the ball isolating them and resulting in the hoof. It's the one area for me you have to invest in. Midfield wins and loses you games.

We need some magic in centre midfield. Pun intended!

But also I agree that tactically MM has been very poor and too slow to react. We were beaten by the time he made a change on the 70th min.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024