Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've been on the fence with Mick 19:09 - Oct 28 with 2521 viewsipswichdj

He's done well with very little funds and so far this season we are in a pretty good position. The football has been pretty crap with a few exceptions where we've shown we can play good quick attacking football. However the comments from him after today's game have swayed me. Complete disrespect and lack of regard for fans. There was no need for those comments to be made and that may well have killed any hope of manager and fans relationship ever being repaired. Maybe it's time to go now Mick

Poll: Would you still share your wife with jimmy Bullard

I've been on the fence with Mick on 19:11 - Oct 28 with 2504 viewsGeoffSentence

He does seem to hold the fans in contempt. The worst thing is, if he is to be believed, is that he would suspend his best footballing judgement just to spite them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've been on the fence with Mick on 20:00 - Oct 28 with 2414 viewshomer_123

I've been on the fence with Mick on 19:11 - Oct 28 by GeoffSentence

He does seem to hold the fans in contempt. The worst thing is, if he is to be believed, is that he would suspend his best footballing judgement just to spite them.

To be fair...the vitriol he gets is quite amazing.

Many friends of mine who support other teams, whilst sympathetic to the type of football on offer look at Town, sitting where we are 1 point of the play offs and simply cannot understand why he gets so much abuse.

He's had barely a pot to piss in and one poor season....he's welcome to hold some of us fans in contempt to be honest.

It's far from perfect and I'd like to see better football played but given the resources available not sure how other managers would have faired.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 20:03]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I've been on the fence with Mick on 20:13 - Oct 28 with 2372 viewsBent_double

I've been on the fence with Mick on 20:00 - Oct 28 by homer_123

To be fair...the vitriol he gets is quite amazing.

Many friends of mine who support other teams, whilst sympathetic to the type of football on offer look at Town, sitting where we are 1 point of the play offs and simply cannot understand why he gets so much abuse.

He's had barely a pot to piss in and one poor season....he's welcome to hold some of us fans in contempt to be honest.

It's far from perfect and I'd like to see better football played but given the resources available not sure how other managers would have faired.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 20:03]

>It's far from perfect and I'd like to see better football played but given the resources available not sure how other managers would have faired.

What does that actually mean, though? Are Ipswich players some of the worst in the Championship, and it's only that we're lucky to have a fantastic manager in MM who can get the best from them?

Would ANY other manager not be able to get these players to play better football, whilst scoring more than conceeding, ie winning games?

We are doing 'OK', but only because we're beating the teams that should finish below us. As long as we have no aspirations to get into the top 10 even, then things should just carry on as they are.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:01 - Oct 28 with 2261 viewsduke_maiden

Long time reader of this forum, first time poster.

I have been in the Mick in camp for the whole of his tenure and still am. However, his post match comments today and his belligerent nature (of which he acknkckeldges) is starting to sway me towards a change of management.
This season we have shown that we can play some good football, even with our very limited resources. We clearly (when fit) have the nucleus of a very good squad.

Bart
Iorfa chambers Webster smith Knudsen
Skuse Adeyemi
Mcgoldrick
Waghorn Garner

That would be my current line up (if Adeyemi fit, if not downed). Celina and Mcgoldrick could interchange, a Wagnorn Garner partnership excites me a lot.

Sears off the bench. Huws to come back. Let's see what Mic Mac can do with a fully fit squad. He has us in a decent position on a shoestring, with injuries to potentially key players, namely Adeyemi and Huws.

Adeyemi when fit looks like a really good player, proper box to box and strong. A player the word surging is synonymous with. We know Huws can pop up with goals and the lads up top can score.

So Mic Mac has built what appears to be a good squad. I suppose now is the time to see if he can do something with it.
One look at the league table shows we are in a pretty good position considering our expenditure and I really hope we can push on from here.
I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:04 - Oct 28 with 2242 viewsRyorry

I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:01 - Oct 28 by duke_maiden

I have been in the Mick in camp for the whole of his tenure and still am. However, his post match comments today and his belligerent nature (of which he acknkckeldges) is starting to sway me towards a change of management.
This season we have shown that we can play some good football, even with our very limited resources. We clearly (when fit) have the nucleus of a very good squad.

Bart
Skuse Adeyemi
Mcgoldrick
Waghorn Garner

That would be my current line up (if Adeyemi fit, if not downed). Celina and Mcgoldrick could interchange, a Wagnorn Garner partnership excites me a lot.

Sears off the bench. Huws to come back. Let's see what Mic Mac can do with a fully fit squad. He has us in a decent position on a shoestring, with injuries to potentially key players, namely Adeyemi and Huws.

Adeyemi when fit looks like a really good player, proper box to box and strong. A player the word surging is synonymous with. We know Huws can pop up with goals and the lads up top can score.

So Mic Mac has built what appears to be a good squad. I suppose now is the time to see if he can do something with it.
One look at the league table shows we are in a pretty good position considering our expenditure and I really hope we can push on from here.

Great first post :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 2200 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mick in 'being human' shocker, which of his comments is it that is getting people so upset ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:22 - Oct 28 with 2181 viewstextbackup

Bart
Skuse Adeyemi
Mcgoldrick
Waghorn Garner

good post there (for an inner :) )

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've been on the fence with Mick on 22:25 - Oct 28 with 2171 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bart
Skuse Adeyemi
Mcgoldrick
Waghorn Garner

Agree with all of this - have a thumby arrow thing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024