Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's Press Conference 08:48 - Oct 29 with 2104 viewsitfcjoe

Now i'm not particularly precious and generally come down on the side of Mick because he is doing a job with restraints that many don't seem to take into account properly.

But the press conference yesterday is an absolute joke, and a whilst he's trying to kick in the teeth those that aren't supporting and creating a negative atmosphere, I think he ends up giving the whole fanbase a kick in the teeth.

We were dire in the 1st half, and snuck a win against one of the poorest sides in the division. Any 3 points away from home is a good 3 points, but we nicked that one and he comes out like we've just played Wolves off the park and beaten them.

Be humble for once, rise above it as a professional. I can understand wanting to stick one to those doubting him - but it's not good enough and not befitting of the manager of ITFC.

I personally thought it was a disgrace, and any good will he could have clawed back has gone the other way.

Oh well, onto Cardiff.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 8:54]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick's Press Conference on 08:54 - Oct 29 with 2047 viewstextbackup

Those defending him seem the forget he's a professional football manager, professional....

I'm the same as you, couldn't give a sht really, but having that represent our club, I think it's a bit wrong really. And so many of those defending him probably hate the fact Bowyer or Thatcher player for this club because it's traditionally a family club, with gentlemen at the helm, the two Sirs and the Cobbolds, sheepshanks. The hypocrisy of some on here is incredible at times

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick's Press Conference on 09:09 - Oct 29 with 1979 viewstractorboy1978

Some of the chanting is over the top, some of it possibly unfair but he simply cannot take criticism of any kind and he brings the sledgehammer out to crack the nut. He has shown himself, IMO, to be quite an unpleasant person on several occasions over the past year or so. I would agree that a minority of the fan base have too but he is the manager of the club and should act with more dignity. Like you, I am not precious, but I take umbrage to his attitude and his genuine disdain for us.
Mick's Press Conference on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 1952 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick's Press Conference on 09:09 - Oct 29 by tractorboy1978

Some of the chanting is over the top, some of it possibly unfair but he simply cannot take criticism of any kind and he brings the sledgehammer out to crack the nut. He has shown himself, IMO, to be quite an unpleasant person on several occasions over the past year or so. I would agree that a minority of the fan base have too but he is the manager of the club and should act with more dignity. Like you, I am not precious, but I take umbrage to his attitude and his genuine disdain for us.

He's not an unpleasant person, very far from it — but certainly a bit too thin-skinned at the moment, I'd agree.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick's Press Conference on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 1943 viewsLimitlessBlue

Mick's Press Conference on 08:54 - Oct 29 by textbackup

Those defending him seem the forget he's a professional football manager, professional....

I'm the same as you, couldn't give a sht really, but having that represent our club, I think it's a bit wrong really. And so many of those defending him probably hate the fact Bowyer or Thatcher player for this club because it's traditionally a family club, with gentlemen at the helm, the two Sirs and the Cobbolds, sheepshanks. The hypocrisy of some on here is incredible at times

I agree, I really don't see why he had to say such things about the fans who are actually fairly supportive in relation to any demonstrations or anti-mick chanting that has only just come back. At other clubs he would have been hounded out a long time ago, we have forgotten how dire his brand of football is.

Nice that a Pro-MM fan in Joe is also not a fan of the way he spoke after the game. I certainly don't see the comments as 'Oh get over it snowflake comments' from folk who are OK ith him talking like that about the fans, US fans, and I can swear like the best of em in daily life.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Mick's Press Conference on 09:20 - Oct 29 with 1896 viewsstrikalite

Mick's Press Conference on 09:13 - Oct 29 by SomethingBlue

He's not an unpleasant person, very far from it — but certainly a bit too thin-skinned at the moment, I'd agree.

A man in his position should have some decorum about him but he has absolutely none...
Mick's Press Conference on 09:37 - Oct 29 with 1848 viewsunstableblue

Not particularly bothered by Micks press style or demeanour.

All I care about is the product on the pitch. Which has been sub-standard for years under his management.

I don't think the fiscal constraints are an excuse for poor team set-up, selection, system and just the lack of really basic capabilities such as pass and move, making space, movement, effectiveness of distribution.

Burton had not scored for hours, we had a point to prove after Norwich, and yet we play the lowest quality football.

My bigger worry about Mick and his press conferences is how we praises mediocre performances by the team. I'm sure he used to be more honest on this front. The reality of the Norwich game was that it was NOT a good performance, yes we had energy (lacking in recent games on our losing streak) but we were headless and completely lacked composure, again distribution in the second half was dire.

His selection is also becoming weird. Sears, waghorn, garner, and mcgoldrick ain't working.

Some of the running at defence from the start of the season has been reigned in, we're also sneaking back into long ball again.

What's the point, I could go on, he's just not the technical manager this club and squad needs. We need someone new in, right now!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 9:39]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024