Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? 06:32 - Oct 31 with 49475 viewsBenters

Get yourself over to Syria cause a bit of mayhem kill a few innocent people,and the good kind people of dear old Blighty will welcome you back in to the country with a new home.

Yet if you have been fighting for Queen and country you are left to struggle,how does that work then?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:03 - Oct 31 with 6829 viewsnoggin

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 14:59 - Oct 31 by hampstead_blue

Did you mean to put a , rather than a .?

He probably got redundancy.

However in a parallel universe, if Corbyn had been in Government he would have got nowt because the country would be bankrupt paying to re-nationalise everything!

If only everything hadn't been sold in the first place.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:07 - Oct 31 with 6821 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:03 - Oct 31 by noggin

If only everything hadn't been sold in the first place.

This was over ten years ago. Nice little earner after living rent free for 16 years.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:07 - Oct 31 with 6822 viewsbaxterbasics

Whilst Bentz does make his point a little clumsily - and I too have doubts about this common "veterans are being ignored in favour of immigrants" theme - why has some pansy flagged it as abuse?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 6813 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 14:59 - Oct 31 by hampstead_blue

Did you mean to put a , rather than a .?

He probably got redundancy.

However in a parallel universe, if Corbyn had been in Government he would have got nowt because the country would be bankrupt paying to re-nationalise everything!

All soldiers get it.

Your last para is laughable btw.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:12 - Oct 31 with 6810 viewsnoggin

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:09 - Oct 31 by Archer4721

All soldiers get it.

Your last para is laughable btw.

I left 19 years ago, after 12 years, and got 8000 quid. Was he a high ranking officer?

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:13 - Oct 31 with 6799 viewsnoggin

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:07 - Oct 31 by Archer4721

This was over ten years ago. Nice little earner after living rent free for 16 years.

Soldiers don't live rent free, unless they are on active operations.

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:14 - Oct 31 with 6794 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:12 - Oct 31 by noggin

I left 19 years ago, after 12 years, and got 8000 quid. Was he a high ranking officer?

Yes he was an officer not sure what rank though.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:16 - Oct 31 with 6789 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:13 - Oct 31 by noggin

Soldiers don't live rent free, unless they are on active operations.

Ok my apologies.
Login to get fewer ads

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:19 - Oct 31 with 6783 viewshampstead_blue

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:12 - Oct 31 by noggin

I left 20 years ago and got £15,000.

I also got an index linked tax free medical pension. That's the sweet part.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:22 - Oct 31 with 6771 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:19 - Oct 31 by hampstead_blue

I left 20 years ago and got £15,000.

I also got an index linked tax free medical pension. That's the sweet part.

You didn't need a council house then?

Benters will be upset.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:26 - Oct 31 with 6758 viewshampstead_blue

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:22 - Oct 31 by Archer4721

You didn't need a council house then?

Benters will be upset.

At the time yes. We had a 2 yr old son. A council house would have helped a lot.
We got a housing association place which did us well until we bought our first home.

A 3 bed victorian terrace house were I was living post Army was £45k. Now they are £275/300. It's crazy. Both my boys, soldiers, won't be able to buy unless we give them a chunk.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:26 - Oct 31 with 6758 viewsjeera

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:07 - Oct 31 by baxterbasics

Whilst Bentz does make his point a little clumsily - and I too have doubts about this common "veterans are being ignored in favour of immigrants" theme - why has some pansy flagged it as abuse?

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/council_housing_association/priori

"Extra priority if you have served in the armed forces

The council may give you some more priority on the waiting list if you are a:

former member of the regular armed forces
member of the regular or reserve forces who is suffering from a serious injury, illness or disability related to your service
bereaved spouse or civil partner who has to leave forces accommodation following your partner's death in service"

Vets ignored in favour of immigrants theme. Is this an actual thing? It appears to be true that there is/may be a potential policy draft outlining plans to aid ISIS targets and the like to steer them away from future influence but to post it on here as "It's on the papers" is misleading at best. It only takes a moment to Google and you will see the list of papers repeating it as a story taken as "reported in The Mail" and most are clear about that.

Every time this comes up some types immediately leap onto the 'but what about our forces?' theme. There are many innocent people on the street and the most vulnerable are supposed to receive priority help. Unfortunately this often doesn't happen and councils are quite cold when it comes to deciding who qualifies.

I cannot envisage a scenario that the OP seems eager to portray where ISIS fighters are somehow stepping off some boat and into social housing. Can you?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 15:36]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:37 - Oct 31 with 6728 viewsArcher4721

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:26 - Oct 31 by hampstead_blue

At the time yes. We had a 2 yr old son. A council house would have helped a lot.
We got a housing association place which did us well until we bought our first home.

A 3 bed victorian terrace house were I was living post Army was £45k. Now they are £275/300. It's crazy. Both my boys, soldiers, won't be able to buy unless we give them a chunk.

Welcome to the real world. You came out of the army with over 15k twenty odd years so obviously you wouldn't have been high priority for a council house.I'm surprised you got a housing association house tbh. Today you would have absolutely no chance.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:46 - Oct 31 with 6708 viewsblueislander

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 14:03 - Oct 31 by bluejake78

Gerks got MOM until he was injured.Yep I'm a Gerks fan.I still rate super Cooper.A save he made at scum in the 80's was astonishing.Gerks needs more playing time.I admit to seeing Handcock,Best,Sivele so I'm an old grunter but have followed Town a bloody long time to thick and thin.

Nice spelling error in "Hancock" You didn't mention the best goalkeeper who has ever played for Town - Roy Bailey.
on 15:46 - Oct 31 with 6707 views_

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:26 - Oct 31 by hampstead_blue

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:57 - Oct 31 with 6682 viewsArcher4721

on 15:46 - Oct 31 by _

Yes he did. He probably wanted it for 3 years to then buy it for a knock down price.
Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:06 - Oct 31 with 6627 viewsBenters

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 14:14 - Oct 31 by Archer4721

"Yet if you have been fighting for Queen and country you are left to struggle,how does that work then?"

Someone I know was in the forces for 16 years. When he came out he had over £170.000 in his pot for a house.

How does that work then?

I bet that pleased you.

Still nobody answered my question though have they?

Gentlybentley

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:08 - Oct 31 with 6623 viewsSpruceMoose

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:06 - Oct 31 by Benters

I bet that pleased you.

Probably thought it was so ignorant it wasn't worth bothering with. Or, everyone but me has you on ignore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 17:10 - Oct 31 with 6622 views_

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:06 - Oct 31 by Benters

I bet that pleased you.

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:10 - Oct 31 with 6621 viewsBenters

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:07 - Oct 31 by baxterbasics

pansy you say ?

Gentlybentley

on 17:13 - Oct 31 with 6610 views_

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 15:57 - Oct 31 by Archer4721

Yes he did. He probably wanted it for 3 years to then buy it for a knock down price.

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:17 - Oct 31 with 6605 viewsBenters

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:08 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

Probably thought it was so ignorant it wasn't worth bothering with. Or, everyone but me has you on ignore.

Go for it im more than happy bumbling about on my own.

Gentlybentley

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:19 - Oct 31 with 6593 viewsBenters

on 17:10 - Oct 31 by _

10K isnt a lot wouldnt buy a half decent pickup.

Gentlybentley

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:20 - Oct 31 with 6590 viewsSpruceMoose

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:17 - Oct 31 by Benters

Go for it im more than happy bumbling about on my own.

I'll never give you the satisfaction

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:33 - Oct 31 with 6574 viewsBenters

Want a council house? Get to the top of the waiting list? on 17:20 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

I'll never give you the satisfaction

balls

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024