Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interest rate hike 12:00 - Nov 2 with 5239 viewsMaySixth

thoughts?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Interest rate hike on 13:26 - Nov 2 with 852 viewsSpruceMoose

Interest rate hike on 13:24 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Why is it daft for a non home owner to want prices to go back to a reasonable level?

Because those fortunate home owners are hell bent on pulling up the ladder because of 'muh investment'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interest rate hike on 13:36 - Nov 2 with 832 viewslowhouseblue

Interest rate hike on 13:14 - Nov 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

People love using the '15%' statistic.

In the 1980's the base rate was at or above 15% for about 5 months over the whole decade.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/boeapps/iadb/Repo.asp

indeed, and what was inflation doing at the same time? a 15% interest rate isn't terribly exciting when inflation is 17%

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Interest rate hike on 13:36 - Nov 2 with 832 viewsStokieBlue

Why is it daft for a non home owner to want prices to go back to a reasonable level?

Pretty much impossible for it to happen though, if prices drop loads then nobody sells because they are in negative equity.

Only way it would happen is via mass default which would bring all kinds of other issues which wouldn't be good.

Neither of those things are saying it shouldn't happen though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interest rate hike on 13:36 - Nov 2 with 829 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess thats more of a 'correction' than a 'crash'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:39 - Nov 2 with 816 viewsJ2BLUE

Interest rate hike on 13:36 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

Pretty much impossible for it to happen though, if prices drop loads then nobody sells because they are in negative equity.

Only way it would happen is via mass default which would bring all kinds of other issues which wouldn't be good.

Neither of those things are saying it shouldn't happen though.

SB

Good points. I'm sure Badger knew what he was trying to say. Just baiting as usual.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2017 13:45]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interest rate hike on 13:55 - Nov 2 with 782 viewsblackcat

I have no interest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024