Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy 17:01 - Nov 1 with 5687 viewscarlisleaway

You may say who will we replace him with, but after 2 years of dire football. It requires a manager who will mould the players we have got and able to get our club back. We may have watched 2 attractive games each season but that is not enough, you can get mid table boredom ....MM or a manager who will get us playing in a positive mid table position. Enough is enough
I await the down arrow from the Mick inners.
Having watched the club for over 54 years and renewing my season ticket, I start to think is it better shopping with the wife.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:02 - Nov 1 with 5155 viewsSwailsey

Ignoring the cringe-worthy final sentence, I really wouldn't want my club associated with creating a toxic atmosphere towards its own staff. I'm not a Mick inner, I'm quite neutral, but this sort of thing won't help anyone.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 17:05]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:08 - Nov 1 with 5124 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm an outer(ish) but you can have a downvote anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:12 - Nov 1 with 5109 viewsPJH

Brilliant idea, let's try to make it as difficult as possible for the team that we claim to support.

You get your anticipated downvote from me.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:14 - Nov 1 with 5105 viewsBrixtonBlue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:02 - Nov 1 by Swailsey

Ignoring the cringe-worthy final sentence, I really wouldn't want my club associated with creating a toxic atmosphere towards its own staff. I'm not a Mick inner, I'm quite neutral, but this sort of thing won't help anyone.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 17:05]

"this sort of thing won't help anyone"

Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but this sort of thing got rid of John Duncan and Mick McGiven.

Then look what happened.

Your club has already been associated with creating a toxic atmosphere towards its own staff. And it did actually help.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:15 - Nov 1 with 5095 viewsSwailsey

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:14 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but this sort of thing got rid of John Duncan and Mick McGiven.

Then look what happened.

Your club has already been associated with creating a toxic atmosphere towards its own staff. And it did actually help.

Did it help with Magilton?

When it gets to that stage, yes, the manager will go.

I just love the argument that we're a "family club".

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:35 - Nov 2 with 4908 viewsBrixtonBlue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:15 - Nov 1 by Swailsey

Did it help with Magilton?

When it gets to that stage, yes, the manager will go.

I just love the argument that we're a "family club".

The protests against Magilton were insignificant compared to Duncan and McGiven. I don't remember people storming onto the pitch to get Jim removed.

I'd be interested to see what my other down arrowers have to say, given that I've just stated facts. I'd be surprised if Sitters and Rommers are even old enough to remember those times.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:39 - Nov 2 with 4906 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:35 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

The protests against Magilton were insignificant compared to Duncan and McGiven. I don't remember people storming onto the pitch to get Jim removed.

I'd be interested to see what my other down arrowers have to say, given that I've just stated facts. I'd be surprised if Sitters and Rommers are even old enough to remember those times.

Your down arrow came from me due to your insistence that it's a good idea to cause a negative atmosphere despite all the players saying it helps in absolutely no way whatsoever.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 04:06 - Nov 2 with 4874 viewsCurrie10

I hope to god you're not going, or if you are, make your ' vocal show ' in the away end with the PNE fans please.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 07:45 - Nov 2 with 4791 viewsSwn98

Go shopping with the wife and don't spoil the afternoon of those folk who want to support the club they love.I have supported town through good and bad for 43 years.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 08:01 - Nov 2 with 4755 viewstextbackup

Majority of our lot struggle to be vocal over anything, Robson was right, zombies

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 08:24 - Nov 2 with 4734 viewsPJH

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:39 - Nov 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Your down arrow came from me due to your insistence that it's a good idea to cause a negative atmosphere despite all the players saying it helps in absolutely no way whatsoever.

It should not need the players telling people that it helps in no way, commonsense should do that.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 10:14 - Nov 2 with 4659 viewsmuccletonjoe

What are you hoping to achieve? McCarthy is going nowhere untill may at the earliest. Just a pathetic waste of time. Go shopping.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 10:17 - Nov 2 with 4655 viewsSwailsey

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:35 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

Are you proposing that we should storm onto the pitch to get MM removed?

It may have caused managers to lose their jobs in the past, but are you seriously suggesting that it's the right thing to do!?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 11:20 - Nov 2 with 4619 viewsBrixtonBlue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 01:39 - Nov 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Fair enough, it's a valid point that it doesn't help initially, at the time it's done. But it undoubtedly helped in the long term with the examples I mentioned.

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 11:23 - Nov 2 with 4613 viewsBrixtonBlue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 10:17 - Nov 2 by Swailsey

Are you proposing that we should storm onto the pitch to get MM removed?

It may have caused managers to lose their jobs in the past, but are you seriously suggesting that it's the right thing to do!?

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. I'm merely showing that protests have worked for the longer good at ITFC in the past. That's all.

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:43 - Nov 2 with 4535 viewscarlisleaway

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 04:06 - Nov 2 by Currie10

I hope to god you're not going, or if you are, make your ' vocal show ' in the away end with the PNE fans please.

I will still support the club but not the manager, shopping huh thought that would cause a stir from the Mick lovers.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:49 - Nov 2 with 4517 viewsTractorWood

I critique MM's tactical decisions as much as anyone but support the side if you go. If can't support the side during the 90+, don't go.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:50 - Nov 2 with 4511 viewsMaySixth

lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:51 - Nov 2 with 4507 viewsMaySixth

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 17:14 - Nov 1 by BrixtonBlue

Then look what happened.

BELL

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:02 - Nov 2 with 4478 viewsBadgerBajner

Only 2 years? MM's style of football has always got to me, but I didn't want him out, just to develop the football. I think we were lucky to have him. But now, I am an outer, it's gone on too long, we are going nowhere positive. I have down arrowed you though.

Anybody who has had enough of the current situation and intends going to a match to make a vocal show against the manager/team, should stay at home. I haven't been to a match since the play off season (stopped going to away games that season). Not going is a better show of protest. This will be as much a concern to the owner, than a load of fans screaming at the manager. I am sure ME is already looking at dropping attendances and realising something has to change.

And don't tell me that by going you are still showing what a great supporter you are. Screaming at the manager, fuelling an already ridiculous spat with the manager, creating a negative atmosphere for players, is not supporting the club.
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:06 - Nov 2 with 4468 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:43 - Nov 2 by carlisleaway

I will still support the club but not the manager, shopping huh thought that would cause a stir from the Mick lovers.

In English?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:17 - Nov 2 with 4444 viewslazyblue

personally mate it would make more sense to support the lads and go for a win making that mid-table position less likely a perhaps sneak up the table!
Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:18 - Nov 2 with 4434 viewsBergholtBru

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 12:43 - Nov 2 by carlisleaway

I like the way you are trying to divide the fans by using terms like "Mick Lovers". Being that most people have never met him I don`t know how one qualifies to be a "Mick Lover. I don`t particularly like him. But I think he`s done a good job over the past 5yrs, although maybe it`s time to call it a day?
What are you trying to achieve by this post? Most people who go Saturday will go to support the team, although many may voice their opinions if they don`t like what they are seeing, fair enough.
To have a pre-planned agenda is rather narrow minded don`t you think? Don`t assume that all people share your view and don`t try to put people down who beg to differ by using this stupid term "Mick Lovers". Happy shopping!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:28 - Nov 2 with 4414 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:18 - Nov 2 by BergholtBru

I like the way you are trying to divide the fans by using terms like "Mick Lovers". Being that most people have never met him I don`t know how one qualifies to be a "Mick Lover. I don`t particularly like him. But I think he`s done a good job over the past 5yrs, although maybe it`s time to call it a day?
What are you trying to achieve by this post? Most people who go Saturday will go to support the team, although many may voice their opinions if they don`t like what they are seeing, fair enough.
To have a pre-planned agenda is rather narrow minded don`t you think? Don`t assume that all people share your view and don`t try to put people down who beg to differ by using this stupid term "Mick Lovers". Happy shopping!

Well said Bergholt!

Well said indeed

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:29 - Nov 2 with 4413 viewsSpruceMoose

Saturday is a must for fans to make a vocal show against McCarthy on 13:28 - Nov 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Well said Bergholt!

Well said indeed

Weirdly, yes, I agree.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024