Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mc Carthy yesterday. 10:31 - Nov 4 with 5695 viewsWickets

I think he should take a lesson from Shaun Dyche when answering questions regards his future. His first loyalty should be to his present employer, should it not?
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:33 - Nov 4 with 4991 viewsSwn98

i think his statement indeed shows his loyalty to his current employer its the fans that try to make it something it isn't
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:40 - Nov 4 with 4966 viewsGuthrum

"Yes, it's a nice job, but I'm under contract, I like it here, fully committed to the present task, end of." to paraphrase.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:41 - Nov 4 with 4955 viewsconnorscontract

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:33 - Nov 4 by Swn98

i think his statement indeed shows his loyalty to his current employer its the fans that try to make it something it isn't

I'm not a massive Mick outer, although I have found too many matches utterly boring and unwatchable, but I think his comments re Sunderland were over the line into "I really wish I could manage Sunderland" territory. He basically said "If that had come up in a few months time I'd join them rather than renew at Ipswich" and I believe that was a signal to Sunderland.

If Sunderland want him, and go about dealing with Evans in the right way, then they could well get him.

Which leads us to the "be careful what you wish for" scenario...
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:48 - Nov 4 with 4909 viewsGuthrum

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:41 - Nov 4 by connorscontract

I'm not a massive Mick outer, although I have found too many matches utterly boring and unwatchable, but I think his comments re Sunderland were over the line into "I really wish I could manage Sunderland" territory. He basically said "If that had come up in a few months time I'd join them rather than renew at Ipswich" and I believe that was a signal to Sunderland.

If Sunderland want him, and go about dealing with Evans in the right way, then they could well get him.

Which leads us to the "be careful what you wish for" scenario...

His contract is up in a few months, doesn't know if it'll be renewed, the fans are vocally unhappy, there's little progress on the pitch. Whilst stating plainly that he does not intend to jump ship, why shouldn't he butter up a potential future employer?

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:49 - Nov 4 with 4908 viewsVaughan8

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:33 - Nov 4 by Swn98

No it shows he doesn't have the option, we can keep him. If he had his choice (i.e. He is a free agent) he would like to manage them again.
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:50 - Nov 4 with 4907 viewsJohnny_Boy

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:40 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

"Yes, it's a nice job, but I'm under contract, I like it here, fully committed to the present task, end of." to paraphrase.

It would be interesting for our own 'busy' Harry to find out if the Sunderland fans would actually want him back at the Stadium of Light on their message boards.

The murmuring from them suggest Kevin Phillips?!? With the obligatory Peter Reid mention.

As far as I can tell, Sunderland, albeit with parachute payments, are even less willing to spend money on players as Marcus is. So I don't think he'll automatically be given a war chest to splurge with.

Grayson certainly wasn't given much, even though he reduced the wage bill.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 10:54]
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:58 - Nov 4 with 4853 viewsconnorscontract

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:48 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

His contract is up in a few months, doesn't know if it'll be renewed, the fans are vocally unhappy, there's little progress on the pitch. Whilst stating plainly that he does not intend to jump ship, why shouldn't he butter up a potential future employer?

I was giving my interpretation of what he said, rather than judging him for it.

The majority of fans are either thoroughly fed up or apathetic. He knows it. He doesn't feel he owes us anything. He wants to leave, but obviously on his terms.

What if Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell had been fit?

What if Fraser hadn't been injured?

What if Williams hadn't been hacked every game?

What if McGoldrick had maintained fitness?

He had a "Plan A" involving good football in each season. But injuries to players who could carry it out led to "Plan B". And McCarthy's "Plan B" is turgid, predictable, long ball, percentage playing to not lose. To be honest, even when enough of those players were fit and playing well if we were one-nil up he would try and hold on for that, which fans found very frustrating.
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:01 - Nov 4 with 4845 viewsGuthrum

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:50 - Nov 4 by Johnny_Boy

It would be interesting for our own 'busy' Harry to find out if the Sunderland fans would actually want him back at the Stadium of Light on their message boards.

The murmuring from them suggest Kevin Phillips?!? With the obligatory Peter Reid mention.

As far as I can tell, Sunderland, albeit with parachute payments, are even less willing to spend money on players as Marcus is. So I don't think he'll automatically be given a war chest to splurge with.

Grayson certainly wasn't given much, even though he reduced the wage bill.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 10:54]

Perhaps he likes the challenge of taking over a club in a real mess (as we were in 2012). After all, like garden clearance, it's possible to make dramatic improvements without too much time, effort and expense, without having to do the major works or the fine fiddly stuff to achieve beauty and perfection.

Login to get fewer ads

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:06 - Nov 4 with 4793 viewsGuthrum

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 10:58 - Nov 4 by connorscontract

I was giving my interpretation of what he said, rather than judging him for it.

The majority of fans are either thoroughly fed up or apathetic. He knows it. He doesn't feel he owes us anything. He wants to leave, but obviously on his terms.

What if Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell had been fit?

What if Fraser hadn't been injured?

What if Williams hadn't been hacked every game?

What if McGoldrick had maintained fitness?

He had a "Plan A" involving good football in each season. But injuries to players who could carry it out led to "Plan B". And McCarthy's "Plan B" is turgid, predictable, long ball, percentage playing to not lose. To be honest, even when enough of those players were fit and playing well if we were one-nil up he would try and hold on for that, which fans found very frustrating.

Indeed. Unfortunately we apparently can't afford (or breed, tho that's much better this season) a second-string of enough quality to maintain "good football" if one or two crucial holes appear. Plus McCarthy does rather default to "safety first" when under pressure.

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:08 - Nov 4 with 4775 viewsBackToRussia

Because it looks bad?

Another fvck you to the club although without swearing this time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What a marvelous metaphor (n/t) on 11:09 - Nov 4 with 4769 viewsDyland

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:01 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

Perhaps he likes the challenge of taking over a club in a real mess (as we were in 2012). After all, like garden clearance, it's possible to make dramatic improvements without too much time, effort and expense, without having to do the major works or the fine fiddly stuff to achieve beauty and perfection.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:30 - Nov 4 with 4690 viewsbrogansnose

The thing is that in the real world this would be fine and logical but in Football World loyalty is a core value and belief of the fans and players and managers are adjudged accordingly. Whether this is sensible or not is beside the point and the reality is that most in the game pay lip service to this concept. Mick really didn't need to bang the jungle drums quite as loudly as he did.
Fair points on 11:32 - Nov 4 with 4682 viewsDyland

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:30 - Nov 4 by brogansnose

The thing is that in the real world this would be fine and logical but in Football World loyalty is a core value and belief of the fans and players and managers are adjudged accordingly. Whether this is sensible or not is beside the point and the reality is that most in the game pay lip service to this concept. Mick really didn't need to bang the jungle drums quite as loudly as he did.

He's no thickie either. Maybe he's trying to force Evans' hand.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fair points on 11:36 - Nov 4 with 4672 viewsconnorscontract

Fair points on 11:32 - Nov 4 by Dyland

I think he is hoping Sunderland approach ME in response.
Fair points on 11:42 - Nov 4 with 4653 viewsbrogansnose

Fair points on 11:32 - Nov 4 by Dyland

There is that Dyllers. Could also be that he's as fed up with the club as many are with him. Does Mick really think that under Evan's austerity plan that he can realistically get another promotion and as a consequence manage in the Premier again or are there better opportunities elsewhere ?

Either way he's not got a bad CV from the wider football world's point of view, and we all pretty much acknowledge, he'll walk into another job.
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:47 - Nov 4 with 4636 viewsWickets

My thought are regardless of what MM intentions are, Dyche wants the Everton job but acted so much more professionally than our manager when fending off the questions regarding it.
Fair points on 11:47 - Nov 4 with 4633 viewsconnorscontract

Fair points on 11:42 - Nov 4 by brogansnose

There is that Dyllers. Could also be that he's as fed up with the club as many are with him. Does Mick really think that under Evan's austerity plan that he can realistically get another promotion and as a consequence manage in the Premier again or are there better opportunities elsewhere ?

Either way he's not got a bad CV from the wider football world's point of view, and we all pretty much acknowledge, he'll walk into another job.

Go to Sunderland. Get them organised. Save from relegation. Hero. A full house of passionate fans behind him next season. Parachute payments. Some very, very good players.

It's like his first two seasons with us, but with more money.
Fair points on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 4591 viewsbrogansnose

Fair points on 11:47 - Nov 4 by connorscontract

Go to Sunderland. Get them organised. Save from relegation. Hero. A full house of passionate fans behind him next season. Parachute payments. Some very, very good players.

It's like his first two seasons with us, but with more money.

Very much so.

Rommy was saying that there is a section of Fulham support that are saying that they would like Mick in and I know for a fact that there is a similiar viewpoint at Wednesday. I do feel that managers like Mick and Warnock are seen as a safe pair of hands that will ' do a job' and get you promoted. Fans may not like their personality or their footballing methodology but appreciate what they could arguably do better than the latest managerial prodigy from Slovenia...........................or somewhere.
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 12:49 - Nov 4 with 4497 viewspeterleeblue

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 11:01 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

You've just made me feel pretty crap about the state of my garden!!
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 13:22 - Nov 4 with 4409 viewsGuthrum

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 12:49 - Nov 4 by peterleeblue

You've just made me feel pretty crap about the state of my garden!!

Sorry.

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 13:23 - Nov 4 with 4410 viewschicoazul

I wonder if, in 5 years and the Ipswich job came up, Mick would feel the same way about coming bac k here?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 13:35 - Nov 4 with 4374 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mc Carthy yesterday. on 13:23 - Nov 4 by chicoazul

I wonder if, in 5 years and the Ipswich job came up, Mick would feel the same way about coming bac k here?

We will be in league 1 by then no doubt

People will be wishing they hadn't hounded mick out and that actually, Evans is the issue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fair points on 13:40 - Nov 4 with 4363 viewssolemio

Fair points on 11:42 - Nov 4 by brogansnose

That's a good Welsh name, although I thought he was called Marcus Evans, not Evan Evans.
Mc Carthy yesterday. on 13:45 - Nov 4 with 4356 viewsDeano69

Isn't there a huge assumption that Sunderland would actually want MM?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Fair points on 13:54 - Nov 4 with 4327 viewsbrogansnose

Fair points on 13:40 - Nov 4 by solemio

That's a good Welsh name, although I thought he was called Marcus Evans, not Evan Evans.

I off school the day they did apostrophes, or just didn't listen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024