Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This new sponsor (pt33487) 09:25 - Jan 12 with 1800 viewshype313

I get that it add extra money into the coffers, however, I maybe wrong here, but I would imagine the majority of the shirt most shirt sales are to U16's down to toddlers, so why would they risk alienating the biggest area of income for some dodgy gambling firm?

Also, the fact that they won't be on kids shirts tells us all we need to know about the morals of it, and before anyone says about the booze aspect I can't remember the club banning shirt sales with Greene King on for kids. Greene King should have been band full stop, not for anything else bar it is shockingly bad beer.

Oh how we all pine for the days of grass seed sponsors.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 1770 viewsfactual_blue

You mean the grass seed sponsors indulging in unacceptable accounting practices that were tantamount to fraud?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:30 - Jan 12 with 1765 viewsCurrie10

I actually pine for the days of NO shirt sponsor - sadly even Bilbao and Barcelona have now since caved however I get it.

It's just the industry sponsoring us that has got our backs up here! that logo too - grim......
This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 1765 viewshoppy

Our pitch was in it's best ever condition when we were sponsored by Greene King - far better than when we were sponsored by Fisons - what does that tell you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 1749 viewshype313

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:28 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

You mean the grass seed sponsors indulging in unacceptable accounting practices that were tantamount to fraud?

I was oblivious to all that as I was a sulking teenager at the time.

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1748 viewshype313

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:32 - Jan 12 by hoppy

Our pitch was in it's best ever condition when we were sponsored by Greene King - far better than when we were sponsored by Fisons - what does that tell you?

It tells me that the small barrell of Speckled Hen I got for xmas will be going over the garden in March.

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:22 - Jan 12 with 1703 viewsitfcjoe

Is this a new regulation re kids shirts where maybe before it was a club choice? I remember when i was about 8 or 9 so mid 90's my mate had a Spurs shirt without a sponsor as they were sponsored by Holsten so the kids shirts didn't have them - that must have been maybe a year or two before GK sponsored us?

Everton were sponsored by Chang Beer last year and kids kits didn't have sponsors so must be regulation now. So if GK were to sponsor us now kids shirts would be plain I'd guess.

I think that does show the stupidity of any deal, these products aren't allowed to be on kids shirts - but they can be on the main product, and their posters and in their programmes but if you take them off the shirts thats ok?!

I'm not a fan of the new sponsor personally, although I don't think it's a disgrace or anything and think the club have a good deal. I'd have preferred ME to remain on there (even with question marks about his business) and as posted on another thread the rise of online and machine gambling and it's propensity worries me - I'd rather it be something ITFC didn't support.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:31 - Jan 12 with 1685 viewsfactual_blue

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 09:36 - Jan 12 by hype313

I was oblivious to all that as I was a sulking teenager at the time.

Plus ça change...

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:34 - Jan 12 with 1674 viewsfactual_blue

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:22 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Is this a new regulation re kids shirts where maybe before it was a club choice? I remember when i was about 8 or 9 so mid 90's my mate had a Spurs shirt without a sponsor as they were sponsored by Holsten so the kids shirts didn't have them - that must have been maybe a year or two before GK sponsored us?

Everton were sponsored by Chang Beer last year and kids kits didn't have sponsors so must be regulation now. So if GK were to sponsor us now kids shirts would be plain I'd guess.

I think that does show the stupidity of any deal, these products aren't allowed to be on kids shirts - but they can be on the main product, and their posters and in their programmes but if you take them off the shirts thats ok?!

I'm not a fan of the new sponsor personally, although I don't think it's a disgrace or anything and think the club have a good deal. I'd have preferred ME to remain on there (even with question marks about his business) and as posted on another thread the rise of online and machine gambling and it's propensity worries me - I'd rather it be something ITFC didn't support.

Gambling sponsors have not been allowed on children's replica shirts since 2007 apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-473951/Gambling-sponsors-erased-children

Login to get fewer ads

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:44 - Jan 12 with 1662 viewsKitman

I think you need to find an ale house where they keep a decent drop of Abbot on tap... Would be inclined to agree about the IPA though. I normally avoid that one through choice

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:44 - Jan 12 with 1661 viewsPhilTWTD

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:22 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Think that is right, if GK were sponsors now we wouldn't be able to have the logo on kids' shirts. Even when GK were sponsors the academy shirts had to have different sponsors. Broad Oak Farm Sausages and Pritt Stick were among them I seem to remember.
This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:48 - Jan 12 with 1649 viewsDyland

"Greene King should have been banned full stop, not for anything else bar it is shockingly bad beer. "

Arf!

Abbot Ale is okay in small doses, mind.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

badabing (n/t) on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 1645 viewsDyland

This new sponsor (pt33487) on 10:44 - Jan 12 by Kitman

I think you need to find an ale house where they keep a decent drop of Abbot on tap... Would be inclined to agree about the IPA though. I normally avoid that one through choice

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024