Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! 22:46 - Jan 15 with 3656 viewsSwansea_Blue

The bloke's an idiot.

Leave campaign's £350m claim was too low, says Boris Johnson

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/leave-campaigns-350m-claim-was-

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 3472 viewsBrianTablet

I assume that's because the original figure was based on the Pound/Euro exchange rate before sterling crashed.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:37 - Jan 16 with 3452 viewsDarth_Koont

He's been picking up tips from Donald.

If you're going to lie and spread falsehoods just keep going with it. In the world they operate in, you're only caught out if you admit it's a lie.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 3446 viewsNo9

He has to say that because of the amount of support they are guaranteeing farmers, land owners et al to ontinue subsidies at the same level so the £350 Mn a week isn't enough to meet their promises
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 3436 viewsGlasgowBlue

The OBR forecast that gross EU budget contributions up to £22.227 billion by 2021/22. That is a 24.7% increase in 5 years. Are you disputing these figures?

Edit. The net contribution of £17.405 billion works out at £335 million per week in 2022.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 11:41]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:46 - Jan 16 with 3415 viewsNo9

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:40 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

The OBR forecast that gross EU budget contributions up to £22.227 billion by 2021/22. That is a 24.7% increase in 5 years. Are you disputing these figures?

Edit. The net contribution of £17.405 billion works out at £335 million per week in 2022.

The Governments published 2018 Briefing Paper shows a different set of numbers for 2017 why?
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 3380 viewsblue_oyster

One good thing about the process to try and escape the clutches of the suffocating python that is the EU, is that a lot more facts and figures can be discussed which just wasn’t possible before.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:17 - Jan 16 with 3363 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:46 - Jan 16 by No9

The Governments published 2018 Briefing Paper shows a different set of numbers for 2017 why?

Are you believing the government over the OBR? Welcome to the dark side.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:21 - Jan 16 with 3355 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 11:40 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

So we will still send them less than £350m per week, even after a 25% increase.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 3342 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:21 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

No. Because the rebate is one year behind.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 3296 viewsbournemouthblue

the figures are of course higher because of the drop in the pound post referendum, cracking effort Brexiters!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 12:58]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 13:23 - Jan 16 with 3271 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:27 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

No. Because the rebate is one year behind.

Yes, because the rebate is deducted at source, as explained in the Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/how-much-do-we-spend-on-the-eu-and-what-else-c

And by fullfact.org - https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

Or we could take Sent by Sir David Norgrove's view on it, who's the Chair for UK Statistics Authority when he accuses Boris of "a clear misuse of official statistics" for his original, repeated claim.

All pretty conclusive.

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 13:47 - Jan 16 with 3245 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:57 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

the figures are of course higher because of the drop in the pound post referendum, cracking effort Brexiters!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 12:58]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 14:48 - Jan 16 with 3192 viewsNo9

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 12:17 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Are you believing the government over the OBR? Welcome to the dark side.

The question was why are the numbers different but then you never answer questions do you ?
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 3135 viewsmanchego

The number isn't really very interesting to me. What is ridiculous is the idea that if there was money available to the Govt. the Tories would chose to spend it on the NHS.
It's the main problem with the red bus nonsense.
Who cares what the number was.
The Tories would never in a million years do anything close to spending 'new' money on the NHS.
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 17:48 - Jan 16 with 3128 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 17:40 - Jan 16 by manchego

The number isn't really very interesting to me. What is ridiculous is the idea that if there was money available to the Govt. the Tories would chose to spend it on the NHS.
It's the main problem with the red bus nonsense.
Who cares what the number was.
The Tories would never in a million years do anything close to spending 'new' money on the NHS.

The Tories didn't say it. Vote Leave did. Vote leave was a cross party campaign group whose Chairperson was Labour MP Gisela Stuart. (That's her on the right of Boris)

Iron Lion Zion

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 18:16 - Jan 16 with 3102 viewsmanchego

Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 17:48 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

The Tories didn't say it. Vote Leave did. Vote leave was a cross party campaign group whose Chairperson was Labour MP Gisela Stuart. (That's her on the right of Boris)

I know who said it.
My point still stands.
Boris has got himself a bigger bus! on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 3097 viewsgazzer1999

did you know that the e.u. levies tariffs on goods and services to countries outside the e.u. on our behalf and then keeps the money.So I guess the real figure is considerably higher than the £350 million. No one reports that though do they? never mind the world is full of disbelievers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024