Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life after Mick? 08:36 - Jan 26 with 5209 viewsfergalsharkey

He has kept us over achieving with a glut of poor players
Without him I fear a lesser manager will fail on the peanut budget and this club will become a Coventry city story.
I’m not a fan of Mick’s in any way but I cant see anyone else keeping us mid table on the scraps this club has to spend.
Everyone wants Evans to sell but who in their right mind would buy the debt ridden shambles?
The future is bleak.

Poll: Cook out?

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 with 5199 viewsHerbivore

We'll be fine. We've actually built a decent squad but the injuries this season have prevented real progress, with a fit Huws, Adeyemi and one of Bishop or Dozzer I'd have fancied Mick to steer us into the top 6. Unless we employ a total pleb I can't see us struggling next season with the core of the squad still intact.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 with 5200 viewsitfcjoe

I struggle to see anyone that will be able to recruit as well on such a small budget, unless we go with a foreign manager who manages to pull gem after gem from the foreign leagues

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Life after Mick? on 08:42 - Jan 26 with 5187 viewsBenters2

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

We'll be fine. We've actually built a decent squad but the injuries this season have prevented real progress, with a fit Huws, Adeyemi and one of Bishop or Dozzer I'd have fancied Mick to steer us into the top 6. Unless we employ a total pleb I can't see us struggling next season with the core of the squad still intact.

There is no future.

We will crash and burn.

The machines will take over.

End of.
Life after Mick? on 08:51 - Jan 26 with 5170 viewsHerbivore

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

I struggle to see anyone that will be able to recruit as well on such a small budget, unless we go with a foreign manager who manages to pull gem after gem from the foreign leagues

Agree that recruitment is probably the area we'll miss Mick the most, our squad is ridiculous for how little has been spent on it really. He's done great in that respect and that'll be hard to replicate, people moan about how well Mick is regarded outside of Town but no doubt his connections and how highly he's thought of has helped us in bringing in players over the years. I guess if we go for someone who has cut their teeth in League 1 or League 2 they may be able to bring in players from that level with the potential to step up. Also I don't think we need a massive rebuild as the core of the squad is there, so hopefully add a bit of quality in the right areas and push on. Viva la Megson!

Life after Mick? on 08:53 - Jan 26 with 5159 viewsDyland

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

How about Gary Megson for a total pleb?

This is Evans we're talking about after all.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Life after Mick? on 08:55 - Jan 26 with 5147 viewsHerbivore

Life after Mick? on 08:53 - Jan 26 by Dyland

How about Gary Megson for a total pleb?

This is Evans we're talking about after all.

Ha! See the end of my other post in this thread.

Life after Mick? on 09:02 - Jan 26 with 5125 viewsstickymockwell

Life after Mick? on 08:39 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

I kind of disagree. I think he's recruited bang average players and coached them in his own way to make them effective. Waghorn, Garner, Didz, Chambers, Sears etc. and even Bart were either not loved by their previous teams or were failures and had to drop down before coming back up. He's a good coach who wants complete control but if he had better methods of recruitment/delegation I think he could be much better. There has been some serious bargains that have gone to other clubs that we have missed out on.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Life after Mick? on 09:07 - Jan 26 with 5113 viewsHerbivore

Life after Mick? on 09:02 - Jan 26 by stickymockwell

I kind of disagree. I think he's recruited bang average players and coached them in his own way to make them effective. Waghorn, Garner, Didz, Chambers, Sears etc. and even Bart were either not loved by their previous teams or were failures and had to drop down before coming back up. He's a good coach who wants complete control but if he had better methods of recruitment/delegation I think he could be much better. There has been some serious bargains that have gone to other clubs that we have missed out on.

Can't agree with that at all. His recruitment has been very good, he's signed good players for very little money. Waghorn came in and started banging in goals after about one training session with us, I don't doubt that Mick is a good coach but he can't be THAT good.

Login to get fewer ads

Life after Mick? on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 5072 viewsblueblood66

Chin up, do you not want to see a manager who attacks the opposition, goes for 3 points instead of settling for 1? I do, and so do thousands of others, Yes he has done a reasonable job with his brand of safety first football but the world of management has many people looking for opportunites to take a great club back to wher it should be. He isnt the only man in the world capbale of working on a tight budget. Our next manager should be in the Burley mould, a good coach as well as amanger capable of blooding youngsters and having faith with them whilst they develop, something Mick lacks.
Life after Mick? on 09:41 - Jan 26 with 5032 viewsbraveblue

In what way did we over achieve last season?
Life after Mick? on 09:41 - Jan 26 with 5034 viewsBent_double

I'm sure there are plenty of up-and-coming managers out there who already have friends/contacts around football.

Who had heard of Wagner before he joined Huddersfield? His friendship with Klopp helped him get Liverpool players on loan. What about NES at Wolves, it's his first management job isn't it, but he seems to be doing OK.

Yes, there are probably plenty of examples where it's gone wrong too, but we need to gamble don't we?

The worst possible appointment in my view would be one of the 'tried and trusted' managers on the merry-go-round who have got other teams promoted. I think we can see that approach doesn't work at Ipswich.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Life after Mick? on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 4994 viewsDanTheMan

Life after Mick? on 09:41 - Jan 26 by Bent_double

I'm sure there are plenty of up-and-coming managers out there who already have friends/contacts around football.

Who had heard of Wagner before he joined Huddersfield? His friendship with Klopp helped him get Liverpool players on loan. What about NES at Wolves, it's his first management job isn't it, but he seems to be doing OK.

Yes, there are probably plenty of examples where it's gone wrong too, but we need to gamble don't we?

The worst possible appointment in my view would be one of the 'tried and trusted' managers on the merry-go-round who have got other teams promoted. I think we can see that approach doesn't work at Ipswich.

To be fair, young up and comer with lots of contacts didn't quite work with Keane...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Life after Mick? on 11:52 - Jan 26 with 4892 viewsHerbivore

Life after Mick? on 09:41 - Jan 26 by Bent_double

Given ME's track record though the latter type of appointment is the most likely.

Life after Mick? on 13:03 - Jan 26 with 4848 viewsnorthants

I agree totally.

Whatever anyone's view on Mick's "playing style", we will at least be safe with him even with a lesser budget than most around us.

With the wrong manager I could easily see us slipping down into league 1, further into obscurity with no hope of ever returning.

But cheer up, it's Friday!
Life after Mick? on 13:10 - Jan 26 with 4829 viewsmrshallisfit

Life after Mick? on 09:02 - Jan 26 by stickymockwell

Who is the lovely young sort in your avatar?
Life after Mick? on 13:16 - Jan 26 with 4806 viewsOsborneOneNil

Life after Mick? on 09:27 - Jan 26 by blueblood66

Chin up, do you not want to see a manager who attacks the opposition, goes for 3 points instead of settling for 1? I do, and so do thousands of others, Yes he has done a reasonable job with his brand of safety first football but the world of management has many people looking for opportunites to take a great club back to wher it should be. He isnt the only man in the world capbale of working on a tight budget. Our next manager should be in the Burley mould, a good coach as well as amanger capable of blooding youngsters and having faith with them whilst they develop, something Mick lacks.

Big thumb
Life after Mick? on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 4796 viewsOsborneOneNil

Life after Mick? on 09:27 - Jan 26 by blueblood66

Big thumb
Life after Mick? on 13:23 - Jan 26 with 4780 viewsHerbivore

Life after Mick? on 13:19 - Jan 26 by OsborneOneNil

Big thumb

If the big Pole is in the goal, I wonder where your big thumb is?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024