Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? 21:53 - Jan 28 with 5395 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I know there must have some unhealthy middle aged men on here. I haven't been to the doctors in years but I am suffering with a likely inflamed hearing nerve (here's hoping at this point) and I am on 60mg of these strong anti inflammatory steroids a day. After a horrible first few days of side effects I am now constantly hungry. Like constantly starving and awake. Any tips how to reduce this apart from chewing gum?! I can't put on too much weight, it doesn't go with my cool image.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 21:59 - Jan 28 with 4374 viewshoppy

One for the cyclists here, I should imagine?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:02 - Jan 28 with 4361 viewsBloomBlue

Eat sticks of celery, works every time
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 4355 viewsElderGrizzly

Look on the bright side, you’ll win the Tour de France later in the year...
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 4353 viewsFixed_It

They'll make your dick shrink. Assuming that's possible.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:07 - Jan 28 with 4340 viewshoppy

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:05 - Jan 28 by Fixed_It

They'll make your dick shrink. Assuming that's possible.

How long were you on them for?

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:13 - Jan 28 with 4325 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:07 - Jan 28 by hoppy

How long were you on them for?

Anabolics

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:19 - Jan 28 with 4319 viewsfabian_illness

I was on prednisolone for close to 6 months.
Went from 12stone to 16.5.
Used to get awful heartburn and indigestion.
My insides still suffer.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:33 - Jan 28 with 4275 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:19 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

My insides still suffer.

This is who I need. Could you work out on them? I can't stop fecking eating.

They don't even know that's the problem at this point but he had to put me on them whilst waiting for the MRI.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:33 - Jan 28 with 4269 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 21:59 - Jan 28 by hoppy

One for the cyclists here, I should imagine?

Think it's the other type of steroids.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:36 - Jan 28 with 4258 viewshoppy

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:33 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Think it's the other type of steroids.

Ah, my mistake. Sorry - easy one to make.

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:40 - Jan 28 with 4249 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:33 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This is who I need. Could you work out on them? I can't stop fecking eating.

They don't even know that's the problem at this point but he had to put me on them whilst waiting for the MRI.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:34]

Nasty horrible little tablets.
They sorted a fairly severe problem but caused me no end of issues long term.
You won't feel much like working out!
I was 33 and fit as you like.
Never been the same since.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:42]
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:45 - Jan 28 with 4234 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:40 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

Nasty horrible little tablets.
They sorted a fairly severe problem but caused me no end of issues long term.
You won't feel much like working out!
I was 33 and fit as you like.
Never been the same since.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:42]

It's going to be 21 days so hopefully I will be ok. Trouble is it might not be helping the actual problem of what I am dealing with, fun.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:02 - Jan 28 with 4184 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:45 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's going to be 21 days so hopefully I will be ok. Trouble is it might not be helping the actual problem of what I am dealing with, fun.

Let's hope it sorts you out.

I think they see prednisolone as a big hammer to hit just about any nasty ailment with thats too much for antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon mate.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:07 - Jan 28 with 4177 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:02 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

I think they see prednisolone as a big hammer to hit just about any nasty ailment with thats too much for antibiotics.

Cheers, I've got unexplained severe unilateral hearing loss and constant tinnitus with the side effects of these drugs and the up and coming brain MRI it's not been a fun week. Just want the worst ruled out. Stayed over at some friend this weekend for a distraction and that was nice. Two weeks ago I was a normal 32 year old, oh well, we will see what it is.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 4165 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:07 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Cheers, I've got unexplained severe unilateral hearing loss and constant tinnitus with the side effects of these drugs and the up and coming brain MRI it's not been a fun week. Just want the worst ruled out. Stayed over at some friend this weekend for a distraction and that was nice. Two weeks ago I was a normal 32 year old, oh well, we will see what it is.

Think positive.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:22 - Jan 28 with 4154 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:12 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

Think positive.

Always, I am untouchable.

ITFC on the other hand....
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:43 - Jan 28 with 4126 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:02 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

My boy hasn’t been well last few months, respiratory problems, he’s had to go on the preds for a few days at a time on a good number of occasions. I’m pretty worried about it.

Hope you get yourself right anyway. And you JJJJ.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:45 - Jan 28 with 4121 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:43 - Jan 28 by vapour_trail

My boy hasn’t been well last few months, respiratory problems, he’s had to go on the preds for a few days at a time on a good number of occasions. I’m pretty worried about it.

Thanks.

How old, what dose? I am on 60mg for 14 days, it seems pretty insane to me. I am trying to take them at 6am so I can actually going into the office and be normal by noon.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:48 - Jan 28 with 4116 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:45 - Jan 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thanks.

How old, what dose? I am on 60mg for 14 days, it seems pretty insane to me. I am trying to take them at 6am so I can actually going into the office and be normal by noon.

Seven. 40 mg for three days when he has a problem. He’s not reacted badly to it yet but it ain’t the best is it. Better than him struggling to breathe though.

He scored a couple for his team yesterday, I was relieved he wasn’t drug tested afterwards.

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:50 - Jan 28 with 4111 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:48 - Jan 28 by vapour_trail

Seven. 40 mg for three days when he has a problem. He’s not reacted badly to it yet but it ain’t the best is it. Better than him struggling to breathe though.

He scored a couple for his team yesterday, I was relieved he wasn’t drug tested afterwards.

Yeah let's leave it to the doctors the side effects must outweigh the risks. Although I don't trust them so much over here with the money involved.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 4106 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:43 - Jan 28 by vapour_trail

Mine was respiratory, lungs filling with fluid.

Hope your boy is ok.
Sounds a bit of a goal machine!
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 00:00 - Jan 29 with 4099 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:57 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

Hope your boy is ok.

Cheers man. All the best with that.

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 00:11 - Jan 29 with 4084 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 23:57 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

Hope your boy is ok.

What is annoying me is that he has to just prescribe it and hope for the best (apparently the window is small to get hearing back) these side effects could be for fecking nothing.
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 00:34 - Jan 29 with 4038 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 22:19 - Jan 28 by fabian_illness

My insides still suffer.

I'm not surprised you're still suffering. Prednisolone is a nasty drug and I wouldn't recommend anyone taking it for more than a week.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 2:24]
Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 00:40 - Jan 29 with 4023 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone ever have to take Steroids for a long period of time? on 00:34 - Jan 29 by THAILAND_BLUE

I'm not surprised you're still suffering. Prednisolone is a nasty drug and I wouldn't recommend anyone taking it for more than a week.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 2:24]

It's narly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024