Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager 20:52 - Feb 6 with 2222 viewsBluedanW

Caller on drive time was saying that McCarthy is the manager they need to take over after the departure of Heckingbottom.
If Barnsley were in a more safe position than they are and they could hold on until the end of the season to recruit a new manager, i could of seen this happen with McCarthys links to the Yorkshire club. Darren Gough being a Barnsley boy was agreeing with the caller.
I can't see Evans allowing him to go before his contract, but surely if he is to go at the end of the season maybe it suits both clubs to allow him to go if McCarthy was interested.
We could allow a new manager to bed in now, so he could have a head start for next season, Evans wouldn't have to pay off McCarthys contract and Barnsley could get their manager without a pay off to ipswich. They have new owners which could give McCarthy more money to spend there than he's had available to him here too.
Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 2163 viewsSuperblue95

Don't see it happening. Would be an ideal appointment for them now as he would probably keep them up this season and then consolidate them for a couple of years.

However I don't see him leaving us before the end of the season and unless they make a good appointment I think they will go down this year and won't see McCarthy as the man to take them back up if they do.

Agree that it could potentially be good for all parties if it happened but it won't unfortunately

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Keep clutching at straws on 21:07 - Feb 6 with 2153 viewspickles110564

Super Mick is going nowhere.
Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:18 - Feb 6 with 2105 viewsMullet

Why would Mick go to Barnsley when there are likely more lucrative and easier jobs coming up for him?

I can only see it working if their new owners do the typical thing of chucking money at him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:28 - Feb 6 with 2056 viewsbraveblue

Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:18 - Feb 6 by Mullet

Why would Mick go to Barnsley when there are likely more lucrative and easier jobs coming up for him?

I can only see it working if their new owners do the typical thing of chucking money at him.

Who is going to offer him a lucrative job. Been no offers in all the time he has been here.
Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:36 - Feb 6 with 2004 viewsdavblue

Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:28 - Feb 6 by braveblue

Who is going to offer him a lucrative job. Been no offers in all the time he has been here.

He will get good job offers, he’s overachieved here that won’t go unnoticed.
Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:41 - Feb 6 with 1976 viewsITFC_Forever

No chance .... nice thought though it is, Barnsley’s new money-ball scheme will mean the manager will have no say in the recruitment. Can’t see Mick having that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 22:06 - Feb 6 with 1868 viewsSWGF

Barnsley caller on talk sport wanting McCarthy as new manager on 21:18 - Feb 6 by Mullet

Realistically where would he end up?

Every team above us seems relatively content with their manager and/or have recently appointed them. Those below; Forest, Wednesday and Sunderland didnt approach him when they recently had vacancies. Maybe Hull if Adkins keeps them up and gets the boot. Can't see many obvious choices.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024