Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
08:56 - Feb 22 with 6750 views_

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 08:58 - Feb 22 with 5061 viewsReuser_is_God

What was the story re the Ipswich senior pro?

I’ll give it a listen when I have the time!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 8:59]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:00 - Feb 22 with 5054 viewshype313

He's a lovely guy, the name for his book is so apt. So easy for all of us to say he should have been this and that when he was younger but the fact is, if someone gave me £60-80k a week at 21 I would have probably been dead by the time I reached 24.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 09:07 - Feb 22 with 5048 views_

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 08:58 - Feb 22 by Reuser_is_God

What was the story re the Ipswich senior pro?

I’ll give it a listen when I have the time!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 8:59]

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:09 - Feb 22 with 5035 viewschicoazul

on 09:07 - Feb 22 by _

Wonder if there was a player at Ipswich at the time who fit that description and had history for relieving himself in public.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 5011 views_

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:09 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

Wonder if there was a player at Ipswich at the time who fit that description and had history for relieving himself in public.

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:12 - Feb 22 with 5002 viewsReuser_is_God

on 09:07 - Feb 22 by _

FFS

Evans out

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:35 - Feb 22 with 4945 viewsMattinLondon

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:12 - Feb 22 by Reuser_is_God

FFS

I have a hunch who this ‘senior player’ is and at the time it was common knowledge that he was a bit of an idiot. Could be wrong but I can’t think of any other player who would fit description
Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:36 - Feb 22 with 4927 viewsSuperfrans

on 09:11 - Feb 22 by _

I pre-ordered the book on Kindle and it arrived on my device at midnight last night, so I read it for a couple of hours last night and on the way into work this morning. It's a really excellent read, full of loads of great memories about growing up in Ipswich, and his breakthrough into the first team. Obviously the abuse is recounted too, which is pretty horrible and harrowing...

But, on the subject of this player, the same name occurred to me too. And, funnily enough, there is a part in the book where he references a handful of the players in the first team, not all of them, just a few - and he mentions the player you are thinking of, just states his name.

Given that he was far from being a standout player for us at the time, I thought it was odd for him to be name-checked... But perhaps this is the reason why?

He really was a nasty little scumbag wasn't he.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

posted similar (n/t) on 09:37 - Feb 22 with 4917 viewsDyland

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:00 - Feb 22 by hype313

He's a lovely guy, the name for his book is so apt. So easy for all of us to say he should have been this and that when he was younger but the fact is, if someone gave me £60-80k a week at 21 I would have probably been dead by the time I reached 24.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:39 - Feb 22 with 4911 viewsDyland

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:36 - Feb 22 by Superfrans

I pre-ordered the book on Kindle and it arrived on my device at midnight last night, so I read it for a couple of hours last night and on the way into work this morning. It's a really excellent read, full of loads of great memories about growing up in Ipswich, and his breakthrough into the first team. Obviously the abuse is recounted too, which is pretty horrible and harrowing...

But, on the subject of this player, the same name occurred to me too. And, funnily enough, there is a part in the book where he references a handful of the players in the first team, not all of them, just a few - and he mentions the player you are thinking of, just states his name.

Given that he was far from being a standout player for us at the time, I thought it was odd for him to be name-checked... But perhaps this is the reason why?

He really was a nasty little scumbag wasn't he.

Who who who?

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:45 - Feb 22 with 4888 viewsSuperfrans

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:39 - Feb 22 by Dyland

Who who who?

Nobody is going to name him on here. The reason he isn't named in the book is fear of libel, it seems.

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:47 - Feb 22 with 4877 viewsReuser_is_God

PM me the name.

Evans out

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:47 - Feb 22 with 4874 viewsSuperfrans

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:00 - Feb 22 by hype313

Agreed. He is one of the last (if not THE last) home grown player who truly excited me and watching him debut at 17 and then grow through the next 2/3 years was a genuine privilege. He's done some daft things, but he'll always be a legend to me.

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:49 - Feb 22 with 4868 viewschicoazul

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:39 - Feb 22 by Dyland

Who who who?

Sorry no clue. Obviously not going to name him. No way. No how. Even to hint would be ridiculous. Ridiculous.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 12:00 - Feb 22 with 4701 viewsHipsterectomy

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:49 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

Sorry no clue. Obviously not going to name him. No way. No how. Even to hint would be ridiculous. Ridiculous.

He says that it’s difficult to teach kids nowadays. You can’t get too angry or shout at them. You also need to be aware of their characters and who can take criticism and who can’t. He made reference to a few boys in our youth set up who could potentially be around he senior team but lack the mental or emotional ability to cope.

It was a great podcast. His first meeting with sir bobby where they spoke about Ipswich and he promised dyer he’d take him to Barcelona one day.

Also the response to his ‘disrespect’ of sir bobby. That he saw him as his dad which is why he was so comfortable to shout, sulk or argue with him. You got the feeling that robson saw him as a son figure as well. He refused the captaincy, refused to play, cost them a win and the first thing Robson did was defend him to the press and fans.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 12:06 - Feb 22 with 4681 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Who is it?

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

PM? (n/t) on 14:31 - Feb 22 with 4550 viewsDyland

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 09:45 - Feb 22 by Superfrans

Nobody is going to name him on here. The reason he isn't named in the book is fear of libel, it seems.

on 14:49 - Feb 22 with 4516 views_

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 12:06 - Feb 22 by Pauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Who is it?

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 11:49 - Feb 23 with 4253 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

on 14:49 - Feb 22 by _

Think you've hit the nail on the head :)
Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 4166 viewsFenboyBlue

There's a good full page long interview with Kieron in today's London Metro.
(Tried to find it online to post a link but failed)

Old Too Soon, Smart Too Late is a brilliant title. Something extremely rare in the world of football biogs.
on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 4123 views_

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 11:49 - Feb 23 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Think you've hit the nail on the head :)

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:49 - Feb 23 with 4114 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:45 - Feb 23 by _

So what you're saying is, that it was Ian Marshall?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:53 - Feb 23 with 4107 viewsReuser_is_God

Just watched this.

Absolutely brilliant.

Evans out

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:55 - Feb 23 with 4103 viewsLord_Lucan

Kieron Dyer is a fecking top man - now.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would just luv it if he progressed to Ipswich manager.

Who on here wouldn't rather have KD as manager right now over old wonky nose.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:57 - Feb 23 with 4095 viewsSpruceMoose

Kieron Dyer on the True Geordie Podcast. on 13:55 - Feb 23 by Lord_Lucan

Kieron Dyer is a fecking top man - now.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would just luv it if he progressed to Ipswich manager.

Who on here wouldn't rather have KD as manager right now over old wonky nose.

Well, one day. I like him to actually learn about being a manager first. Giving it to Kieron now would be our equivalent of 'Give it t' Giggsy'.

But yeah, I'd like a man in at the top who felt some love for the club, and the town.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024