Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win today 21:40 - Feb 24 with 2358 viewsGarv

But I'm still not having it that we played well on Wednesday.

Doesnt change much, we will continue to be inconsistent as we have been for 2 and a half years, and limp to somewhere between 10th and 15.

Oh, and same again next year by the sounds of it.

Just spreading the joy.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Good win today on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 2316 viewsFixed_It

Your crystal ball has told you we are going to have similar bad luck with injuries next year too?! Bvgger...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:14]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good win today on 22:16 - Feb 24 with 2297 viewsHerbivore

There's an 8 point gap between us and 15th.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good win today on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 2290 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cheers for the input 👍🏿

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good win today on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 2283 viewsGarv

Good win today on 22:13 - Feb 24 by Fixed_It

Your crystal ball has told you we are going to have similar bad luck with injuries next year too?! Bvgger...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:14]

Probably. You'll always get injuries, we might not get as many next year but at the end of the day we knew the likes of Huws and certainly Bishop were likely to get crocked.

Good win today on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 2275 viewsGarv

Good win today on 22:16 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

There's an 8 point gap between us and 15th.

I see.

Good win today on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 2273 viewsBluefish

On what basis do you think we should be consistently good at this level? Previous performance? Budget? Self entitlement? What is it?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good win today on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 2264 viewsHerbivore

Good win today on 22:22 - Feb 24 by Garv

Probably. You'll always get injuries, we might not get as many next year but at the end of the day we knew the likes of Huws and certainly Bishop were likely to get crocked.

Huws barely missed a game after joining us last season, 13 appearances in the last few months of the season. He's been very unlucky this season.

Good win today on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 2255 viewstextbackup

Good win today on 22:26 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Huws barely missed a game after joining us last season, 13 appearances in the last few months of the season. He's been very unlucky this season.

we on for that bet, I actually missed if there was a reply earlier

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Good win today on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 2259 viewsGarv

Good win today on 22:24 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

On what basis do you think we should be consistently good at this level? Previous performance? Budget? Self entitlement? What is it?

My point is I don't see what is likely to change from those last two and a half years. It's not necessarily the inconsistently that I have a problem with, it's just a painful time to be a spectator at our club right now.

Good win today on 22:29 - Feb 24 with 2251 viewsHerbivore

Good win today on 22:28 - Feb 24 by textbackup

we on for that bet, I actually missed if there was a reply earlier

Yes, I'm happy to take your money. I'm expecting it'll be settled by Xmas.

Good win today on 22:31 - Feb 24 with 2237 viewstextbackup

Good win today on 22:29 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

maybe you can use that money towards some blue and white facepaint

Good win today on 22:33 - Feb 24 with 2226 viewsHerbivore

Good win today on 22:31 - Feb 24 by textbackup

maybe you can use that money towards some blue and white facepaint

I'll need it for the play off final.

Good win today on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 2227 viewsBluefish

Good win today on 22:28 - Feb 24 by Garv

My point is I don't see what is likely to change from those last two and a half years. It's not necessarily the inconsistently that I have a problem with, it's just a painful time to be a spectator at our club right now.

Is it really that bad? We've certainly had some shocking performances over the past 3 seasons but we have improved massively this season and have a lot of reasons to be positive about next season. We are never going to be consistent, we are whatever are and football has left us behind but we have some very exciting prospects coming through and we have a decent bunch of players to help them. We are not full of foreign mercenaries that change every year, we are a blend and have some players that have a true connection with fans. The worst thing is the fan negativity.

Good win today on 22:38 - Feb 24 with 2221 viewstextbackup

Good win today on 22:34 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Is it really that bad? We've certainly had some shocking performances over the past 3 seasons but we have improved massively this season and have a lot of reasons to be positive about next season. We are never going to be consistent, we are whatever are and football has left us behind but we have some very exciting prospects coming through and we have a decent bunch of players to help them. We are not full of foreign mercenaries that change every year, we are a blend and have some players that have a true connection with fans. The worst thing is the fan negativity.

improved massively this season.

last season we were so bad that this season a few passes to the right man seems a massive improvement. its BASIC football, stuff that players already know.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:39]

Good win today on 22:39 - Feb 24 with 2205 viewsBluefish

Good win today on 22:38 - Feb 24 by textbackup

improved massively this season.

last season we were so bad that this season a few passes to the right man seems a massive improvement. its BASIC football, stuff that players already know.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:39]

So it is improved then?

Good win today on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 2198 viewstextbackup

Good win today on 22:39 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

So it is improved then?

if your wife never made you dinner or put out for an entire year, but the following year she managed a pot noodle a week and a w@nk off a month, would you think its worth writing home about?

believe its called standards, they slip and people are accepting of the new levels.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:45]

Good win today on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 2197 viewsGarv

Good win today on 22:34 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

There have been too many performances like Burton and Cardiff (standards have slipped even further than we thought if people enjoyed that) for me not to answer yes to your first question.

Good win today on 22:51 - Feb 24 with 2174 viewsBluefish

Good win today on 22:43 - Feb 24 by textbackup

if your wife never made you dinner or put out for an entire year, but the following year she managed a pot noodle a week and a w@nk off a month, would you think its worth writing home about?

believe its called standards, they slip and people are accepting of the new levels.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:45]

I'd think she has definitely improved

Good win today on 07:25 - Feb 25 with 2028 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good win today on 22:29 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

You’re going to be gutted when we get promoted this year and Huws is surplus to requirements next...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good win today on 07:28 - Feb 25 with 2024 viewschristiand

Good win today on 22:39 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

So it is improved then?

‘Massively’ is surely tongue firmly tucked in cheek?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Good win today on 12:02 - Feb 25 with 1912 viewsNo9

Any away win is a good win
Good win today on 12:48 - Feb 25 with 1885 viewsHennikerBlu

On the game mid week I took two young lads, one an ex season ticket holder and the other supports another team, both thought town gave a good account of themselves. Their back three weren't just big they were mobile and sat in shape pretty much all game. Town struggled to create many chances, but my view for some time is the lack of pace particularly down the flanks, a problem a lot of clubs face.

Inconsistency is a general problem in the league for whole host of reasons. The PNE fans yesterday were not happy (plenty of empty seats...) either and yet they have been on a good run and Norwich fans were booing...how sad.

Our recent run has been solid against decent teams, though we need more creativity and pace (Carayol excepted) and Waghorn and Garner have been out of sorts of late, perhaps because they are doing too much fetching and carrying especially Waghorn.

I sat in the Mermaid with a group of Wolves fans after that game, perhaps they are one of the happiest groups at the moment, but boy have they been through it. Actually they thought we played well and had improved from the game at theirs.

Its a funny old game :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024