Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... 22:38 - Feb 24 with 1114 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course we didn't you daft sods.

Great first half and solid if purposefully dull second half when we'd done enough to earn the win. A few random reflections:

1. Let's give it a month or two rather than a game and a half, but Carayol is looking like a permanent solution to our wide attacker gap we've been filling with loanees. I like Celina but Carayol appears to have a lot of Fraser's simplicity and directness. Keep this up (irrespective of goals) and I'd offer him a longer contract.

2. How sh!t were the Preston fans?!! Punching above their weight, a couple of points off the playoffs and the wailing and gnashing of teeth was surfacing even at 0-0. After we scored, the ultra drumbeat was like ambient muzak to an inevitable loss and the recriminations that will follow. What's wrong with some fans today?

3. Loved the way Garner and Knudsen got stuck in. Yes, they're two of our most feisty players but they led the way today. Great to see players who are so caught up in the moment and want to win even the smallest battles.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:39]

Pronouns: He/Him

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:39 - Feb 24 with 1085 viewstextbackup

literally not seen one person suggest this. carry on tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 1076 viewsBluefish

Point 2 - brilliant, well played

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 1071 viewsDarth_Koont

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:39 - Feb 24 by textbackup

literally not seen one person suggest this. carry on tho

People say it every single time we draw or lose. And you know it, you daft sod.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:43]

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:43 - Feb 24 with 1069 viewsVic

I just hope Carayol finds the consistency that he’s lacked at every other club so far. Don’t like to be negative, but he’s playing for a proper contract at the moment. We’ve had a few who’ve done tha in recent years and then descended to frustrating mediocrity. I really hope he break that trend.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:44 - Feb 24 with 1058 viewstextbackup

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:43 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

People say it every single time we draw or lose. And you know it, you daft sod.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:43]

evidence? once received i'll say sorry. until then you are lying

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 1053 viewsHerbivore

We do always set up for a draw, as evidenced by us starting every game at 0-0.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 1055 viewsDarth_Koont

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:43 - Feb 24 by Vic

I just hope Carayol finds the consistency that he’s lacked at every other club so far. Don’t like to be negative, but he’s playing for a proper contract at the moment. We’ve had a few who’ve done tha in recent years and then descended to frustrating mediocrity. I really hope he break that trend.

Yes, of course. That's why I don't want to base it on his first few weeks.

Having said that he looks like a player who would respond to playing quick and direct, just like Fraser did/does.

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:46 - Feb 24 with 1035 viewsDarth_Koont

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:44 - Feb 24 by textbackup

evidence? once received i'll say sorry. until then you are lying

Seriously? Someone writes it in the aftermath of EVERY SINGLE GAME unless we win.

Pay attention.

Login to get fewer ads

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:48 - Feb 24 with 1025 viewstextbackup

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:46 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

Seriously? Someone writes it in the aftermath of EVERY SINGLE GAME unless we win.

Pay attention.

evidence?

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:54 - Feb 24 with 1007 viewsSarge

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:46 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

Pay attention.

But it's not possible to say "we set up for a draw and got a lucky win" unless we win
We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:54 - Feb 24 with 1010 viewsDarth_Koont

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:48 - Feb 24 by textbackup

evidence?

Really can't believe I'm going to do this but OK I'll give you my report when I can be bothered to spend 5 minutes doing so.

It's a pain in the arse on the phone.

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:55 - Feb 24 with 998 viewsDarth_Koont

We set up for a draw and got a lucky win ... on 22:54 - Feb 24 by Sarge

But it's not possible to say "we set up for a draw and got a lucky win" unless we win

Whoosh!

We went there to win.

Edit: Actually, I've probably whooshed myself. You're right. I meant the "we always set up for a draw" part.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 23:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024