Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's postponement 12:27 - Mar 3 with 9404 viewswarkthisway

Hiding behind the health and safety card shows the lack of passion for football in the town - symptomatic of the general malaise at the club- Cambridge on, Celtic on- just a different attitude really to the importance of the game to the local community. The police of course hate the club since they lost that court case so any decision certainly won't be for the good of the club.

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 21:47 - Mar 3 with 3089 viewsSeablu

You did this as bet right?
'Hey, fellow news section dullards, I'm popping onto the forum to take my muppetry over the -100 mark'
Job done.
Today's postponement on 11:16 - Mar 4 with 3007 viewswarkthisway

Not surprised to receive -25 for my reasoned comments re Police interference at our club. You have all been brainwashed I'm afraid.Pleased tho that Rod Liddle writing in the Times agrees with me- if the club want to put a game on they should be allowed to do so without the interfering left wing nanny state getting involved- and while you are at it lets see the scum Derby back on a Saturday.

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 11:23 - Mar 4 with 3000 viewswarkthisway

Today's postponement on 21:47 - Mar 3 by Seablu

You did this as bet right?
'Hey, fellow news section dullards, I'm popping onto the forum to take my muppetry over the -100 mark'
Job done.

You are one of the brainwashed I refer to - it's dim people that the authorities like to manipulate

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 2994 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 11:23 - Mar 4 by warkthisway

You are one of the brainwashed I refer to - it's dim people that the authorities like to manipulate

You are Citizen Smith , and I claim my 5 pounds.
Today's postponement on 21:43 - Mar 4 with 2922 viewsBrixtonBlue

Today's postponement on 11:16 - Mar 4 by warkthisway

Not surprised to receive -25 for my reasoned comments re Police interference at our club. You have all been brainwashed I'm afraid.Pleased tho that Rod Liddle writing in the Times agrees with me- if the club want to put a game on they should be allowed to do so without the interfering left wing nanny state getting involved- and while you are at it lets see the scum Derby back on a Saturday.

You failed to answer my point that the same amount of police will have to turn up for the re-arranged fixture. Not sure how they've put one over on the club here, unless you think they've done it purely for the extra overtime they'll get for a night game? Which would be a bit of a stretch.

Also, how is it a "left wing nanny state"? Last time I looked we had a right wing government in charge.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Today's postponement on 22:21 - Mar 4 with 2903 viewsOxford_Blue

By definition your post contradicts itself.

If as you say the Police hate the club and therefore were apparently motivated to force the match to be postponed, how on earth can you hold the club, let one the fans, responsible for that decision? It may also have escaped your attention but public transport around the country and in the region was also badly affected by the heavy snow. Does this also constitute evidence of the malaise at the club?

I think you are adding two plus two and getting five. Yes, of course there is a malaise at the club, but this wasn’t the cause of the match being suspended. The cause was that the pitch was frozen, there was heavy snow and thousands of fans couldn’t travel.
Today's postponement on 01:29 - Mar 5 with 2843 viewsWednesdayJon

Today's postponement on 14:08 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

It’s because I’m bored. Though maybe if we were in contention at the top maybe we would be more eager to have the match on - Wednesday fans are fuming at Bristol City keeping the game on due to the issues of getting there.

Bristol City were desperate for the match to go ahead, and i don't blame them one jot. We are in a terrible run of form (which got worse in the event of the actual game) and absolutely decimated by injuries.

But the bigger issue is the total indifference to the travelling fans. On Friday, Avon & Somerset Police were issuing warnings and saying no one should travel unless it was absolutely necessary, yet football fans from Sheffield, and in deed Bristol City fans from outside the immediate area, were not considered at all in the decision to allow the game to go ahead. And likewise with many of the other games which went ahead with fans travelling hundreds of miles.
Today's postponement on 03:24 - Mar 5 with 2827 viewsTractorWood

I work in Cambridge and the weather has been really kind to it. Seems to have completely bypassed us.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

on 07:00 - Mar 5 with 2789 views_

Today's postponement on 18:56 - Mar 3 by warkthisway

What is this a Police state ?

Today's postponement on 08:11 - Mar 5 with 2768 viewsartsbossbeard

This post has everything.

A moan at the club, a way to somehow blame things on a pre-conception of the club plus the ability to work into things that it's not only some "fans" who hate anything the club does, the Police do too.

Fantastic work.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 08:14 - Mar 5 with 2763 views_

Today's postponement on 08:11 - Mar 5 by artsbossbeard

This post has everything.

A moan at the club, a way to somehow blame things on a pre-conception of the club plus the ability to work into things that it's not only some "fans" who hate anything the club does, the Police do too.

Fantastic work.

Today's postponement on 22:47 - Mar 5 with 2691 viewswarkthisway

on 08:14 - Mar 5 by _

Well you have missed the main point as well- it's nothing to do with Mr Plod whether a football match goes on or not any more than if a shop decides to open its doors or a cinema decides to open.

bentnkuqi

on 08:23 - Mar 6 with 2649 views_

Today's postponement on 22:47 - Mar 5 by warkthisway

Well you have missed the main point as well- it's nothing to do with Mr Plod whether a football match goes on or not any more than if a shop decides to open its doors or a cinema decides to open.

Today's postponement on 09:13 - Mar 6 with 2628 viewsblueislander

on 08:23 - Mar 6 by _

He achieved that status with the OP.
Today's postponement on 20:23 - Mar 6 with 2591 viewswarkthisway

Today's postponement on 09:13 - Mar 6 by blueislander

He achieved that status with the OP.

2000 views and only 33 down arrows makes me think it's you in the minority- and just maybe i have a point-the police should concentrate on catching robbers and muggers who are running rife in the county-- it's actually dangerous to walk through the town at night but that's not banned by old bill.

bentnkuqi

on 20:25 - Mar 6 with 2588 views_

Today's postponement on 20:23 - Mar 6 by warkthisway

2000 views and only 33 down arrows makes me think it's you in the minority- and just maybe i have a point-the police should concentrate on catching robbers and muggers who are running rife in the county-- it's actually dangerous to walk through the town at night but that's not banned by old bill.

literal lolerama on 20:26 - Mar 6 with 2587 viewsDyland

Today's postponement on 20:23 - Mar 6 by warkthisway

"2000 views and only 33 down arrows makes me think it's you in the minority- and just maybe i have a point"

Hahahahahaha! :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024