Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... 10:49 - Mar 9 with 1308 viewsKieran_Knows

.... small weekend away until Monday. Have got 5/6 things already booked up for the weekend, but was just wondering if anyone knew of any decent resteraunts/bars for food and drinks in the evening?

Forgot to post this during the week!

Thanks TWTD!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 10:55 - Mar 9 with 1295 viewsCurrie10

Depending how long you're there, get the train to Bratislava for a day trip at least.

50 mins each way on the train, two closest capitals in the world. Around £16 quid return on the day :)
Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 10:57 - Mar 9 with 1291 viewsfactual_blue

I went to Vienna, but it meant nothing to me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 11:06 - Mar 9 with 1267 viewshype313

Classic look at me, nicely done.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 11:07 - Mar 9 with 1265 viewsTIB

Famous for it's ice cream isn't?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 11:14 - Mar 9 with 1250 viewsJakeITFC

I ate really well there, but it is pricy. Two places of note I can remember:

A restaurant called Loca provided clean, local cooking that was exceptional.

Dstrikt Steakhouse, in the Ritz hotel, very good steak, but talking Hawksmoor+ price wise. Do get to choose our own knife though.

Also, the zoo in Tiergarten (and the palace grounds in general) are well worth a visit (they have pandas).
Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 11:28 - Mar 9 with 1234 viewsbluelou

In the city we like
- Ganz Wien - Zollergasse 15 - good bar/club
- Liebling - cafe, good brunch - Zollergasse 6
- Eberts Cocktail Bar - best cocktails in Vienna - Gumpendorfer Str. 51
- 7 Stern Bräu - brewpub at Siebensterngasse 19
- Aragwi, a Georgian Restaurant - Neustiftgasse 3
- Museums Quarter

If you have time, get a train out to Gumpoldskirchen or the Wachau for some excellent wine...they often have festivals on where you can drink all day in the wineries for pretty much nothing

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Touched down in Vienna an hour or so ago.... on 11:55 - Mar 9 with 1213 viewsBlueNomad

Cafe Central is good for a meal. Favourite haunt of many great historical figures.

Vienna is a brilliant city! Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024