Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? 14:30 - Mar 17 with 3089 viewsCaptMickMills

Bit much to say MM is worst ever manager but is he the least liked manager ever?

I saw my first Ipswich game in 1969 and I have never wanted a manager to leave as much as I want MM to leave. John Duncan, Jewel and Keane clearly worse managers but I didn't want them to leave as much as I want MM to leave.

He seems to think he is bigger than the club and it is all about Mick McCarthy. Reduction in crowds alone must make him staying as impossible surely. Fans voting with their feet. No goals in five home games must seal it surely!

I don't object greatly to ME five point plan but MM totally wrong manager to implement it. Only plays young players when he has to and as for attractive football ???
MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:33 - Mar 17 with 3082 viewsBlueBadger

He's got nothing on Roy Keane as far as I'm concerned.

Now there REALLY was someone who thought he was bigger than the club as opposed to Mick's understandable but misguided lashing out. With absolutely nothing to back up his delusion. Throw in terrible football, terrible form, his wilful dismantling of club structures and the apparent(and bewildering) readiness of sections of the Town support to ACCEPT this he was far, far worse than grumpy old Mick.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:34 - Mar 17 with 3070 viewsIllinoisblue

not for me. Keane or Jewell, for being a) rubbish and b) spunking all our money on garbage.

If Mick had a fraction of what those two clowns spent we'd be promoted by now.

Hold your breath and repeat after me: 1.7 BASTARD MILLION for Lee Martin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:37 - Mar 17 with 3057 viewsDarth_Koont

If he is then people are idiots.

He's a simple, fairly direct bloke whose players definitely respect him. So much of the antipathy to Mick is people who project 16 years of hurt onto every utterance and/or feel threatened by Northerners.

Pronouns: He/Him

A million upvotes (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 17 with 3054 viewsDyland

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:33 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

He's got nothing on Roy Keane as far as I'm concerned.

Now there REALLY was someone who thought he was bigger than the club as opposed to Mick's understandable but misguided lashing out. With absolutely nothing to back up his delusion. Throw in terrible football, terrible form, his wilful dismantling of club structures and the apparent(and bewildering) readiness of sections of the Town support to ACCEPT this he was far, far worse than grumpy old Mick.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:39]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:38 - Mar 17 with 3052 viewsBLUEBEAT

Roy Keane.

Jewell doesn't even come close to him. Jewell was just incredibly inept whereas Keane is an all-round horrible human being.

John Duncan comes in second.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:47]

Poll: W or W

A million upvotes (n/t) on 14:39 - Mar 17 with 3032 viewsBlueBadger

A million upvotes (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 17 by Dyland

One of Take That's less popular singles.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:40 - Mar 17 with 3025 viewsBlueBadger

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:38 - Mar 17 by BLUEBEAT

Roy Keane.

Jewell doesn't even come close to him. Jewell was just incredibly inept whereas Keane is an all-round horrible human being.

John Duncan comes in second.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:47]

Jewell comes in second for me for his utter ineptness and unforgivable signing of Scumbag Bowyer.

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 3008 viewsBlueBadger

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:34 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

not for me. Keane or Jewell, for being a) rubbish and b) spunking all our money on garbage.

£2.5 MILLION for Paul Taylor.

Login to get fewer ads

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 3007 viewslongtimefan

Never wanted Keane here and couldn’t wait till he was gone. Odious man. Absolutely different league to MM.
MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:45 - Mar 17 with 2989 viewsDublinBlue84

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:42 - Mar 17 by longtimefan

Never wanted Keane here and couldn’t wait till he was gone. Odious man. Absolutely different league to MM.

Indeed - I was one of them who never wanted him here because I knew exactly what he was like and was against the appointment from day 1.

That didn't stop many on here telling me I had no idea what I was talking about though as they had their wet dreams about Roy Keane.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:48 - Mar 17 with 2981 viewsVic

You’re entitled to your opinion, but get your facts right. He does not only play the youngsters when he has to. I don’t think there’s any argument about that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:49 - Mar 17 with 2978 viewstextbackup

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:34 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

that was clegg/evans paying that money, keane (not defending him) but he gave an opinion of the value and they paid more (I think)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:53 - Mar 17 with 2970 viewstextbackup

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:37 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

If he is then people are idiots.

He's a simple, fairly direct bloke whose players definitely respect him. So much of the antipathy to Mick is people who project 16 years of hurt onto every utterance and/or feel threatened by Northerners.

I think its just northerns I dislike. think their sht doesn't stink, nothing worries them "apparently" but often the biggest fairies going. add to that mick is an out and out bullshter (nydam booing lies)
for me, as I didn't see any of the keane years, MM's my most disliked manager by a mile. jewell was just sht, but knew it, MM is an arrogant pr1ck that thinks he should have credit in the bank from a job he done 4 years ago. he's nothing, spent force, and out of touch. gets a win every now and then and thinks he's reinvented the wheel

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:54 - Mar 17 with 2957 viewsDarth_Koont

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:53 - Mar 17 by textbackup

I think its just northerns I dislike. think their sht doesn't stink, nothing worries them "apparently" but often the biggest fairies going. add to that mick is an out and out bullshter (nydam booing lies)
for me, as I didn't see any of the keane years, MM's my most disliked manager by a mile. jewell was just sht, but knew it, MM is an arrogant pr1ck that thinks he should have credit in the bank from a job he done 4 years ago. he's nothing, spent force, and out of touch. gets a win every now and then and thinks he's reinvented the wheel

Hehe. You idiot.

Pronouns: He/Him

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:55 - Mar 17 with 2950 viewsIllinoisblue

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:49 - Mar 17 by textbackup

that was clegg/evans paying that money, keane (not defending him) but he gave an opinion of the value and they paid more (I think)

imagine Clegg having anything to do with important football decisions.

62 - 78 - 81

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:57 - Mar 17 with 2932 viewsIllinoisblue

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:42 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

£2.5 MILLION for Paul Taylor.

please don't say that

62 - 78 - 81

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 15:00 - Mar 17 with 2916 viewspoppiesman

Roy Keane wins that's by a country mile for me.
A nasty person and by far a worse manager than McCarthy.
MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 15:08 - Mar 17 with 2890 viewsBlueBadger

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:49 - Mar 17 by textbackup

ANY money for Martin was too much. Even without the benefit of hindsight. His career to date had been hugely unremarkable.

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 15:24 - Mar 17 with 2829 viewsFixed_It

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? on 14:53 - Mar 17 by textbackup

Good God! Do you really believe some of the sh!t you come out with?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024