Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to do in Dusseldorf 19:08 - Mar 24 with 3079 viewsFixed_It

The missus has booked a girls' weekend away* in Dusseldorf in November. She's not interested in football (which does have it's advantages!), but I said I'd ask the TWTD travel gurus for any advice for sights to see and bars to visit. The Christmas Market is on the list - any other suggestions?

*I'm not invited obviously!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 20:23 - Mar 24 with 3026 viewsBasuco

There are a few ideas here, but I would recommend the Rhine Tower as a must and of course the old town for an evening drink or two.
https://www.thecrazytourist.com/25-best-things-dusseldorf-germany/
Things to do in Dusseldorf on 20:31 - Mar 24 with 3019 viewsartsbossbeard

Right.

A meal up the top of tower on the riverside is well worth doing but needs booking in advance. They can also visit the bar at the top during the day, have a drink and have a fantastic view back over into Dusseldorf. No need to book.

Christmas Market, I believe, is set up in the Aldstadt area and that's where all the decent bars are situated. Dusseldorf gets rammed at weekends for German Hen & Stag trips but suspect that this won't be so prevalent in November.

There's a fantastic shopping area with all the decent brands plus some really good eateries too - Chinese, Sushi & Ice Cream Parlours.

Also, it's a place where you feel safe and Lucan's one criticism of the place was that it was sanitised, there's no dangerous underbelly that you get in some cities, which is great for the ladies.

Drop me a PM if they want a decent hotel option, the one that we stayed in (twice) is superb. The away footy teams stay there when playing Fortuna as did they gypsy boxer geezer whose name escapes me.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 20:31]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 22:13 - Mar 24 with 2933 viewsFixed_It

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 20:31 - Mar 24 by artsbossbeard

Right.

A meal up the top of tower on the riverside is well worth doing but needs booking in advance. They can also visit the bar at the top during the day, have a drink and have a fantastic view back over into Dusseldorf. No need to book.

Christmas Market, I believe, is set up in the Aldstadt area and that's where all the decent bars are situated. Dusseldorf gets rammed at weekends for German Hen & Stag trips but suspect that this won't be so prevalent in November.

There's a fantastic shopping area with all the decent brands plus some really good eateries too - Chinese, Sushi & Ice Cream Parlours.

Also, it's a place where you feel safe and Lucan's one criticism of the place was that it was sanitised, there's no dangerous underbelly that you get in some cities, which is great for the ladies.

Drop me a PM if they want a decent hotel option, the one that we stayed in (twice) is superb. The away footy teams stay there when playing Fortuna as did they gypsy boxer geezer whose name escapes me.

Cheers.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 22:18 - Mar 24 with 2928 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 20:31 - Mar 24 by artsbossbeard

Right.

Tyson Fury?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 23:03 - Mar 24 with 2902 viewsRob88

I don’t know what kind of group they are and what they are after but we (me and a few mates) flew into Dusseldorf before venturing on to Dortmund and cologne and from an early 20s “lads” perspective it didn’t have much to offer.

My guess would be the Christmas market is probably one of the better things to do.
Things to do in Dusseldorf on 08:19 - Mar 25 with 2828 viewsellerblue

Hi mate i was born bred in Ipswich but have lived with my german wife in Düsseldorf since Sept 2015 Xmas market this year is opening on the 22nd November and closing on the 30th December (closed on Sunday 25 th november and also on Xmas day ) any information you require PM me and if i can help i will.

Heinsberg Blue

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 08:32 - Mar 25 with 2809 viewsellerblue

What weekend arre they thinking of coming over on Saturday 11th November is Martinstag which is the Carnivel start day and that is something to behold with a fantastic parade and in the Aldstat the beer flows and it is rammed.

Heinsberg Blue

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 10:29 - Mar 25 with 2742 viewsgreyhound

Dusseldorf has a great knitting scene best outlets listed below.

https://m.yelp.co.uk/search?cflt=knittingsupplies&find_loc=Düsseldorf%2C+Nord
Login to get fewer ads

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 12:32 - Mar 25 with 2698 viewsSlambo

Cologne's only a short train ride away as well...and Koblenz a bit further down the Rhein is a beautiful city...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 13:57 - Mar 25 with 2654 viewsBlueastheycome

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 23:03 - Mar 24 by Rob88

I don’t know what kind of group they are and what they are after but we (me and a few mates) flew into Dusseldorf before venturing on to Dortmund and cologne and from an early 20s “lads” perspective it didn’t have much to offer.

My guess would be the Christmas market is probably one of the better things to do.

When it's the weekend, the sun is out and there's a busy but chilled vibe around, there's no better place to be in the world than on the session than in "the worlds longest bar" which is the nickname for the Aldstadt or 'Old Town' in Dusseldorf. Cheap (ish) beer, friendly locals and a nice range of bars. Gets a 9/10 from me every time I go over.
Things to do in Dusseldorf on 20:44 - Mar 25 with 2584 viewsRob88

Things to do in Dusseldorf on 13:57 - Mar 25 by Blueastheycome

When it's the weekend, the sun is out and there's a busy but chilled vibe around, there's no better place to be in the world than on the session than in "the worlds longest bar" which is the nickname for the Aldstadt or 'Old Town' in Dusseldorf. Cheap (ish) beer, friendly locals and a nice range of bars. Gets a 9/10 from me every time I go over.

I wish we had known that before we went.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024