Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible 13:27 - Apr 11 with 38956 viewsGeefunk

European nations

I would really support this. Putin is out of control and this would really hurt them
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 2482 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:33 - Apr 12 by No9

If's & But's. If the UK (& others) had not sold large quantities of chemicals & weaponry to the Middle East regimes we may not have been having this conversation. If Mr Cameron had got with the Americans et al and pushed for a cessation to hostilities with toher countries backed by a UN peace keeping zone we may not be on the brink of war now.
If the American president stopped stupid tweets and spoke to the Russians about a dual approcah to removing Assad peacefully there may be some accord but as it is we look like going to war.
It is beginning to look like Sailsbury was a precursor

Agree with nearly all of that but do people really think Trump writes those tweets?

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:46 - Apr 12 with 2474 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:39 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

Generally agree but why does any state have chemical weapons labs if they're not gassing people?

A fair point, I would suspect mostly for historic reasons during the cold war and latterly to combat and analyse any such attacks. They should be a thing of the past in general though but whilst one country still has them everyone else is going to have them as well.

However if there is evidence of attacks in a country and they have labs then that would seem to be a good target if there is going to be any action.

As an aside, why do you downvote all the posts - many were fairly balanced. You just downvote everything without ever giving a reason why. What's the point?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 9:47]
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:48 - Apr 12 with 2472 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 20:26 - Apr 11 by Bluesquid

Steve_M, why the down vote?

Think it's a real baby that the White Helmets are rescuing?

"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 20:29]

"I'm not saying, I'm just asking the question"

That's just tinfoil hat FOX news, leading, speculative and all the way through "dissecting" the material with opinions not reporting it. They're just subverting the news genre and presenting their cynicism as equal reporting.

To think you're swallowing that tripe and presenting it as evidence or an alternative is half the problem. It's utter garbage.

"They are actually harming the baby" despite not being able to see what is going on, and that being proof it's a set up? They're full of sh1t.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 2470 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:19 - Apr 12 by No9

Do you believe the US holds to those sanctions?
How much stuff does Haliburton send to iran each year, or how many containers turn up in Iran & what is in them?

Your implications are that there shuld be no discussions just action.

Why don't you believe they impose those sanctions? What does Halliburton have to do with military hardware being sold to Iran?

I've not said that at all. I've said that Russia has no interest in seeing Assad leave power. The entire premise of your discussions point is totally flawed.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 2466 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:42 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

Agree with nearly all of that but do people really think Trump writes those tweets?

You may agree with it but removing Assad from power in agreement with the Russians is totally flawed. They have no interest in that happening or they wouldn't have entered Syria in the first place.

We have to live in the real world here and they won't risk losing Tartus naval port.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:56 - Apr 12 with 2465 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:46 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

A fair point, I would suspect mostly for historic reasons during the cold war and latterly to combat and analyse any such attacks. They should be a thing of the past in general though but whilst one country still has them everyone else is going to have them as well.

However if there is evidence of attacks in a country and they have labs then that would seem to be a good target if there is going to be any action.

As an aside, why do you downvote all the posts - many were fairly balanced. You just downvote everything without ever giving a reason why. What's the point?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 9:47]

Completely disagree. Chemical weapons facilities should not be attacked, that's like using chemical weapons yourself. International protocol should be followed in order to get them closed down and decommissioned. If you bomb places you suspect of being illegal storage places for such weapons you can bomb any target using chemical weapons yourself and claim you are right. Or you can just say you were given poor intelligence but "hey ho, it's a war and"... I really can't be bothered to go on.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 2461 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:56 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

Completely disagree. Chemical weapons facilities should not be attacked, that's like using chemical weapons yourself. International protocol should be followed in order to get them closed down and decommissioned. If you bomb places you suspect of being illegal storage places for such weapons you can bomb any target using chemical weapons yourself and claim you are right. Or you can just say you were given poor intelligence but "hey ho, it's a war and"... I really can't be bothered to go on.

Not able to back up squid's source eh?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 2461 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:53 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

You may agree with it but removing Assad from power in agreement with the Russians is totally flawed. They have no interest in that happening or they wouldn't have entered Syria in the first place.

We have to live in the real world here and they won't risk losing Tartus naval port.

You picked one of the bits I didn't agree with entirely and are making out that I agree with it. You shouldn't lecture people on reading posts properly if you can't do so yourself. If in doubt ask for clarification.

Login to get fewer ads

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 2454 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:01 - Apr 12 by Mullet

Not able to back up squid's source eh?

No idea what you're talking about.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:04 - Apr 12 with 2452 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:56 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

It's absolutely nothing like using chemical weapons yourself. What an incredible thing to say.

That would be lovely, will you call Assad and ask him to let in the international decommissioners?

You are essentially saying any state can do whatever it wants as long as it says no to international inspections and decommissioning. I would rather each case was taken on it's individual circumstances.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:04 - Apr 12 with 2451 viewsNo9

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:51 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Why don't you believe they impose those sanctions? What does Halliburton have to do with military hardware being sold to Iran?

I've not said that at all. I've said that Russia has no interest in seeing Assad leave power. The entire premise of your discussions point is totally flawed.

So your only answer is to remove Russia from Syrai using military force?

You don't understand who Haliburton are?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 2443 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:01 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

You picked one of the bits I didn't agree with entirely and are making out that I agree with it. You shouldn't lecture people on reading posts properly if you can't do so yourself. If in doubt ask for clarification.

Maybe you should be clearer in your responses on the bits you do and don't agree with. It's not for me to take each sentence and ask if you entirely, mostly or don't agree with it.

Let's take the bit you did agree with then (an assumption you agree with it as your post isn't clear and you've already said you don't disagree on Assad being removed). You seem happy to accept criticism of US weapons sales to the ME but when I pointed out that Russia sells almost as much and is on an upward trajectory to pass the US sales you downvoted the post. Care to explain?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 2433 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:03 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

No idea what you're talking about.

Why the downvote (not that they seem to be anything other than automatic) for someone actually bothering to watch his source and apply a proper analysis of it?

Especially with no comment. It's typical of the weakness in your make up and argument to adopt this kind of zealotry to "alternative" media, which is in fact generally just unrelenting questioning of events with no joined up thinking.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 2433 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:04 - Apr 12 by No9

So your only answer is to remove Russia from Syrai using military force?

You don't understand who Haliburton are?

Seriously, this is getting beyond silly now.

Where, anywhere, have I said Russia should be removed by force from Syria. In fact, where have I ever mentioned attacking a Russia target in Syria.

Outright lying about what people have said doesn't put you in a good light. It's also incredibly annoying. Why are you doing it?

Halliburton are an energy and gas company supplying equipment for that sector as well as military contracts. I don't believe they manufacture and sell weapons though do they so how was it relevant? I also am aware of the scandal of the contracts awarded back in 2003 but that's not relevant either to what we were discussing which was military sanctions.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:18 - Apr 12 with 2427 viewsNo9

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:04 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

It's absolutely nothing like using chemical weapons yourself. What an incredible thing to say.

That would be lovely, will you call Assad and ask him to let in the international decommissioners?

You are essentially saying any state can do whatever it wants as long as it says no to international inspections and decommissioning. I would rather each case was taken on it's individual circumstances.

According to Reuters, Assad himself requested international inspectors were allowed in to see the site(s)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/u-s-russia-clash-at-u-n-

This may now happen but will Trump stop it?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:18 - Apr 12 with 2424 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:04 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

a - yes it is. if you're against innocents being subjected to chemical weapons then you risk doing exactly that if you bomb such places.

b - if I recall well he agree to the decommissioning of such weapons which was overseen by international inspectors not so long ago.

c- no I'm not essentially saying that. I agree that each case should be viewed on individual circumstances.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:27 - Apr 12 with 2411 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:09 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Maybe you should be clearer in your responses on the bits you do and don't agree with. It's not for me to take each sentence and ask if you entirely, mostly or don't agree with it.

Let's take the bit you did agree with then (an assumption you agree with it as your post isn't clear and you've already said you don't disagree on Assad being removed). You seem happy to accept criticism of US weapons sales to the ME but when I pointed out that Russia sells almost as much and is on an upward trajectory to pass the US sales you downvoted the post. Care to explain?

Maybe you should be clearer in your responses on the bits you do and don't agree with.
- I wasn't commenting on what you had written. My clarity does not have to extend to all that my potentially read my comments. If I did that my comments would be excessively lengthy and unreadable.

It's not for me to take each sentence and ask if you entirely, mostly or don't agree with it.
- as i said i wasn't responding to you unless you double up as no.9 which is unlikely.

Let's take the bit you did agree with then (an assumption you agree with it as your post isn't clear and you've already said you don't disagree on Assad being removed).
- i didn't say that.

You seem happy to accept criticism of US weapons sales to the ME
- depends what weapons and to whom. Your assertion of what i believe is simplistic to the point of being wrong.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 2410 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:18 - Apr 12 by No9

According to Reuters, Assad himself requested international inspectors were allowed in to see the site(s)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/u-s-russia-clash-at-u-n-

This may now happen but will Trump stop it?

That's different.

That's to inspect the alleged attack site, not the labs. It would be a welcome move if they could inspect the site, assuming not too much time has passed. Chemical weapons tend to have a short lifetime once exposed to the environment.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:29 - Apr 12 with 2407 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:18 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

a - yes it is. if you're against innocents being subjected to chemical weapons then you risk doing exactly that if you bomb such places.

b - if I recall well he agree to the decommissioning of such weapons which was overseen by international inspectors not so long ago.

c- no I'm not essentially saying that. I agree that each case should be viewed on individual circumstances.

A - That is totally dependent on location and circumstance specific as I said. In this case the labs are in bunkers in the mountains far from any innocents. Decommissioning by international agency is of course far better than military action.

B - Yes they were, in 2014. However it later became apparent that Syria had likely not declared 19 sites and they delayed the process so much things could be moved around. The process is outlined on Wiki. I don't think he's agreed to anything since 2014 unless I am mistaken.

C - Excellent.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:30 - Apr 12 with 2404 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:13 - Apr 12 by Mullet

Why the downvote (not that they seem to be anything other than automatic) for someone actually bothering to watch his source and apply a proper analysis of it?

Especially with no comment. It's typical of the weakness in your make up and argument to adopt this kind of zealotry to "alternative" media, which is in fact generally just unrelenting questioning of events with no joined up thinking.

what downvote?

when did the Sun become alternate media?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:32 - Apr 12 with 2400 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:30 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

what downvote?

when did the Sun become alternate media?

The one on my post deconstructing squid's awful source and terrible use of the bard.

You're so indoctrinated you don't even know what you're doing it seems!

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:33 - Apr 12 with 2393 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:48 - Apr 12 by Mullet

"I'm not saying, I'm just asking the question"

That's just tinfoil hat FOX news, leading, speculative and all the way through "dissecting" the material with opinions not reporting it. They're just subverting the news genre and presenting their cynicism as equal reporting.

To think you're swallowing that tripe and presenting it as evidence or an alternative is half the problem. It's utter garbage.

"They are actually harming the baby" despite not being able to see what is going on, and that being proof it's a set up? They're full of sh1t.

I think that a clip intented to push a narrative and agenda which is accepted by the media and fed to the public showing a Western backed/funded humanitarian organisation rescuing a doll from the rubble speaks for itself.

Do you think it's a real baby?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 2384 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:29 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

A - That is totally dependent on location and circumstance specific as I said. In this case the labs are in bunkers in the mountains far from any innocents. Decommissioning by international agency is of course far better than military action.

B - Yes they were, in 2014. However it later became apparent that Syria had likely not declared 19 sites and they delayed the process so much things could be moved around. The process is outlined on Wiki. I don't think he's agreed to anything since 2014 unless I am mistaken.

C - Excellent.

Yes they were, in 2014. However it later became apparent that Syria had likely not declared 19 sites and they delayed the process so much things could be moved around. The process is outlined on Wiki. I don't think he's agreed to anything since 2014 unless I am mistaken.

"likely" - military intervention should rest on more than "likely"
"wiki" - wiki's good at times but i'm not sure evidence at times like this should be sourced from wiki.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:37 - Apr 12 with 2382 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:10 - Apr 12 by No9

Why is it any more blinkered than your view which seems to be that only a full scale war in the ME will resolve the issues ?
If Iran would attack why didnt they? & don't forget it wasn't the Russians that armed them (in the Iran Iraq war) but the Americans & mayb e they still did / do.
Are you forgetting Trump was going to pull American troops out of Syria? Why has he changed his mind?
Have you read & considered what the ex UK ambassador to Sryia has said this morning?

Interview with Peter Ford the former ambassador to Syria -

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:40 - Apr 12 with 2378 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:33 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

I think that a clip intented to push a narrative and agenda which is accepted by the media and fed to the public showing a Western backed/funded humanitarian organisation rescuing a doll from the rubble speaks for itself.

Do you think it's a real baby?

I have no idea, they showed one still - why is that? Why not a series of them?

It's quite possible they're right, but highly unlikely given how they go about it. It's also worth noting they are selecting one event to colour the whole conflict and media output of the "West" which is so nonsensical it doesn't really stand up long enough to pick it apart.

If you understand anything about Syria, or similar conflicts where chaos and media blackouts obstruct the truth you'd know to extrapolate from any singular place is foolish. Yet these guys are presenting themselves as authoritative and they're sat in a a room where exactly?

I think it's more likely that the Sun knows a story like that will get clicks and is a thruway segment to garner attention to the rest of their stuff. The news has done it for decades with "fluff" pieces at the end of bulletins for example.

Regardless, the amateurs you put up are bloody terrible and far more leading and propagandist than even the Sun can be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024