Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible 13:27 - Apr 11 with 38893 viewsGeefunk

European nations

I would really support this. Putin is out of control and this would really hurt them
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:38 - Apr 11 with 4660 viewsbuoyant

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:29 - Apr 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Were MSF members kidnapped by IS? Do they (Msf) operate in YPG areas?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 21:31]

Yes with assurances that they wouldn't be harmed believe it or not. They were kidnapped and released unharmed but it changed MSF strategy as a result.

As for YPG, you'll find this link quite useful https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2018/21-february-13-hospitals-supported-by-msf-in

UTT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:42 - Apr 11 with 4652 viewsGlasgowBlue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:36 - Apr 11 by m14_blue

How has this got down votes?

is it because it doesn't fit with a YouTube conspiracy? What agenda do you actually think is being pushed here??

You only have to look at who is doing the down voting.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:46 - Apr 11 with 4630 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:42 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

You only have to look at who is doing the down voting.

Well that's constructive after you have had all of one exchange with Hurley Burley......#crossmeatyourperil

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:49 - Apr 11 with 4636 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 17:51 - Apr 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Would make more sense than Assad doing it........but he's a mad Gadaffi/Hussain lunatic type....if only he fought clean wars like us good guys!

Edit.....passing thought but in the recent crop of videos it seems only children were affected, I haven't seen any with adults being treated. Found it a bit odd too that it was chlorine but with a little hint of nerve gas(talk about being on trend!)
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 17:55]

What I find odd is that this whole scenario was predicted by Russia in March.

BOT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:52 - Apr 11 with 4633 viewsbuoyant

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:36 - Apr 11 by m14_blue

How has this got down votes?

is it because it doesn't fit with a YouTube conspiracy? What agenda do you actually think is being pushed here??

As usual there will be multiple agendas being pushed and sides being taken and then changed mainly based on either, resources, clan shifts, weapons availability and most importantly who will feed you and your family, region, etc, now.

When you are in these areas of conflict you soon learn that there are few rules and information is clouded at best and intelligence is often contradictory.

War is a mess and there are even fewer rules when it is protracted with multiple actors like in Syria It's absolutely desperate and people will do anything to survive.

There are no answers, so people who think they have them are deluded.

UTT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:54 - Apr 11 with 4625 viewsHarry_Palmer

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 20:11 - Apr 11 by lowhouseblue

very good article. lots of the propaganda against the white helmets has been posted on here over the years.

It's all lies I tell ya! My Government would never lie to me though, I know they wouldn't.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:57 - Apr 11 with 4620 viewsGlasgowBlue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:52 - Apr 11 by buoyant

As usual there will be multiple agendas being pushed and sides being taken and then changed mainly based on either, resources, clan shifts, weapons availability and most importantly who will feed you and your family, region, etc, now.

When you are in these areas of conflict you soon learn that there are few rules and information is clouded at best and intelligence is often contradictory.

War is a mess and there are even fewer rules when it is protracted with multiple actors like in Syria It's absolutely desperate and people will do anything to survive.

There are no answers, so people who think they have them are deluded.

I think you are right saying there are no answers to the current situation in Syria. Had we enforced a no fly zone 5 years ago to protect the civilian population and set up good clean refugee camps in Syria where people could feel safe then there may have been a positive outcome for the people. But since the Russians came in after the West's inaction I can't see a happy end to this at all.

Iron Lion Zion

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:03 - Apr 11 with 4609 viewsm14_blue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:36 - Apr 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's a very odd thing to down vote isn't it....mind you the whole voting thing is a little over rated!

Couldn't resist the upvote
Login to get fewer ads

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:04 - Apr 11 with 4603 viewslloydy84

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:57 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I think you are right saying there are no answers to the current situation in Syria. Had we enforced a no fly zone 5 years ago to protect the civilian population and set up good clean refugee camps in Syria where people could feel safe then there may have been a positive outcome for the people. But since the Russians came in after the West's inaction I can't see a happy end to this at all.

the rebels, who are actually terrorists, could stop terrorising?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:15 - Apr 11 with 4590 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:24 - Apr 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

The problem is that we are being bombarded with BS from all directions. However despite my caveats in the previous posts and that video does look suspect you are making a big leap to try and discredit this group in their entirety. Slumps post does debunk some of the propoganda against them (which I had seen but not swallowed) and even fleetingly included some criticism of how their members have acted.
It is a war and all I know about the fog of it is that a know nothing and experience has taught more not to accept anything dressed up as facts.

Well im sure you are aware of my stance of how i do not particularly believe tyrants and dictators, it's just that i disbelieve alqaida/isis linked jihadi extremist terrorists much much more.

There was a channel 4 news segment video that was also up on youtube but got pulled showing members of the 'moderate' opposition as bakers, butchers(true) and candlestick makers who had now taken up arms and were fighting the good fight against Assad.

Problem was that their news segment contained members of a terrorist group that was responsible for the beheading of a 12 year old Palestinian child.
The White Helmets are also seen side by side with these bakers and candle stick makers.

Now before i had viewed the channel 4 news segment i had actually seen some of that actual beheading clip - the deathsquad members taunting the child but could not continue to watch as i was so totally sickened and traumatized by it.

So i hope you can understand my scepticism toward these media clips featuring jihadi extremist terrorists that one minute behead children and then to my shock, horror and disbelief appear on my tv screen as im sitting down with a cup of tea to watch channel 4 news.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 0:22]
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:16 - Apr 11 with 4588 viewsbuoyant

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:57 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I'd rather that we not be involved directly at all. Our record in dealing with these situations is diabolical.

We do however have "friends" and supposed enemies who we are obviously on talking terms with in the region that could and should intervene but what pressure do we put on them?

I was in Darfur after the airstrikes and subsequent fall of the regime in Libya, it was an absolute free for all in Sudan and Chad, weapons everywhere. Supplied by......

You've guessed it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 22:23]

UTT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:58 - Apr 11 with 4540 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:49 - Apr 11 by BorisOrTrevor

What I find odd is that this whole scenario was predicted by Russia in March.

Or alternatively and I'm not saying this is the case, it's incredibly easy to predict something if you know you're going to engineer it the next month.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:30 - Apr 11 with 4519 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 21:29 - Apr 11 by buoyant

So then keyboard warriors, which part of this are you going to dispute?

You can of course continue your garden shed broadcasters rather than people living it there of course which if it wasn't so serious I'd simply laugh, but it's not and you should stfu

I reiterate, you really have not got a clue, please stop.

"Garden shed broadcasters rather than people living it there"

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is quoted by news organisations all over World.
In the UK, all over Europe, the US. From the BBC to the Guardian, CNN to Reuters. The SOHR's coverage is absolutely massive.

Damascus? Homs? Aleppo?

No, a two bedroom house in Coventry.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 0:25]
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 07:34 - Apr 12 with 4429 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:03 - Apr 11 by m14_blue

Couldn't resist the upvote

I shall put it with my treasured things!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:01 - Apr 12 with 4427 viewsGlasgowBlue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 22:16 - Apr 11 by buoyant

I'd rather that we not be involved directly at all. Our record in dealing with these situations is diabolical.

We do however have "friends" and supposed enemies who we are obviously on talking terms with in the region that could and should intervene but what pressure do we put on them?

I was in Darfur after the airstrikes and subsequent fall of the regime in Libya, it was an absolute free for all in Sudan and Chad, weapons everywhere. Supplied by......

You've guessed it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 22:23]

May has called a meeting of her War cabinet today. On this occasion I agree with Corbyn that we need a Parliamentary debate and vote on taking military action.

I think we should take it but it needs Parliamentary agreement.

Iron Lion Zion

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:05 - Apr 12 with 4426 viewsBloomBlue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:01 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

May has called a meeting of her War cabinet today. On this occasion I agree with Corbyn that we need a Parliamentary debate and vote on taking military action.

I disagree we don't need a parliamentary debate on this topic. You cannot debate and give him chance to gas more people
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:24 - Apr 12 with 4415 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:01 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

Unless May makes a lot more information public (if she has it) it's going to be a very vague debate based on historical evidence and trends. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have a parliamentary debate and vote though.

If there is a response, it should be specifically restricted to the chemical weapons labs, storage and delivery systems of the Assad regime. If he's not gassing people as he claims then he doesn't need it anyway. There also shouldn't be any civilians in those facilities given their locations in the mountains.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:33 - Apr 12 with 4406 viewsNo9

If's & But's. If the UK (& others) had not sold large quantities of chemicals & weaponry to the Middle East regimes we may not have been having this conversation. If Mr Cameron had got with the Americans et al and pushed for a cessation to hostilities with toher countries backed by a UN peace keeping zone we may not be on the brink of war now.
If the American president stopped stupid tweets and spoke to the Russians about a dual approcah to removing Assad peacefully there may be some accord but as it is we look like going to war.
It is beginning to look like Sailsbury was a precursor
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:59 - Apr 12 with 4394 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:33 - Apr 12 by No9

If's & But's. If the UK (& others) had not sold large quantities of chemicals & weaponry to the Middle East regimes we may not have been having this conversation. If Mr Cameron had got with the Americans et al and pushed for a cessation to hostilities with toher countries backed by a UN peace keeping zone we may not be on the brink of war now.
If the American president stopped stupid tweets and spoke to the Russians about a dual approcah to removing Assad peacefully there may be some accord but as it is we look like going to war.

I think that's quite a blinkered view and ultimately very simplistic. It needs to be looked at holistically.

I agree the UK and US have sold a lot of weapons to some unsavoury countries and probably shouldn't have done so but so have the Russians. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Egypt and other ME states have bought 23bn USD worth of weapons from the Russians in 2017 (just below US sales and they have other undisclosed sales which aren't released to the public record). They are the second largest arms sellers in the world after the US. They also sell their better kit and they do it with no strings attached.

Whilst I agree it's wrong, if the US/UK didn't sell arms to the countries like you suggest you could have seen Iran (or a coalition) marching across a lot of the ME putting the Ayatollahs in control of the whole region backed by purchased Russian weapons. The balance of power would have gone totally out of the window - is that any better?

For your last paragraph, why would the Russians want Assad removed? They are keeping him in power so they can have a Mediterranean port (Tartus) for their fleet. They aren't going to give that up. The continual blaming of the west and the apologising for Russia by people is getting increasingly tiresome.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:06 - Apr 12 with 4384 viewsGlasgowBlue

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:33 - Apr 12 by No9

Russia want Assad out? He gives Russia access to the Mediterranean by having warships in Tartus. Russia want Assad exactly wephere he is until anothe puppet can be lined up.

What do you mean by your Salisbury comment?

Iron Lion Zion

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:10 - Apr 12 with 4381 viewsNo9

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:59 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

I think that's quite a blinkered view and ultimately very simplistic. It needs to be looked at holistically.

I agree the UK and US have sold a lot of weapons to some unsavoury countries and probably shouldn't have done so but so have the Russians. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Egypt and other ME states have bought 23bn USD worth of weapons from the Russians in 2017 (just below US sales and they have other undisclosed sales which aren't released to the public record). They are the second largest arms sellers in the world after the US. They also sell their better kit and they do it with no strings attached.

Whilst I agree it's wrong, if the US/UK didn't sell arms to the countries like you suggest you could have seen Iran (or a coalition) marching across a lot of the ME putting the Ayatollahs in control of the whole region backed by purchased Russian weapons. The balance of power would have gone totally out of the window - is that any better?

For your last paragraph, why would the Russians want Assad removed? They are keeping him in power so they can have a Mediterranean port (Tartus) for their fleet. They aren't going to give that up. The continual blaming of the west and the apologising for Russia by people is getting increasingly tiresome.

Why is it any more blinkered than your view which seems to be that only a full scale war in the ME will resolve the issues ?
If Iran would attack why didnt they? & don't forget it wasn't the Russians that armed them (in the Iran Iraq war) but the Americans & mayb e they still did / do.
Are you forgetting Trump was going to pull American troops out of Syria? Why has he changed his mind?
Have you read & considered what the ex UK ambassador to Sryia has said this morning?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:15 - Apr 12 with 4375 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:10 - Apr 12 by No9

Why is it any more blinkered than your view which seems to be that only a full scale war in the ME will resolve the issues ?
If Iran would attack why didnt they? & don't forget it wasn't the Russians that armed them (in the Iran Iraq war) but the Americans & mayb e they still did / do.
Are you forgetting Trump was going to pull American troops out of Syria? Why has he changed his mind?
Have you read & considered what the ex UK ambassador to Sryia has said this morning?

Where have I said there should be a war in the ME? I've not once said that or even implied it so please stop making up peoples opinions for them. I've said there are two sides to this, something you seem totally unwilling to accept.

Perhaps you should read the contents of the posts before you respond. There is a balance of power in the ME with approximate weapon parity between the US and Russian sales. It's not a good thing, everyone can agree that, but it's better than the alternative. As for Iran being armed by the US - that was nearly 40 years ago and all that stuff is totally obsolete. There are US sanctions on Iran so of course they don't arm them - why post such stuff with no evidence?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:19 - Apr 12 with 4367 viewsNo9

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:15 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Where have I said there should be a war in the ME? I've not once said that or even implied it so please stop making up peoples opinions for them. I've said there are two sides to this, something you seem totally unwilling to accept.

Perhaps you should read the contents of the posts before you respond. There is a balance of power in the ME with approximate weapon parity between the US and Russian sales. It's not a good thing, everyone can agree that, but it's better than the alternative. As for Iran being armed by the US - that was nearly 40 years ago and all that stuff is totally obsolete. There are US sanctions on Iran so of course they don't arm them - why post such stuff with no evidence?

Do you believe the US holds to those sanctions?
How much stuff does Haliburton send to iran each year, or how many containers turn up in Iran & what is in them?

Your implications are that there shuld be no discussions just action.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 4354 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 08:24 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Unless May makes a lot more information public (if she has it) it's going to be a very vague debate based on historical evidence and trends. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have a parliamentary debate and vote though.

If there is a response, it should be specifically restricted to the chemical weapons labs, storage and delivery systems of the Assad regime. If he's not gassing people as he claims then he doesn't need it anyway. There also shouldn't be any civilians in those facilities given their locations in the mountains.

Generally agree but why does any state have chemical weapons labs if they're not gassing people?

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 09:40 - Apr 12 with 4350 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 15:22 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

But past results have shown that for Sarin to spread in the way that it has it can only be launched from airstrikes.

The rebels would have to take off from airfields that no longer exist in their own territory, in planes they don't have, circle around the sky without being shout down by Syrian forces who have the area surrounded by ground and air, then launch an sarin attack on the own "manor".

Once done they would have tom land the non existent planes on their non existent airfields and then claim they were the victims.

Interesting discussion about this here :

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php/7754-Syrian-Gas-Attack-What-was-t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024